Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 12:52AM

Mormons, my bad.

I have done so much Mormon bashing. I can’t deny that it’s been fun. But it was wrong-thinking. It’s too easy to focus on what they get wrong. But that’s got nothing to do with it. It’s what they get right that matters. The historical success of the movement shows that they got something right. That the bad outweighs the good is academic. Mormonism makes no pretense about condemning you to your own bad taste in religions.

I blindly trusted my elders and parents because I was taught to do so. Again, my bad. When I was taught hate, I should have asked them what planet they were from. My bad. And when that hate was turned against a lying and self-indulgent church that taught it, I went right along. My bad.

Truth is, if it ain’t love, it ain’t good. This has all been brought home to me in the women I love. Our thoughts condemn us. Bad thoughts are a losing game. I can’t help others, but I can help me. So, I’m sorry.

And to make amends I will gladly help build a Jaredite barge re-enactment for Nelson’s Viking funeral out on the Great Salt Lake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 01:05AM

Telling the truth is not bashing.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 10:19PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Telling the truth is not bashing.

Right!

what is the point of the OP? Apologizing for thoughts?

Apologizing to ex-Mormons but not actual Mormons?

Concluding with more mockery?

Hopefully, 'the women (you) love' (sounds like the new Temple presentation, ugh) are more level headed?

Or, is this what 'the women (you) love demand of you? Apologies for nothing?

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 01:41AM

Stop beating yourself up. That's your old Mormon programming. It's also a Mormon thing to blame YOU.

Drink big glass of water, take a brisk walk around the block, and get a good night's sleep. You will feel better in the morning.

^^^^ What Dave says.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 11:37AM

Seeing the whole picture and having as much information at your disposal as possible and then basing your decision on that lay of the land is what humans do with religion stripped away.

This leaves us to make decisions based solely on our own sick egos without bigoted-myth-mentality exacerbating the situation.

Empathy and decency demands that what Mormons are doing be corrected and that includes being abhorred. Studies show that people work harder when they are against something rather than when they are for something. Fighing oppression is not a negative. Appreciating the good and ignoring the bad is eating around the roaches in your ice cream cone.

With regard to Mormons, neither the high road nor the low road are the way to go. The road straight through. That is the one. Much harder to take than the high road which accomplishes nothing but feeding the one who takes it's ego.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 09:39PM

in b 4 ~ OPie has good womens ~

Posted by: normdeplume ( )
Date: June 10, 2019 11:30PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will gladly help build a> Jaredite barge re-enactment for Nelson’s Viking > funeral out on the Great Salt Lake.

May the seas arise and topple that windowless Jaredite barge and flood her bilge with funeral salt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.