Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 02:40PM

. Once, a teen male fried-of-the family came out of the bathroom with his pants left unzippered. I figured he was lucky I was there at the time, as I could allert him to his then un-know problem. (Also, note, he--obviously--hadn't washed his hands, making it all the more fun to shake hands with him.)

. Next: My husband and I were in the hallway entrence/exit when an over-weight woman was walking away from us. The funny thing: Her drawers dropped down around her ankles. Like a lady and gentleman, we turned away our gaze as if we hadn't seen the sight---but we had! :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 03:12PM

watching the choirster fall asleep and seeing her girdle come down farther and farther (man spreading), haha!

Bishopric member use to pick his nose while on stage.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 06:17PM

P.A. system would sometimes pickup passing truck drivers. We kids picked up on a lot of strange slang that made mom cringe.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 20, 2019 06:35PM

(Or, EXON46 un-heard.)

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 04:39AM

We were doing a war commemoration service when the PA system in the cultural hall started making sounds like gunshot. I don't know whether you'd call this funny but it was inappropriate.

Posted by: SixAM ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 05:13AM

I have never seen anything like what has been described here.

But, most likely these things have happened because you are compelling people to leave the house that normally wouldn't. For instance, the little-old-lady who is practically a shut-in, but manages to get herself to church every Sunday despite her increasingly deteriorating state.

Date: June 21, 2019 05:45AM

SixAM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have never seen anything like what has been
> described here.
>
> But, most likely these things have happened
> because you are compelling people to leave the
> house that normally wouldn't. For instance, the
> little-old-lady who is practically a shut-in, but
> manages to get herself to church every Sunday
> despite her increasingly deteriorating state.

We had those. Some of them were showing more and more signs of dementia, until they ended up in a home. It was actually very sad, because I had known some of them long enough to see the deterioration.

Date: June 21, 2019 05:56AM

I don't know if this counts as "church", but I have had some funny things happened at the temple (other than the usual). Once sitting in the Celestial Room, I had to listen to some old women chattering away about how bad the traffic was on the way there, their neighbors or something like that. This went on for at least twenty minutes, so instead of getting peace and inspiration, I got two old women stuck in my head. (Talk about an ear worm. It was like that annoying song on the radio/TV that sticks in your head, except this time it was kooky ladies.)

On another occasion, one of the older brothers from another ward got speaking to me while waiting for the veil and tried to get me to buy something. I suggested he talked to me about that after we'd gone through, because our turns were next but I never saw him again.

Fast and testimony is a good one. I'll never forget the man who bore his testimony of "the Church of Mormon hallelujah in the name of Jesus!". Or the drunk who would stand up occasionally and swear in meetings.

Posted by: Politic ( )
Date: June 21, 2019 09:48AM

A secret smoker accidentally dropping tobacco bits on the sacrament tray.

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 08:41PM

New ward organist was called but let's just say if these callings are 'inspiration from God', then God got this one wrong. I am not sure who told her she could play the piano/organ or why she thought she could but it was so embarrassing and the worst ever, never held any of the notes the correct amount of time or too long, Hymns everyone knows the tune of you wouldn't be able to recognize. It was hard not to feel sorry for her but she was up there just playing away looking as proud as she could be but it was painfully excruciatin. the funny part was, because she wasn't playing the music right, no one could really sing along to it so literally the entire congregation just mumbled along softly, like a bunch of people trying to sing along to a song they had never heard before or had music to follow. FACEPALM.I kept looking around like, this is a joke right? or Isn't someone going to stop her? Isn't there a 8 year old in our ward in piano lessons that can go play?

One more shorter story, woman gave talk about a real miracle they recently received from God. Her hubby had knee surgery recently and after only 3 MONTHS he was able to walk again with only a slight limp. She was in tears at being able to witness a modern day miracle from God and a true witness he still performs miracles.
Ummm---you mean your husband's body healed? That's not a miracle but okay!

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 09:26PM

I used to go to church in a pretty old chapel that had bats in the attic. One day a bat flew through the chapel during sacrament meeting and caused quite a stir.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 24, 2019 09:36PM

the not-quite-former JW who gave his JW 'testimony'...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.