Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 01:40PM

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/06/13/rick-wiles-eating-meatless-burgers-will-lead-to-a-race-of-soulless-creatures

End Times broadcaster and anti-Semite Rick Wiles, last seen explaining how pro-choice people would be eternally aborted by demons in Hell, said on a recent episode of “TruNews” that meatless burgers are part of a Satanic plot to turn people away from God.

His logic — and I use that word very generously — is that a plant-based alternative to meat is subverting God’s Master Plan to have us eat His other creations. Therefore, if you’re eating these vegetarian patties, you’re actually rejecting God.

"God is an environmentalist,” Wiles continued. “He takes this very seriously. He created this planet, he created the universe and he’s watching these Luciferians destroy this planet, destroy the animal kingdom, destroy the plant kingdom, change human DNA. Why? They want to change human DNA so that you can’t be born again. That’s where they’re going with this, to change the DNA of humans so it will be impossible for a human to be born again. They want to create a race of soulless creatures on this planet.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 01:58PM

Geez, I’ve lost count of how many ways I am damned.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 02:57PM

CrispingPin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Geez, I’ve lost count of how many ways I am
> damned.

Having tasted veggie burgers, veggie sausages and tofu, I am inclined to believe these are all satanic creations. (Big neon lights. :-)B-):-D BIG HIGH LETTERS)

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 02:44PM

SOMEBODY give this man an enema!

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 07:51PM

If we did that, the only thing left of him would be his skin.

I can't think of a downside to that, though.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 02:50PM

Wow, what a piece of work.

What about the souls of the cows?

Somehow they are fine worshipping a God who designed a kill-to-live brutal system. There's nothing like watching an animal kill another to eat to show God's love and empathy. Eye roll.

This alone was an indication to me that God, if He existed, is some sort of sadist. That was the best he could do? Really?

There are no lower limits to the stupidity some of these pastors spew. Hint: if it involves god or demons, they don't know any more than anyone else. They are pulling it out of their rear based on whatever they want to make up. Stop giving them money!

Date: June 19, 2019 02:54PM

Posted by: anon2828 ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 03:11PM

Factory farms and farming in general doesn't describe an apex predator. Apex, sure, but I'd argue that only hunters get the "apex predator" title since the game they hunt has the ability to act on its fight or flight. It's not truly an equal playing field because human hunters have vastly superior intelligence, but it's a fairer playing field for sure and makes it more challenging, especially those learning to hunt. Farming doesn't hone any "apex predator" skills whatsoever, so I think it's a weak argument for choosing to eat meat.

However, being apex, people get the choice to eat meat or not, because they have the power to make this choice. We have technology and modernization to thank for that. IMO, the more apex, the more options one has.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 03:11PM

>> "They want to create a race of soulless creatures on this planet.”

Well, Washington DC is already full of them, so I suppose they could proliferate from there if left unchecked.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 04:04PM

Rick Wiles is well-known as a volcano of bats***tery.

In fact, he embodies the saying, "The first rule of Dunning-Kruger Club is you don't know you're IN Dunning-Kruger Club."

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 07:22PM

Last year I pulled into Carl's Jr. and the scratchy drive-thru voice said "Welcometocarl'sjrwouldyouliketotrythefdjucfbaddbfeajhb?"

Being in a hurry, I said "Yeah, whatever."

It was the Beyond Burger, and DAMN it was good.

May God have mercy on my soul.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 07:38PM

I like both the Beyond burger and the Impossible burger, so that’s double damnation for me.

Of course, I was already damned for rejecting god’s one true church.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 19, 2019 11:40PM

And eating beanless chili will turn you Gay.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 12:23AM

Beware of people who tell you what our "nature" is.

Date: June 20, 2019 12:39AM

I want veggie burgers. How come they are more expensive than real meat ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 08:36AM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 01:19AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> I want veggie burgers. How come they are more
> expensive that real meat ?

Because they are a specialty product, and the market for them has not passed the critical economic point where the price will start to go down.

