Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 05:02PM

I found the video that the Church just put out of Aunt Wendy on why she married Dusty Rusty very interesting. Everyone has made comments on other sites that I would have made. What I found more interesting was the stuff about Dusty Rusty in the video. His wife had passed for less than a year when they met. Wendy says he was still grieving when she met him and he was really interested in her. married him. I read elsewhere that Dusty Rusty was also depressed over the loss of his wife.

Now I have been in a non Church bereavement support group for the past year. My wife passed more than 30 months ago. I am having better days now than I did. There is a part of me that would like to have someone in my life but there is also a part of me that says, I am not ready. I am still grieving. It would not be fair to the person I marry for them to deal with my grief. In talking with the woman in the support group, they feel this thinking is wise and correct. But if I was the follow Dusty Rusty, I should be getting married. After all he is the prophet and shows us what to do.

In the video Wendy makes a short statement there are some adjustments that had to be made. She did not explain. Based on the lectures and stuff in my bereavement group, I see this as a red flag. I think Wendy has found herself in a situation that may not be as good as she thought it would be. But for public appearances she makes it look good. On the other hand if you watch Dusty Rusty in the video, I get a sense everything is not heavenly.

I am on an LDS website for widows and widowers. Seems to be the same thinking. Take time and get over the major grief work. Some people on the site have gone out and got married right away and the marriages do not work. A few do but not many. It would appear that lots of time to grieve is the norm.
Based on my experiences and what I am seeing and hearing from Aunt Wendy, I am wondering how much of Wendy is for show and how much of Wendy is regret? We can't tell. But looking at the new video very carefully I think I see some cracks.

My wife was beautiful and full of life. Even though she has passed I still need to honor her memory and finding some young babe after she passed is not really honoring her and her memory. Now Wendy claims she prayed and fasted about it and God gave her an answer. Would Wendy have chosen me. I am only 7 year older than she is and I am in good health? I doubt she would even give me a second look. I must admit I am disappointed in Dusty Rusty trying to connect with some young woman so soon after the death of his wife.

Any comments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 05:23PM

Can a GA really know about romantic love? ..or care?

Do the eyes of a GA light up when the woman he loves walks into the room?

Does a GA put his wife's feelings ahead of his own, and not go play as much golf as he used to?

I gotz ta know!!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 04:21AM

Is there a confession in there?

Something like "I, The Most Interesting Man in the World, have decided to cut back on my links time in favor of the love of my life?"

Not a chance the General Authorities can meet that standard. They are neither sensitive to the needs of their spouses nor interesting men.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 12:17PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I gotz ta know!!

If they know how to make good donuts.

Posted by: BrightAqua ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 05:28PM

My supposedly TBM sister-in-law married her high-school "sweetheart" less than one month after her temple-married husband died. She and the new husband are in their 70s; her dearly departed husband was in his late 80s.

Several relatives are congratulating her, while at least one of her daughters is openly criticizing her quick remarriage.

Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 05:46PM

I know there are no right or wrong answers or right or wrong ways to do things. Dusty Rusty is a big person in the world view of things. So what he does in looked at very closely. You and I on the other hand are really little people. Few people talk notice.

Dusty Rusty and Aunt Wendy are looked to as examples of how God wants things to be done.

I wish you sister in law great happiness. I really do. I have come to think that somehow I failed to see happiness in having a loved one cross over to the other side to meet with all sorts of departed family members. I guess if I was a really TBM I might have a different attitude about death, dying and grief.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 05:45PM

Reading the body language . . .

Somebody needed a first lady for his act.

Somebody wanted prestige without having to put out.

They both got what they wanted.

The pen is clearly the only thing that lights up in their marriage. Romeo and Juliette this is not.

Wendy chews the scenery and her adoring Mormon fans love it.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 06:16PM

I think Dusty is pooped. His vitamins aren't up to speed and his geritol faileth him. I think the role of being a visible jet-setting profit is tiring him out. Wendy doesn't help. I think that she is pushy then relents which causes Rusty to give in and she gets her way.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 07:37PM

that it would take me 8 years to recover and it did. I had to go through my boyfriend's divorce (his wife left him). He was not ready for a relationship, but didn't want to lose me as he lost me once. What a ride!?!? It was very difficult.

