Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 02:08PM

My 73 year old mother after my father died had a visiting teacher stop by weekly for three years. She genuinely like this lady, enjoyed the company, and would go to church functions with her. After being loved bombed by the mishies and other members of the cult for 2 years... "they" started to turn nasty on her. At a luncheon one of the ladies got up and asked her in a rude tone of voice why she hadn't gone to the F&T meeting to bare her testimony. At another church function another man approached her and informed her since her husband was dead she needed to get rid of all of those Indian artifacts. My parents were great collectors of all things Indian. My mom had no idea who this man was! Another luncheon another lady was interested if my mom was fully caught up on her tithing. During all of this my mom experienced the typical Mormon passive/aggressive behavior. Her VT would call 6 or 7 times in an hour and leave no messages. Or invite her out and not call to cancel or answer phone calls. Final straw was she was invited to a lunch and went. They reserved a special table for her to sit at all alone. All the others were full. And refused to talk to her. Luckily my mom during this time period never once went to church on Sunday or gave them any money. The sad thing is my mom thought her and this visiting teacher were good friends. Any one else have family that were bit in the ass for being friendly to TBM's while trying to keep some distance from the false teachings?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 03:28PM

As my exmo therapist said, you can't have even 1 toe in mormonism. You have to be all in and, even then, they can treat you like crap. My family was always treated like crap.

There was a clique in our ward and my mother was one of those who never got invited to go to lunch with the cool ladies. It really hurt her. One of them was our nextdoor neighbor. Then in later years she acted like she just loved my mother.

I was an active teenager when we were supposed to go to see Saturday's Warrior. My mutual teacher's daughter worked at the COB and she got "us" 5th row seats. The other classes were in the balcony. A week or so before we went, my teacher told me I still owed another $1.50. Never explained to me anything. Found out later that i was going to be in the balcony with the other classes as they couldn't get enough tickets for the whole class, but one girl wasn't able to go, so I was able to sit with the special ones. If I had known, I would have sat in the balcony with my sister.

I grew up being treated like this--our whole family.

What business is it of anyone's if your mother was up to date on her tithing?

Mormons have NO BOUNDARIES.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 03:37PM

My job required me to work weekends. I also did search and rescue. So I was often gone from church for weeks. I never really knew anyone in the ward. Plus my wife was Native American. She was shunned because people thought she was from India. When they learned she was a "Lamanite" they started to warm up to her.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 03:49PM

I couldn't believe that a church going group of people could be so heartless to a 73 yr old woman... But I can see the logic of you can't have one toe in... For me I stay the hell away from them... My boss is a TBM and I see the are you worthy behavior all the time. I have to bite my tongue often from saying, "How very MORmON of you!"

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: May 23, 2019 05:04PM

What church do you people go to. In all my years (a lot) ive never seen anybody give a damn if somebody said forget the church. Most people dont care about those that cant keep up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.