As more people begin eating them, the market share will rise, competition will kick in, and the price will gradually decrease (compared to what is true today).

Date: June 20, 2019 05:58AM

Tevai Wrote:
> Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I want veggie burgers. How come they are more
> > expensive that real meat ?
>
> Because they are a specialty product, and the
> market for them has not passed the critical
> economic point where the price will start to go
> down.
>
> As more people begin eating them, the market share
> will rise, competition will kick in, and the price
> will gradually decrease (compared to what is true
> today).

Because they are processed food, made in a fact, and have to go through even more mechanical processes than a decent cut of meat does.

Also, many of these vegan options create a bigger carbon footprint as the product is imported from thousands of miles away. Farmers in Africa, Asia and South America are starving as the hipster tastes of the Developed World put the prices of couscous, quinoa, lentils etc far above the reach of ordinary people there.

Date: June 20, 2019 07:13AM

* factory

Date: June 20, 2019 08:38AM

Tell us why you would care about a "carbon footprint".

Date: June 20, 2019 01:01PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> Tell us why you would care about a "carbon
> footprint".

The future of the human species.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 01:21PM

>"The future of the human species."

Well, gee... If the future of the human species is at stake, perhaps you could do at least 2 minutes of research on your claims to find out the actual facts about what you are talking about.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 12:26PM

Do you bother to do any research before posting?

"The carbon footprint of the latest Impossible Burger recipe is 89% smaller than a burger made from real beef"
"The assessment was verified by the Swiss sustainability consulting group Quantis"
"Beyond Burger produced 90% fewer GHG emissions, needed 46% less non-renewable energy, had more than 99% less impact on water scarcity and 93% less on land use than a one-quarter pound of beef."
"Quantifying plant-based sustainability claims could provide marketing and financial advantages for companies such as Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat — along with other competitors in the space, such as Nestlé's Garden Gourmet Incredible Burger and the Lightlife Burger. Savvy consumers are likely to want to support manufacturers and products focused on improving the food system in ways that can help feed the planet and also preserve it."
- https://www.fooddive.com/news/impossible-burger-boasts-much-smaller-carbon-footprint-than-beef/551073/

And that was the first link. One of the reasons why people want vegetarian and vegan options is to lower carbon emissions and help the planet. If it came out that these options were worse for the planet they would instantly become unpopular with their target market. They are doing everything they can to appeal to that market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 12:27PM by Finally Free!.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 10:00AM

Just to be on the safe side, I am going to continue to eat meat burgers. DOUBLE burgers. TRIPLE burgers. I especially enjoy Whataburger's triple bypass with cheese.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 12:10PM

>"a plant-based alternative to meat is subverting God’s Master Plan to have us eat His other creations."

Aren't plants god's creations too? Or were plants created by Satan? Last I heard god created the heavens and the earth. Or is that something else that is no longer taught? I have a very hard time keeping up with god's eternal, unchanging truths.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 12:12PM by bezoar.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 12:53PM

We can treat animals much better and with more respect, even if veganism is not an option. The crowding and treatment is getting worse.

How much different it would be if "dominion over animals" had emphasized compassion and fair treatment for fellow animals instead in the holy writs.

What sick mentality we humans had to "sacrifice" animals in the first place. We only viewed them as valuable food. The quality of life and comfort of animals is important to me. We didn't design the cruel system to kill to eat but we can do better for sentient life.

It will be interesting to see what happens when we can grow muscle tissue independently. I don't know where all this could lead but needless suffering of animals is not a good thing.

Posted by: JordN ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 01:02PM

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 01:18PM

I'd gladly give you my soul on Tuesday for a veggie burger today!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 01:27PM

Cows eat grass & corn, ('vegetables'), therefore they are a detour in our consuming veges.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 01:28PM by GNPE.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 02:29PM

That grass could have been fertilized from the decomposition of human bodies.

Does that make you a cannibal as you ate the remains of a human?

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 11:05AM

Sometimes, things are just nutz.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.