I can't imagine losing a spouse to death, but you are honoring your wife Secular Priest and we are all watching. I support you in what you are doing.

I've said before, my cousin's husband was already dating a widow who his mother had lined him up with BEFORE she died. She had cancer and she was 37 years old. They were meeting at the temple for their dates. It broke my cousin's heart when she found out. He put his 6 kids through hell. The new wife wouldn't even let them have a picture of their mother in the house. Most of the kids ended up in family homes and one was a foster child. The kids have forgiven their dad at this point, but I'm 62--and she was 3 days older than I am--so count the years and what it did to those kids.

There is no way Rusty was over his wife. It is definitely all for show. I'm glad you pointed that out as it was making me more and more disgusted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 07:37PM by cl2.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 10:34PM

cl2 Wrote:

> I can't imagine losing a spouse to death,

My (ex) MIL had her (only) husband suddenly die -my FIL who literally died of a heartache at my finger tips while I was doing CPR, right while I and my ex to be were in the process of splitting up. After experiencing that, my MIL later said that losing a spouse to death is easy compared to losing a spouse (her daughter) the way that I did/had -by having that spouse go full on whacko to destructively trash everything and anything around them, including their kids sensibilities in some ultra sick (MORmON Style) attempt to elevate and justify themselves.

My MIL NEVER again saw her grandkids from my marriage after my wife at the time (her daughter) and I split. Worse yet, her personal character was endlessly trashed with out any reservation or mediation or any regard for reality by her raging nut case daughter in the eyes of her lost grand daughters.

Just a quick shout out of "thanks" to the POS self infatuated MORmON judge and the POS self infatuated MORmON "family values" religion that did so much to make sure that such an ugly outcome prevailed, largely due to LD$ Inc's interest in making sure that THE (MORmON) church's image of relevance and importance maintained in tact at any cost ......to others.

FTR, my MIL died a TBM, faithFOOL to THE end to "THE" religion that had done so much to sabotage her life for the sake of promoting so many BS fables that were used to (falsely) justify and glorify MORmONISM and all of its BS.

My MORmON cousin semi recently lost his wife to a sudden death. He said he can not believe how much it still hurts him even after 2 years, manifested because he still cries when he goes to visit her grave. (FTR, he recently remarried.) I resisted my urge to tell him how ULTRA DAMN LUCKY that he really is, since he probably would NOT understand, and I did NOT want him to take my comment as an insult/ slight, because it is NOT intended that way. With the aid of certain perspective, he really can feel lucky.

He IS super lucky in losing his spouse to death because he can still wish that he could still be with her.

There IS much worse pain than "merely" losing someone/ a spouse to death. That worse pain comes when a person ends up in a situation where they WISH that they could somehow lose the entirety of their blighted ill founded experience with their consummately toxic spouse. That worse pain is manifested/ verified when a person deeply deeply wishes that they could somehow push some magic "delete" button on the entire horrible experience and soul draining knowledge of their ever being with some HORRIBLE spouse even IF that delete action did leave some giant inexplicable gaping hole right in the middle of their life. That shortage and That absence of experience of that inexplicable time hole would STILL be deeply preferable to any lingering memory of any association with such a dismal character and such a dismal disgusting outcome, because some dreadful experiences and associations are far worse than worthless, and MORmONISM is a mother lode bonanza of such dreadful experiences.

It is going through that kind of bitterness and agony and misery that makes a person truly realize that sadness / sorrow is a HUGE luxury and a huge privilege and a huge indulgence because being sad would be so highly preferable, even enjoyable compared to the soul wrenching agony of recollections of being in such a dismal situation of a such a destructive terminally toxic relationship.

>
> I've said before, my cousin's husband was already
> dating a widow who his mother had lined him up
> with BEFORE she died.

