Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 07:35PM

Do you think he's afraid of dying? And or what happenes afterwards, if anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 01:48PM

Satan will likely be overthrown in a coup.

Of course, I jest, since there is no Satan.

And even if there's God and an afterlife, I think Boyd is just moving toward a never-ending oblivion...

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 07:36PM

NOOOOO WAY!

I am sad for him.

Posted by: TSCCProgrammer ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 08:26PM

I'm not at all sorry for him. He is a bigoted a-hole that spews hate and misinformation. The world will be better off without him.

Date: June 19, 2011 10:02PM

Okee dokee...to much beer!

Posted by: R4 ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 10:20PM

Fucking loser asshole, is that you trolling, MJ? Why don't you shut the fuck up and show perhaps that leaving the morg made you a better man rather than an even more annoying prick.

Date: June 19, 2011 10:21PM

Posted by: TSCCProgrammer ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 11:00PM

Not a troller, those are my feelings.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 08:39PM

he will say something AS MJ...... pretty harsh however you put it R4!!

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 01:55PM

ROFLMAO!!! AIC I love you, you have the best comments. My all time favorite is "a few handshakes short of an endowment" :D

Date: June 20, 2011 07:14PM

Gosh intellectualfeminist.

I blush...I got that from a thread where we were urged to say it
A few handshakes short of an endowment!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 07:43PM

I'm curious why he happened to pick a meeting house in Massachusetts.

I wonder if Romney was in the neighborhood and if Packer wanted a little chat. Hopefully LDS politicians would have the good sense to stay away from him.

Please, Nogod! Let Packer live to be prophet!

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 09:00PM

I want him to be profit too. May he live a very, very long life. He deserves it. Serious.
Susan

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 10:06PM

rising to the top dog slot, just to see what kind of zany antics they would get up to. But by the time they got there, they were so feeble and decrepit that nobody could even understand what they were saying half the time.

It looks like if Packer ever gets there, it'll just be the same story. If by some odd set of circumstances he could have been installed as maximum leader about 20 years ago, he probably would have excommunicated about 1/3 of the members and sent the rest to LDS ChurchCo work camps, which would be competing with Chinese labor right now (and earning less than their Chinese counterparts after automatic ChurchCo deductions of tithing and expenses).

But the real power seems to have shifted to handlers quite a while ago. Hinckley, having been a handler for decades, had some real power as prophet. He was considered a safe pair of hands for the corporation.

Monson, bland as he seems, was probably a behind-the-scenes handler too for quite some time. But as prophet, he's fading fast and his handlers probably have the real reins of power now.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 07:11PM

I was hoping Boyd would be able to continue to rant on about "Firey darts of Satan" and show his sour self.

But he'll be so old all he would do is sit there and drool. The Mormons would sing, "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" and nothing exciting would happen for us to laugh about.

Posted by: wjexmo ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 07:48PM

As much as I despise his rhetoric I don't wish ill on him. Hope he comes out of it ok, I too would love to see him live to be prophet.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 08:16PM

'May God bless and keep the Czar... far away from us"

Fiddler on the Roof

But is there a proper blessing for BKKKP?

Please dear God, preserve him so he can become president of the church.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 08:24PM

Why all the ammo/Big Guns?

the way they tell it, the Q guys are spread thin...

Hmmm

I smell something that doesn't appear at eye-level

Date: June 19, 2011 10:03PM

did you get my email?

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 08:24PM

I don't care one whit for him but I hope he's okay.

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 08:43PM

Here's one of the comments, from 'New Yorker' in Pleasant Grove:

"All of the apostles seem to give 110% for us. They're always in our prayers, but especially when the frailties of old age approach. They give up even their retirement for us, and we love them for it. Thanks also to their families who also sacrifice so much in our behalf."

I'm so touched... They even give up their retirements!

I'm sure they're very well-compensated for their efforts. Why don't you check on their compensation packages?

BTW, what do they take from the membership? What have the membership given up for them?

Date: June 19, 2011 10:13PM

the minute that they became General Authorities. It's not like retired people don't collapse in their old age or get sick. GAs at BKP's level have control over their schedules. They can slow down or speed up as they see fit. Back when I was an active member, there were occasionally meetings where an expected visit by a GA was cancelled or changed at the last minute due to scheduling conflicts, health reasons or whatever reason the GA wanted to give. They aren't accountable to the little people and the little people aren't going to say anything if they don't put in an appearance.

If they "overwork," it's most likely because they're addicted to the worship and celebrity treatment that they receive from the Morgbots everywhere they go. If they want to stay healthier, they just need to spread their "fixes" out more.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 19, 2011 10:06PM

They give up their retirement my sweet behind. They continue to get paid, don't they?

Whereas less annointed members get to actually PAY for the privilege of continuing to serve.

No sympathy from me.

Anagrammy

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 01:30AM

I saw him at least three years ago at a wedding reception and he didn't look good then. I would be surprised if he makes it to prophet.

Date: June 20, 2011 01:37AM

Date: June 20, 2011 03:07AM

Even as he's falling, he can raise his arm to the square and Melchizedekally fire off a priesthood fireball at the tripper.

