Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: October 28, 2010 02:04AM

I remember this FHE lesson specifically. The point was that if we took care of our obligations to God, God would take care of us. If we shorted our other bills, eventually the Lord would step in to see that we got what we deserved. I think the "eventually" meant in heaven. Not getting a raise from the boss.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: November 02, 2010 09:16PM

I was brainwashed enough to give money to a cult. I got less income than I would have had!

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: November 02, 2010 10:04PM

I lost my beliefs in early 2009. But I still paid tithing for a whole year because I was scared of losing my job. In 2010, I finally realized that my employer doesn't care about how much money I give to my church. They only care about my performance. And the church isn't going to call my employer and tell them to fire me. Once I decided to stop paying, I announced it to DW. She told me I could lose my job if I stopped paying tithing. I couldn't really blame her for saying that. Yes , the brainwashing runs deep.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.