Oh those MORmONS! and their (sick) MORmON penchant for marriage generating match making!! done, OF COURSE, for the purpose of furthering God's plan/ agenda.

> She had cancer and she was
> 37 years old. They were meeting at the temple for
> their dates.

Well, isn't special!! WIth the right kind of MORmON doctoring /selective revisionism, those events can be spun into a MORmON style Faith Promoting tale, one that can show how God really approved of what they were doing and how they were totally justified in spite of those underhanded ongoings seeming to be so wrong in any normal/ conventional sense.

> It broke my cousin's heart when she
> found out. He put his 6 kids through hell. The
> new wife wouldn't even let them have a picture of
> their mother in the house. Most of the kids ended
> up in family homes and one was a foster child.
> The kids have forgiven their dad at this point,

I don't know why .....

> but I'm 62--and she was 3 days older than I am--so
> count the years and what it did to those kids.
>
> There is no way Rusty was over his wife.

Well, maybe you can not comprehend it ...because you are NOT enough of a shallow ....superficial ....showy ....pretentious, PHONY!!!! person like EPIC PHONY Russell Nelson or his even MORE PHONY social climbing MORmON accessory show wife, so that kind of acting and operation is beyond your comprehension.

..... You would probably also balk at taking the sacred (superfluous) title of apostle or prophet upon yourself !!!!

.....You probably would not be much of a MORmON apostle/ ASSpostHOLE!!!

How could (that blindsiding, selective morality promoting) MORmON Jesus ever count on you!!! to help build His MORmON kingDUMB!!

> It is
> definitely all for show. I'm glad you pointed
> that out as it was making me more and more
> disgusted.

Date: June 06, 2019 11:51AM

in the same place as your divorce. Somehow.

My dad told me when my mother was in the hospital a year before she died--he said, "If she dies, I can't come back to this house as I can't live here without her."

Then he talked to me about my cousin who was going through a divorce. He asked me why I thought this cousin would end up drunk and naked on his parents' old home's doorstep (had been sold) late at night.

I said to my dad, "When someone dies, they died loving you. When they leave you, you know they are out there somewhere and they don't want to come home to you."

He told me he now understood.

My mother asked me years after my "husband" left how bad it got. My brother had a brain aneurysm burst (and he survived) and had a lot of complications for several years and they took care of him at the same time my husband left me. She said she and my father talked about it a lot and wondered HOW BAD IT GOT. I started to cry and told her I would NEVER allow myself to go through something like that ever again. I stayed for my kids, although at one time I was trying to figure out how I could take them with me as life was so unbearable.

I also live with the scars and no matter how much peace I have CHOSEN to make with my husband, the pain can raise its ugly head at any time. He and his boyfriend were extremely abusive to me. That boyfriend is long gone. Every now and then my husband gets mean and I let him have it. My husband doesn't dare treat me like he used to as I have a boyfriend. He is much kinder now, but the hell he put me through. He seems to think I should just forget it and that the past is the past. Not when you live with it. My dad hoped he'd just DIE and be done with it. My dad would have liked to kill him, but he restrained himself.

My husband is a good guy and I do give him credit for having been raised a gay mormon and then having the family he has, but it doesn't cancel out what he did to us. The kids, although they for the most part get along with him--my daughter pretends it never happened--pretends she has forgiven him 100% without working through the issues--but my son still tests him. She tests him, too. Who/what do you love more than me?

Even if it is different when you lose someone to death and I have to admit I would have much preferred he died when we still "loved" each other--I wanted to die on our honeymoon as I was very afraid of what the future held, but we had made it through the temple. I would much prefer he had died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2019 11:52AM by cl2.

Date: June 04, 2019 07:46PM

Secular Priest Wrote:

> My wife was beautiful and full of life. Even
> though she has passed I still need to honor her
> memory and finding some young babe after she
> passed is not really honoring her and her memory.

