Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 03:25PM

At least according to LDS.org

I wouldn't mind a nice trip to Rio and Buenos Aires.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 10:29PM

Sounds Great!

Can Buenos Aires just take those two for a while? And Send the rest of the 70's GA's and church administrators as well. It wouldn't hurt my feelings, lol!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 03, 2019 10:39PM

Rusty, get a room by the beach and bring binoculars.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 04:38AM

They really are trying to gradually blend Mormon lingo with mainstream protestant faith lingo. Baby steps. Baby steps. Slow and steady. A little change here. A little change there. The parents hardly notice. The kids never knew anything different and within one or two generations you have a completely different church...one that the great-grandparents of the current generation won't be able to recognize.

"Disembowelment and throat slashing gestures?? In the temple??? That's preposterous! Never happened! You antis and your lies. So disgusting!"

It's hard though. They're trying to work it in a relatively short period of time in a world that includes instantaneous global communications and an internet full of information. They don't have the luxury of multi-millennial timetable that was available to the bigger, older religions. They still can't get rid of the Book of Mormon, the Book of Abraham and the Pearl of Great Price. It's too soon. But those "scriptures" from Joseph Smith are harder and harder to sell to people who have an IQ above room temperature.

Date: June 04, 2019 04:43AM

ever since she was young..

I used to joke about the General Authorities thinking up ways to do "church business" in Tahiti. Wendy, Sheri and Rusty followed through sooner than I expected--and traveling there by private jet no less.

I wonder if they'll discover that they need to visit the saints in Austria right around the time that the Salzburg music festival gets going.

Rusty doesn't seem like the kind who would be into traveling. But he does seem to enjoy the adulation of crowds and the ego-stroking that comes from meeting with "world leaders"...so I think things are working out swell for the Nelsons and their special friend(s).

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 05:27AM

>>They really are trying to gradually blend Mormon lingo with mainstream protestant faith lingo.

I agree. "Ministry" is not a word I would automatically associate with the Mormon church. The trouble is, if the Mormon church wants to attract more converts from mainstream Christianity, then more church talks are going to need to be centered around Christ -- not tithing, temples, etc.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 12:22PM

But being a cult is its value proposition. You can get “normal” anywhere.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 07:50AM

Rusty ministry to the Lamanites.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 08:51AM

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 09:35AM

To keep up their they new found Jet Set lifestyle Wendy and Hustle Russle... (And Sherri Dew) are going to have to start dressing up.

Private Jet: $600,000
Private Suites:$220,000
Clothes, Watches, and Jewelry:$120,000
Dumb Down Ministry: Priceless!

Posted by: redskittle ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 12:09AM

And you wonder where that money to fund for their private, luxury stuff is coming from...

Our tithing.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 11:08AM

Isn't the Sao Paulo temple built on the money from extracted gold fillings? I suppose that Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Bolivia aren't deemed worthy of a visit from Russell Bustle because they didn't commit to that ultimate sacrifice.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 01:07PM

Venezuela is not on their list ??? For shame !

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 11:30AM

Who needs teeth when you have a temple and the HG!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 11:52AM

“I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn’t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.”

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 12:27PM

LOLOLOLOLOL

Date: June 04, 2019 12:53PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> “I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and
> the only regret I have was that I didn’t study
> Latin harder in school so I could converse with
> those people.”

I went to a Latin music festival expecting salsa but they sang plainchant instead.

Date: June 05, 2019 12:07AM

you have to order the nacho chips. (Just a friendly tip from a seasoned traveler.)

Date: June 05, 2019 12:05AM

as learning to speak Reformed Egyptian?

While we're on the topic, I'm planning to go to Canada soon, but I'm having a hard time finding any Canadian dictionaries or Canadian language guides. I hope I can find some people there who speak a little English.

Date: June 05, 2019 06:07AM

Wally Prince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as learning to speak Reformed Egyptian?
>
> While we're on the topic, I'm planning to go to
> Canada soon, but I'm having a hard time finding
> any Canadian dictionaries or Canadian language
> guides. I hope I can find some people there who
> speak a little English.

Well, you could try the Canadian Law Dictionary (if you get in trouble, eh.) or the dictionnaire Quebecois de Joual. Then there are indigenous languages.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=canadian+dictionary&sprefix=canadan+dic&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_0_11

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 01:12PM

Are the faithful Mo's who are going to be fawning over RMN going to white & delightsome, especially the Lamanite members?

Because....doctrine.

Date: June 05, 2019 10:11AM

Here's how you should correctly approach such concepts as they relate to a proper understanding of the eternal order of things and specifically as concerns the "white & delightsome" folklore:

It WAS doctrine, based on the Book of Mormon, when the Prophet Spencer W. Kimball was alive, but now it's not doctrine and it never was doctrine because now is now and when was was it was a different time than now and everyone knows that now is more important than whatever was was back then and the then that was back when that then was what it was is no longer now....

And now we know that the things that were taught then were policies and traditions of unknown origins, which are properly relegated to sit alongside other practices that once were but are no more quaintly regarded as doctrine by members of the church who dabbled in folklore, such as the veiling of women in the temple and the taking of submission oaths to husbands, as well as the poorly understood policy that prevented black people from going to the temple.

In conclusion, therefore, as everyone knows, God never expressly or impliedly indicated that skin color was correlated with righteousness, since that was an antiquated notion that was more of a couplet than anything else, or perhaps just a singlet or possibly a singlet and a half at the most. In any case, as flecks of history go, it is one of the smallest of flecks and it was never really taught as doctrine, but perhaps was informally labeled as doctrine in a completely non-doctrinal capacity, even though it was really just folklore of a certain kind.

And THAT is how doctrinal issues should always be approached by members of the LSD Church.

Now, let us open our hymn books to "How Firm A Foundation" and lift up our voices in song!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.