Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:50PM

per the mormon official website, they are making available new garmies for men.

The women got the stretch cotton series a bit ago, and now it will be available for the men. The way the news release describes it as a long boxer brief.

I don't know if it's been discussed - if it has been, I'll delete this

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:07PM

I believe that yours is the first word here that ghawd continues to reveal new and precious things to his children. He's quite a guy!

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:09PM

Is this for large people?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 10:17PM

It's been so long since I've been active...Are there large men in the church? Honestly, I don't recall that there were, back in the day!

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 07:36AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's been so long since I've been active...Are
> there large men in the church? Honestly, I don't
> recall that there were, back in the day!

There are a lot of overweight people in the church. Mormons start off beautiful, but it's probably just as well they marry young. Clearing out a few too many Munch and Mingles, multiple pregnancies and well... You know the rest.

I'm afraid it's something I have personal experience of. A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips! :)

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 08:19AM

MorgCo membership has expanded drastically in the last twenty years... (not in new converts, but expansion of the waist). For every exmo it has been deemed whitesome and delightsome to put on an extra 100 lbs. That way weight wise the church hasn't lost a single pound of flesh. More importantly Mr. Nelson has received revelation by the lighted pen that God wishes it to be so and is part of the new secret covenant. "For every member lost, a member of good and pure standing shall be chosen to take on the body weight of lost member." Thus spake Zarathustra!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 10:48AM

Obviously! My daughter showed me the stretch garments. They are more like Under Armour. She is pleased they made them. She's the type who layers so nobody can see she is wearing garments. She doesn't like her bra to be visible either. She doesn't look dowdy though. She dresses nice and is very pretty (and I'm not just prejudice). BUT she has told me that the girls her age hate garments. I thought it was a rite of passage when I first got them. Finally, I supposedly fit in with all the girls/friends who married before I did.

So now the men can wear the TIGHTY whities, huh? How special. I think men's garments ALWAYS looked better than women's did anyway--and they were made of better fabric. I hope they've done away with the split crotch garments for everyone.

I didn't finish up with my expanded size statement!! I am overweight. I admit it. Not nearly as overweight as I got after my ex started cheating and then left me. But I'm still overweight and I don't like it, BUT go to a public place and I look medium size.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 10:50AM by cl2.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 11:01AM

If you stick to mainly protein and vegetables you will always be full and stay thin.

Some people's bodies just can't handle carbs.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 11:55AM

I'm sure glad I get to choose what underwear I wear.

Re losing weight, here's a success story:

Last August, I noticed that my clothes were too tight. And someone I know told me he had lost 30 pounds over the previous year by eating healthy and exercising every day. He was my inspiration.

So I set a goal to lose 25 pounds, which would get me down to my college days weight.

I cut out ALL between-meal snacks (got used to saying "no").
I did not eat after 8pm.
I exercised (push-ups, crunches, squats) for 20 minutes every morning.

For BREAKFAST, I had 2 glasses of FRUIT smoothie (well, ya ARE what ya eat, right?)
For LUNCH, I had a chicken salad (or similar), drank only water.
For DINNER, I had steamed vegetables with Italian dressing.

I made a few exceptions for Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners.

But the result, by February (i.e., in 5 months), I had reached my goal.

It wasn't painful or difficult to do. And today, I'm still in the habit of this diet/exercise routine, and the weight is staying off.

It worked for me.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 12:15PM

And that is part of the problem. I refuse to diet anymore. I refuse to give up diet coke. I've lost a significant amount of weight (I keep pictures where nobody can see). I used to walk 5 miles a day and I didn't lose any weight. I did lose weight and a lot of inches working at Sam's Club for 5 months.

I am a carb junkie. It is just a fact. I have diabetes and it isn't under control. This is my addiction. I work on my diabetes, but I'm not going to mess with my own mental health. If I put myself on a diet, I eat more. The more I try to restrict myself, the more I eat. The way I lost the weight I have is to quit dieting at all. And if it all doesn't come off before I die, so be it.

I've earned every pound I have.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 01:48PM

I think they were shown at Fashion Week.

Posted by: Chicken N.Backpacks ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 02:12PM

Mormon history and doctrine is extremely elastic, so it makes sense that garments be stretchy as well...

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 25, 2019 01:40AM

Must be for men who are well endowed. What can you expect from a religion that blesses your dick and then you get endowed.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 05:18AM

But doesn't tight underwear reduce fertility in men?

May backfire on reproducing little mormons.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 01:55AM

I wore The Only True Garments. It has been downhill since 1979, garment-wise, after they went to the two-piece. The Only True Garment had a large neck hole that you use to climb into it. When you shaved, you would pull the top down and wiggle your arms out of it, so that the top part was bunched up over your belly, and then you were free to shave. The Only True Garment had a large flap on the rear, so that you could spread it open to sit on the toilet. The Only True Garment had large, visible marks that were stitched in like large buttonholes, and had to be backed up by a piece of cloth on the inside so that the marks wouldn't come unraveled, but they did, anyway. The pieces of cloth that backed the marks would roll into little balls in the wash, and it gave you the appearance of having an extra set of perky, erect nipples that people could see a block away. I am ashamed that the marks are now just printed on the inside, and that it's in two pieces, giving you a false sense of wearing normal underwear.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 29, 2019 07:42AM

Ha! Ha! I remember those stupid things. They had to make garments more like modern underwear because the younger members like me weren’t going to wear that crap.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.