That is your need, and that need may be very real to you.
Make no mistake about it, that is what you are doing for YOU, AS IF it is for her, because in reality dead people do not care .....about anything going on here in mortality or any other place. Even so, I have to admit that people who get married right away after losing their spouse, appear to be very cheesy.
It is also very possible that missing their previous spouse fueled their need to be with someone (anyone) again right away, because they are a needy person. Being needy is part of the human condition. People get over that human neediness when they die.

> Now Wendy claims she prayed and fasted about it
> and God gave her an answer.

I always *love* it when a person, especially MORmONS, has to shift the responsibility for their decisions onto God. They have to make themselves and / or others believe that God was the motivation for whatever they did. They have to justify their decision and actions by saying it was what god wanted. I am convinced that God does NOT care about what happens here, so much like dead people do not care.

When I was on a mission, often times missionaries of the cheesy ass variety that were close to going home would start up on an (TOO) often heard and (TOO) often repeated MORmON narrative about how since they had matured so much spiritually by being on a mission, that they more fully understood the need to be married and have a family in order to make god's plan work, so they were going to get married right away when they got home .....to properly play their part in pushing forward God's plan, because they had become so gosh darn in tune spiritually by being a missionary.

To me, it was a form of boasting for them, while also indulging in some diversionary CRUELTY to others to help them pass the time until they could achieve their real goal which was to get (their horny ass) laid as soon as possible ....in the approved MORmON manner. They were really tossing their pent up sexual frustration directly into my face in the meantime because there was not anything else that they could do with it in the meantime. It was really insulting as Hell.....so much like MORmONISM ends up being in so many other ways. Those self important missionaries really should have been told: "spout your MORmON Bull $Hit to somebody else somewhere else, because it is meaningless to anyone around here like me. IF you really have to talk about that, then find some who cares, and /or who has the potential to remedy the problem for you ......some one like a prostitute!!! "

There is the real dose of reality! -That they were attempting to preaching about and pretending to close in on.

They had been busy doing God's will by being on a mission, and they were going to continue doing god's will by getting married RIGHT AWAY .....and having some babies RIGHT AWAY !!! (.....which SO CONVENIENTLY!!!! would also include their having sex ......RIGHT AWAY ....in order to help make God's grand plan for mankind work.)

That was how their BS narrative was supposed to work. HOW CONVENIENT!!!

It was well accepted to say that kind of MORmON stuff in that kind of MORmON environment. I was NOT accepted for me to say how I really felt about hearing that kind of contrived garbage which was a form of abuse, which was that I did not want to hear about their lame pathetic MORmON style excuses for their pent up need to get laid as soon as possible after being deprived of intimate contact with the opposite sex for so long.

At one time, so many years down the road in his marriage, my MORmON enforcement agent (piss poor excuse for a) male parent told me that he had thought about it ....extensively..... at that IF my mom died .....for whatever reason.... he planned to get remarried right away .....as in VERY VERY VERY SOON after her death.

That BS coming to me from him -the same Nazi MORmON enforcement agent ass hole who would not allow me to have any open musings or speculations or wonderings about my potential upcoming marriage and attendant eternal companion prior to serving "my" mission, because plans for that mission should NOT be diluted by such raw ragged speculation that was so premature and so unneeded and so unwarranted prior to the fulfillment of "my" super critical super important mission.

It was super insulting to my mother because, in spite of her many faults in other regards, my mother has always been perfectly (PERFECTLY!!!) loyal to my Piece of $hit male parent.

After listening to his latest BS plans on his potential upcoming marriages while still being in a current marriage, I felt inclined to ask IF he had anyone specifically in mind for his MORmON wife number 2.

So contrary to his grand MORmON plan for getting his second MORmON wife, MORmON Jesus killed his ass, while leaving my MORmON mother alive.

> Would Wendy have
> chosen me.

I hope you are speaking in a general sense much more than in a specific sense, or else that deal begins to sound way too much like so many MORmON style fantasies about a miracle of ending up with Marie Osmond.

> I am only 7 year older than she is and
> I am in good health? I doubt she would even give
> me a second look. I must admit I am disappointed
> in Dusty Rusty trying to connect with some young
> woman so soon after the death of his wife.
>
> Any comments.

