Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 02:25PM

Good afternoon from a very hot and humid Eastern NC. Today, I slept in and got up and been doing a lot cleaning and packing. Got to move this week on top of having to work. That's another story to come in time but I am just trying to get things done before Friday.

So what is everyone doing today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 02:59PM

I'm having a bit of a lay about, reading here and there, and over there, too, while working on a Costco jar of cashews, eating them just one at a time...ONE AT A TIME!!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 04:44PM

Have you ever thought of mashing beans up into a paste? Maybe with some lard and grated cheese thrown in.

Date: May 26, 2019 05:02PM

Frijoles con queso? Eso lo hago con huevos y tortillas!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 05:36PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm having a bit of a lay about, reading here and
> there, and over there, too, while working on a
> Costco jar of cashews, eating them just one at a
> time...ONE AT A TIME!!

Why one at a time?

Date: May 26, 2019 05:37PM

Ate, slept, repeat.

Date: May 26, 2019 05:37PM

To demonstrate how disciplined I can be, when it doesn't really matter.

Date: May 26, 2019 05:46PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> To demonstrate how disciplined I can be, when it
> doesn't really matter.

I was impressed and it matters.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 03:01PM

Not much. Being lazy. Gonna do something with some wings in a bit. Havent really thought out my meal yet. TV and munching today.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 05:16PM

lisadee Wrote:
> Not much. Being lazy. Gonna do something with some
> wings in a bit. Havent really thought out my meal
> yet. TV and munching today.

Okay. Iksnay on the wings. Instead, threw a breast on the George Forman grill and fries. Quicker and less work.
Like I said, lazy.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 03:10PM

Great hike this morning with lots of wildlife.
Heading out now to the great hot dog cookout. No latter-day stuff.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 03:11PM

Today is just going to be a lazy day since yesterday was spent at a nearby Renaissance Faire. It's supposed to rain today, which is another excuse to just hang out at home.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 03:17PM

I'm having a day of rest and slacking in preparation for tomorrow's big day of beating up people in wheelchairs. And they better not get chatty with me during their beating or their beating will be worse.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 04:34PM

Dave !!! MUST YOU beat up people in WHEELCHAIRS ???

And it takes you a full day to prepare for it ?? Please no brass knuckles.

Beating up politicians would be a more rewarding choice !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2019 04:38PM by kathleen.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 05:50PM

Dave is an atheist, so beating up people in wheelchairs comes naturally.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 03:37PM

Just came back from bicycling on a bike trail. It's humid here too, we've had non-stop rain for the past few days with only a few let ups here and there.

I get my yard work done in between the rain spells.

Haven't been able to plant anything yet.

Sorry to hear about your moving woes. Please keep us in the know on what's doing with that. Bet you'll be glad when that's over with.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 03:39PM

I'm being too lazy but also just spent an hour looking for rental apartments here in Salt Lake area that don't fall into the "luxury" price range.

I need to give notice by this coming weekend and be out of here by end of June. Moving is awful and I don't even have that much stuff.

I've narrowed down a couple of places. One is out in sandy, which would put me closer to 2 of my kids and grandkids, and it's on a road in what we used to call White City.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 05:05PM

Got my notice to get out of where I am at in Mid-April but because I am low income there is not a lot of options.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 04:10PM

Watching the Indy 500. Reminds me of my Dad. Plan to grill tonight. Enjoying my long weekend.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 05:31PM

I worked on my deck today -- cleaning and sweeping, potting plants, etc. It's still not where it needs to be, but it's a whole lot better. I just poured a glass of chilled white wine and sat on the deck for a bit, watching my woodland animal friends enjoying their dinner at the feeding station I maintain. In a little while, I'll have a cold shrimp and pesto-pasta dinner with a spinach salad. It's been hot here today, and a cold dinner sounds about right.

Date: May 26, 2019 07:06PM

Ha! I had cold shrimp and pesto pasta last night. :)

Now I'm watching movies back to back on Showtime (free pick during a trial offer.)

My dinner this evening was leftover chicken from two nights ago lol.

Poochie got my leftover chicken.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 06:08PM

After rain, rain and more rain, we have a few hours today that are clear but windy. So, I went out and mowed the grass. For some reason, I did not want to make the 250 mile drive to my home town and decorate graves. I've done it for the last 30-40 years, every year. I found out my daughter and her family made the drive when she sent me pictures of her dad's grave. I was so grateful she did that.

Date: May 26, 2019 07:07PM

Wow, that was really thoughtful of her to do that for you.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 06:18PM

It's not perfect beach weather here today (low 60's) but my kiddos really wanted to go to the beach. We packed a picnic lunch and headed to at a local beach where we hung out for over three hours. My four-year-old has outgrown napping, but three hours of chasing waves wore both kids out. We threw both kids into the shower, toweled them off, and put them into their beds. My wife fell asleep on the sofa. The dog an I are the only ones in the house who are awake, but she always stations herself in the hall between the children's bedrooms whenever they sleep.

A light supper is already prepped. My wife put ingredients for homemade chicken vegetable soup into the crockpot last night and made bread dough this morning, which I'll put into the oven at 5:00 or so. I'll wake the kids up then if they haven't woken up on their own so that they aren't awake for half the night. My wife will probably wake up on her own, though if she doesn't I will let her sleep.

I usually play the piano on Sunday evenings. My children like to dance while I play the piano. If the wife is feeling OK I may get lucky after the kids are all bedded down.

It's been a perfect day thus far.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 07:29PM

Hey, Kat, It's so nice to see you here! Today, I got to keep my little 21 mo. old granddaughter! Spoiling her is so much fun!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 26, 2019 07:54PM

her dad's grave.

I spent the morning working. I love my new transcription job and they are always begging us to work more. Endless work--which is nice. It is challenging work and interesting work, and the people treat me GREAT.

Then I went to Costco with my boyfriend. Oddly enough, I ran into my nephew's ex wife. I always swore I'd kill her. My 2 nephews and my 1 niece are like my own children. She looks horrible, but I know she thinks she looks great. My boyfriend even said, "He was lucky that he got out just in time." This nephew of mine is one of those that this never should have happened to. She pretty much followed me around Costco. So instead of hot dogs, we went to get a sandwich elsewhere.

Now I'm going back to work. There is a roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot and my boyfriend will be here in 2 hours to have dinner.

Stopped by my parents' grave today and put flowers on there on Tuesday, so stopped to water them.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: May 27, 2019 03:06PM

I mowed the lawn while my wife was at church.

Date: May 27, 2019 05:14PM

Today I mowed the lawn as it's going to downpour tonight and temps are going to drop into the 50's for the rest of the week.

It's into the 80's today. A great day to have off! I fixed some torn vinyl tile in the mudroom (brand new tile too!) a little rip from perhaps the installer ... who knows? it's so brand new, but a tiny rip. I didn't even bother calling the flooring company as it doesn't warranty rips in the vinyl. Even though it's only a week old. I bought some vinyl glue and fixed it myself.

Simple fix.

Hope the rest of the floor holds up better than that. Sheesh. New is not always better. Although the old was certainly worn out and raggedy looking ... it had been there app 25 years or more.

Still daylight left. Shall go see how much mischief I can get into before night falls.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.