The X-Men movie and action comics series is loosely based on the Melichizedek Mutant Men of Mormonism--a highly secretive team of General Authorities who have special powers. Word has it that Boyd K. "Power Packer" is their leader.

Now isn't this a lot more interesting than going around thinking that Mormon priesthood power amounts to nothing more than getting to choose who says the blessing on the refreshments and rubbing oil in people's hair and blessing them to get better (or not)?

Date: June 20, 2011 03:18AM

Someone once did try to trip Boyd K. Power Packer and was instantly cursed. Packer launched a fireball at the offending foot and it travelled up the would-be trippers pants (unimpeded by sacred garments) and blew the guy's head right up to the ceiling where it hovered and then came back down on to the shoulders of the cursed tripper, but facing backwards. Packer gave him a life-restoring blessing, but coupled with a curse of always facing backwards. So if you ever see a man get up in General Conference with his head on backwards, it may just be that guy...or Bednar. It's not always easy to tell. ;o)

Posted by: Alexis ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 08:27PM

This was so damned funny that I nearly lost bladder control. I'm only 16 and haven't pushed out any eight-pound crotch parasites, so it had to be funny.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 09:02AM

His grandchild was marrying into a family with a gay son, atheist son, and one known gay cousin. I thought that was funny enough.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 05:16AM

I hope he gets a Black Homosexual Doctor and a Lesbian Feminist Nurse...

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 07:03AM

My best wishes to him for a speedy recovery. Hospitals suck.
I hope his black, gay doctor and squad of lesbian nurses do a little toward softening his heart.

CZ

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 09:13AM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 09:21AM

It is very hard to have a family member in such a situation.

Posted by: cl2zip ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 09:25AM

bitch, but I had my own run-in with the man and the only reason I'd want him alive is to be the next "prophet." If we think he has softened in his old age--remember his talk at conference was it just last October?

I used to babysit his nieces and nephews--I'm from his home town.

I have no empathy for the man. He doesn't deserve anyone's empathy.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 09:31AM

It didn't make news here in Atlanta. Must not be important down here.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 09:44AM

I didn't realize he was well enough to travel.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 01:46PM

Geez, it's like he's universally hated. Some really, really scalding comments about the old coot.

Date: June 20, 2011 02:02PM

Cludgie, is there a link for the Trib? The only link I see is the Desperate News from the OP.

Date: June 20, 2011 01:53PM

As soon as I read the very first line I started to feel nauseous and had to bail. So apparantly Fudgepacker & Eyring were there because they had personal connections to the building yada yada, got it.
I really can't even look at a picture of Boyd KKK any more; his loathsome, self-loathing, smarmy, twisted visage..... I'm not surprised by the negative reports from people who know him......he just emanates this unpleasant vibe. I always tuned him out when he spoke in conference, ALWAYS. Couldn't stand his grating, ugly voice. The world will be a better place when that miserable POS leaves it.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 08:12PM

Mormons are commenting on the Salt Lake Tribune story.

example:

"Prophets and apostles of God have always been shunned, killed, persecuted because no one likes to be told that they are sinning. Most people dont want to change bad habits and conform with God's will for them. We can not sin and be happy. God wants us to be happy, but we cant be if we are living in ways that are opposite to God's law."

Luckily, the ratio of nonsense like that above to reality is about 3 to 1.

One commenter brought up a subject I'd hadn't seen before. Apparently the state of Mississippi was trying to pass a bill making interracial marriage illegal (April, 2011). A bunch of mormons organized to push for passage. Boyd K. Packer was thought to favor the bill.

Date: June 20, 2011 08:17PM

I wrote: "Luckily, the ratio of nonsense like that above to reality is about 3 to 1."

Whoops. Meant to say: "Luckily, the ratio of nonsense like that above to reality is about 1 to 3."

The mormons commenting on the Packer hospitalization are outnumbered at least 3 to 1 in the Readers Comments section.

Date: June 20, 2011 08:15PM

Another example of mormons commenting on the story in the SL Trib:

"God did not create gay people. He did create this wonderful world for us to live on and homosexuality is just another problem like any other. I don't think that the vocal majority of gay people give a nickle about my feelings or beliefs. They are like spoiled children who want the rest of us to change, so they don't have to admit that they have a problem. Permissiveness will be the doom of our world. Jesus taught forgiveness, kindness, charity, and purity. Boyd Packer is not the problem. He is the voice of wisdom. I will never support gay marriage and if you kill yourself over it, you are a fool."

Date: June 20, 2011 08:32PM

In anticipation, a little Mark Twain:

"I've never killed a man, but I've read many an obituary with a great deal of satisfaction."

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 08:38PM

Posted by: Polly ( )
Date: June 20, 2011 09:26PM

Someone said BKP had sons who chose the "dark side" (I presume, left the church). If so, this must have been very painful for him, with all his example and wisdom, to know they (apparently) didn't think much of what he had to say, or perhaps, of the example he set for them in his own home.

Dictatorial isn't a good parenting technique.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.