Relationships are difficult and hard anyway. MORmONISM ONLY makes them harder and more difficult.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 07:50PM

I don't know about Wendy and Russ's actual attraction to each other except they're both alpha types.

But Wendy and his daughter who recently died from cancer were nearly the same age. He was marrying someone as young as one of his children, which isn't so unheard of. But as for Wendy's background and lack of experience other than her acumen that if she were to marry Russ it would be a "trophy catch" and they'd be a power couple, I believe she was star struck by the role it would cast her in, more than she was in love with him.

As for Russ, he wouldn't have any children by Wendy to compete with his own for his affection. Wendy had more work to do to win his children's affection so for her it was more uphill climb. Also, because of her younger age, he could insure she'd be taking care of him rather than he'd be caring for her in his old age. Men at his age are looking for a nurse maid more than they are a wife or a sex toy.

Posted by: Bobz ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 09:50PM

Date: June 04, 2019 10:41PM

in a MORmON context? -YES !!!

Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 08:14PM

IDK. A Churchco Prez doesn't need to be married. Both Hinckley & Monson outlived their wives and didn't re-up. I bet Wendy was the driver of the courtship/proposal bus (and I do wonder if she also tried to corral the previous two and they both said no). Her major adjustment was spending less time with Sheri… at first. Now she's managed to engineer her "BFF" to go with them on all their trips, no questions asked.

He certainly doesn't need her to care for him in his dotage. He has 24/7 on-call medical staff for that.

Only in the mormon church would Wendy Watson be considered a trophy wife.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 08:35PM

Do I think RMN should have remarried? That's up to him.

Do I think Wendy should have married him? That's up to her, but she should have thought about it longer than he did.

Do I think he was hasty? Yes.

A lot of men and women prefer company. When they become widowed or split up they become lonely, and they thirst for that companionship again. It is difficult to transition back to a single life after years of sharing a life. Idon't see that as a bad thing.

Of course it is always assumed a widow(er) loved their deceased spouse. Maybe they didn't at the end, and death did for them what they could not bring themselves to do for moral or financial reasons - separate and start again.

I had an elderly friend who remarried soon after being widowed. His former wife had severe dementia and he looked after her for years. In one sense, he had lost her long before she died. So I understand why he jumped at the chance of remarriage. His second marriage was a good match.

Both Wendy and RMN look very good for their ages. I think she is an attractive woman still in her own way and an ambitious one. She has really got the golden ticket here.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 10:08PM

None of us can judge one's grief and grieving process.

SecularPriest, so sorry for your loss.

But you are out of bounds to judge another man (and woman) for their love.

None of us can know. And all good to everyone who finds love, wherever they find it.

If the women in your non-church group deem your reasoning, 'wise and correct', who gives a damn?

It is your life. Why are you even referencing what other people think of your choices?

Same as Mormon. Always checking in with the collective think to gauge one's decisions.

Posted by: Chica ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 10:30AM

"None of us can judge one's grief and grieving process."

Completely agree! Why do we expect others to grieve just like we would, or just like we think they should?

My 9-yr-old loves to remind me: "It's my body. It's my choice."

No one else should tell you how to live and no one else should tell you how to mourn.

Let's honor individual needs and emotions without judgement.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 12:02PM

When others' choices & actions harm others, they should be 'judged', even if we don't like that word;
Emotions often lead to actions.

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 01:04PM

carameldreams Wrote:
> But you are out of bounds to judge another man
> (and woman) for their love.

This is what I call double hypocrisy: criticizing someone for criticizing someone.

Maybe you are out of bounds?

My view: When people set themselves up as prophets, seers, revelators, or other public figures, their lives are fair game for anyone to scrutinize. People like RMN, who literally spend their entire lives telling other people what to do, are especially fair targets.

One of the fundamental ways humans in society learn what is and is not acceptable social behavior is by looking for examples from respected elders.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 10:21PM

I haven't been married but losing a wife is probably like losing a cat. There always another one to go get. Friends come and go as well. If I find a spouse I think since I'm approaching middle age I won't be terribly attached and a love sick puppy, and if she runs off I wouldn't lose sleep over it, or get extremely depressed. (I like being by myself, to be frank)

I've had to do difficult things and be independent to support myself. So as for Rusty who's really old, I'm sure he's well passed his wife's passing and is just glad to see and experience a new day everyday. It's a blessing.

Date: June 04, 2019 10:49PM

macaRomney Wrote:
> I haven't been married but losing a wife is
> probably like losing a cat.

No way !!

I refuse to even contemplate the end of my association with my two precious kitties.

That thing I was married to ? -super glad to be rid of her !!! Eternal companion ? or eternal anguish? thinking that I was ever connected to her!!!!

Date: June 05, 2019 08:37PM

Please do the decent thing and never adopt an animal.

Date: June 06, 2019 12:03PM

Someone leaving you is a lot harder than you would ever believe.

I don't know what it is like to have a spouse die, so I can't really say I KNOW what they are going through, but I have had one leave me (and put me through hell on top of that).

My pets. My dogs. My dog got killed some 8 months or so after my husband left me. The worst day of my life so far. I've lost my parents since then. I've lost more dogs. My parents lost dogs. They knew it was the worst day of my life so far and they understood it always would be. That dog gave me hope. He was my little miracle. Just days before he was killed, I looked him in the eyes and told him he was more than just a dog. How do you keep your kids from grieving having lost their dad and now their dog? I got them another dog and he was with us for 14 years. My daughter leaves when our dogs die--as far as Alaska. She knows they are going to die and she makes sure she isn't here. My son gets violent. My boyfriend worries about how he'll act when I die.

Losing my dogs. Hell. I lost one 4 years ago on June 4th. One of the great loves of my life. A little dog with a bad heart that I rescued not knowing he had a bad heart, but as my boyfriend said, "The most pathetic dog you could find." And he lived 3-1/2 years with his crooked neck and messed up heart and he had the personality you couldn't believe. His best friend was my boyfriend's 108 pound German shepherd. She still responds when I ask her about him. I've been mourning all my dogs again this week with this anniversary. WORST DAYS OF MY LIFE. Bar none. I can lose a husband. I already did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2019 12:04PM by cl2.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 04, 2019 10:31PM

Interesting!

Caramel & Maca, you'd make a great couple. If you were a breeding pair, it might help keep your brand of 'thinking' from dying off!

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 03:35AM

Secular Priest Wrote:
>
> In the video Wendy makes a short statement there
> are some adjustments that had to be made. She did
> not explain.

Just for starters, in Wendy you have a lady who spent virtually her entire adult life up to the age of 55 or 56 as a single career woman, who never dealt with the dozens of daily compromises that married couples have to make with each other. Nothing wrong with that. But it doesn't prepare you for the fact that each day of married life involves some form of negotiation, awareness and feeling of responsibility vis-a-vis one's significant other. Happily married couples get used to it over time and don't even consciously know that they're doing it. But even most very young newlyweds struggle to adjust at first. For someone just getting into that situation in her mid-fifties, after a lifetime of personal habits, practices and preferences hardening to the point being set in stone, I can imagine it was a HUGE adjustment.

On Nelson's side, it would also be a HUGE adjustment. In his eighties, after many decades of getting used to a very specific way of doing and being with his first wife, and now marrying a woman 30 years his junior who has spent a lifetime being accustomed to calling all her own shots and independently prioritizing everything in her life as it suited her, without needing to consult a marriage partner.

I'm not the least bit surprised if they had some "ups and downs". I wouldn't even be surprised if at the beginning they had some epic fights that would shock the sheeple if they had been able to see them.

On the other hand, they had some major positive motivating "eyes on the prize" factors that were likely more than enough to motivate each of them to get past their differences.

Wendy gets to be married to the number 1 top alpha dog in all Mormondom, impress her friend Sheri and become a pseudo-general authority in the process. For a certain type of personality, those are big goals.

Nelson needs a "First Lady" in order to keep up appearances and have some swag and confidence. Scoring a young thang virtually the same age as his daughter doesn't hurt either. Social events and traditional rituals that typically are attended by the prophet and his wife would be so awkward if remained a lonely widower.

It looks like they're on the same page now and each is mostly getting what they want from the other.

Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 03:59AM

I agree that he probably felt lonely and wanted to be around someone. He spent his entire life around his first wife. And for her it was a great opportunity to get married finally. I don’t want to judge if they were in love or what their motivation was.
I had a roommate in college who got married to a man with 8 children and he had two wives who died. This roommate is severely disabled - brilliant mind tho! I was seriously worried about her. I felt there was something wrong about it. He married her only about three months after the last wife died. A year later they have a new baby. I was shocked, but then I looked at their pictures and my old roommate looks very happy and so does her husband. I guess my point is that we just don’t know how the other person deals with grief and what they need when they’re at their lowest. Some relationships don’t make sense to us, outsiders

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 04:01AM

At one time, Churchco 'automatically' releast Bp's whose wife died (still?);
it was like Almost BEFORE HER FUNERAL!!

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 10:14AM

So when Dusty Rusty makes it to the CK does he get both wives and horror of horrors will they get along? And what about Sherri Dew... do they get her in the bargain... oh what a tangled web we weave!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 10:59AM

Wendy looks happy as a clam. On the other hand, Bednar's wife looks so weary. Every relationship is different; you don't know what someone is going through.

Date: June 05, 2019 11:07AM

Wendy. Happy as a clam? Or, more like the cat that ate the canary?

And yeah, Bednar's wife looks beaten down. I actually feel for her. I suspect she treasures her alone time.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 02:07PM

I don't know how I could be/feel sorrier for Mrs. ("SISTER") Bednar. Really.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 11:36AM

Done & Done, that's the perfect comparison! "the cat that ate the canary". LOL

Posted by: delbertlstapley ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 06:21PM

Maybe old Russ did not like his wife. Sure, he had to pretend he did because he was an apostle, but maybe when she died he was glad - or not too sad. He is temple married to both, so kind a passive-aggressive shot to the old wife. Take that you old bag.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 06:22PM by delbertlstapley.

Date: June 05, 2019 06:32PM

His old wife did all the work that Wendy is enjoying the benefits from. His late wife supported his rise and Wendy is picking the fruits of that labor - hopefully of love.

The thing that gets me is how much like a young couple they seem to want to appear. This insight serves to strengthen this notion for me.

It is strangely weird. I don't know much about Wendy or Sheri but if they come across as advice givers to people who actually raised families whilst a partner was on the rise in position and prestige I find it slightly perverse.

They pick the fruits of other's experiences in augmenting their own wisdom without attribution or acknowledgement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 06:33PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 06:43PM

The morbid side of me wonders what she will do when RMN kicks the bucket....errr....ummmm....goes beyond the veil.

Will she be soon-forgotten as the new Prophet™ takes over and "hang out" with her lady BFF, or get married within 6 months to some other bigshot.

I know that when my mom knew she was dying, she made sure to get the word out that my dad shouldn't mope around--he should find female companionship.

Posted by: sbj ( )
Date: June 05, 2019 08:16PM

It just doesn't look good when the prophet is single

Date: June 06, 2019 11:09AM

Wasn't Howard Hunter?

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 02:27AM

I think the higher positions in Mormonism require marriage. not many can make it that high and be single except Sherri Dew. SO Rusty needed a marriage, Usually a prophet in Mormonism by his age should be married for years and years with a quiverful of kids and grand kids, that's the pattern the other prophets and higher ups have had. I don't think RUsty and Wendy have sex, HAve they constimated their marriage? The world would love to know. PArt me thinks it's for show. I think Wendy rules the roost in the marriage though. SHe seems like a take charge personality

Date: June 06, 2019 11:57AM

He has his quiverful.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.