Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ivan Kolob ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 09:48AM

Joyce McKinney, who held a Mormon missionary in England in her home for three days in the late '70s, was arrested the other day for a hit-and-run accident that killed a 91-year-old Holocaust survivor. If convicted, she may spend the rest of her life behind bars as she is almost 70. My apologies if this has already been posted but I haven't seen anything about it on RfM.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 09:56AM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 10:33AM

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 10:34AM

Date: July 05, 2019 10:35AM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 10:39AM

She used to part her hair on the left, but then started parting her hair on the right!

At least that's what she claims!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 11:12AM

"appeared to be living out of the truck with three dogs at the time of her arrest"

She likes dogs.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 12:08PM

Send her to me, but without handcuffs, chains, or chloroform, OK?

No dogs, she can part her (head) hair wherever she wants...

I'll get her scheduled for electro-shock therapy @ BYU.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 09:23AM

I’ll take a cat person, thank you very much.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: July 05, 2019 06:11PM

I know this is wrong, but I want to know what happened to Kirk Anderson since this happened.

When it was in the news 1977? there was a woman in our ward who had a nephew in the same mission and he was home about 9 months later and Sister????? told everyone that all the missionaries had to told not to discuss the details with anyone.

I think he finished his mission and came home. Just wondered if he made it home and stayed a TBM and why didn't he write a book about it? Although I can imagine he wanted never to hear about her and anything that happened.

Date: July 05, 2019 06:14PM

I imagine Kirk Anderson probably sleeps with a pistol under his pillow.

There is a disturbing aspect to this. John Travolta, the Bee Gees etc all had photo ops with this rapist. Why do we enable female sexual harassment while condemning the male variety? Because she is a rapist, and should have been extradited to the UK.

Date: July 05, 2019 06:40PM

It was my understanding that there was some ambiguity regarding the 'rape'.

I'm just going on what I've read...

They apparently had a bit of an affair while he was at the Y. His parents were against the match and one way or another, he got a call to England. The notion exists that he didn't fully confess.

So the event goes down in England and after his release from having to do her, she is arrested and then is granted bail. While out on bail, she leaves England and England was happy to see her go and never asked that she be extradited.

Meanwhile, Elder Anderson is interviewed by a whole host of GAs all wanting him to explain himself and how many times he was abused and the details about each carnal act... You know how GAs need fuel for Holy McGhost to do his best work.

Then when it comes out that the couple done it before the mission (thus explaining her enthusiasm regarding doing it again), he is ex'ed and sent home. He pays penance and rejoins the church and gets married in the temple.

If you search his name here on RfM, you'll find three entries by an RfM'er who used three different names to tell the same story, that he met Elder Anderson before and after the mission as a part of business transactions with the Elder's dad, and at the meetings after the event in question, he was cautioned by the dad not to ask Elder Anderson about the events about which we are all curious. The storyteller remarks all three times that Elder Anderson didn't come across as the Helen of Troy that Joyce made him out to be. (Although I am the one inserting Helen of Troy into the narrative.)

And then if you ask the search engine of your choice to find you photos of Elder Anderson, you'll no doubt find the ones I saw, and which indicate that 'he found his appetite.'

Life is weird...

Date: July 06, 2019 06:11AM

There was some ambiguity about the rape, partly because ironically traditional English law didn't think a man could be sexually assaulted by a woman. (Remember she had at least one male helper, so the argument she was physically smaller doesn't stick.)

There are some pretty unambiguous hints that he wasn't that interested - going on the mission, keeping away from her afterwards, having to be kidnapped etc.

"They apparently had a bit of an affair while he was at the Y. His parents were against the match and one way or another, he got a call to England. The notion exists that he didn't fully confess."

This is quite possible but it doesn't mean he wished to continue it. This is mainly from her side.

He may have ended it for the simple reason that she is quite obviously unstable and dangerous. She may have been physically attractive in her day, but you have to weigh it against that.

It is possible as well to be simultaneously turned on by something and not wishing to do it. If she had been sensible, she would have chased him when he came back and then they may have ended up married. But who wants to be married to a person like that, even if they are good looking? I remember a girl at school I was interested in who was a complete psychopath but very attractive - I met her husband a couple of years ago (I knew him at school too) and he had been turned into a complete wreck by her... Sometimes you shouldn't think with your manhood, and I'm sure Kirk Anderson probably knew that.

Posted by: Anon..Former London Mish ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 09:35AM

She was very pretty lady, a former Miss. Wyoming. Anderson and she had a relationship at the Y. Apparently she was still in love with him, and wanted to rescue him from a cult. She got a little crazy for sure, but "rapist" I don't think so. If he hadn't been involved with her before, I would tend to lend more credence to his claim's, but I think they let her go because English law had difficulty believing that a man can be raped by a woman. I was in London shortly after that ordeal, and I remember the English thinking it was a joke for him to complain about a beautiful women kidnapping him.

Date: July 06, 2019 12:50PM

You can easily be raped by an ex-partner. It even happens within marriage.

If she was hideously ugly, would we be having this discussion?

I think she may well have been attractive, but he could well have realized how crazy she really was.

Posted by: Anon...former London ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 01:03PM

Yes, women can easily be raped by an ex-MALE partner. Very true, but not so with women raping men.

Back in the early 80's when I too was in London as a Mormon mishy, I remember the jokes, e.g. a woman raping a man is like a squeezing a marsh mellow into a parking meter. The English laughed this off...it was joke years later. I was there. They did not take it seriously. Think about it, it's not believable that a grown man could not escape, would not enjoy the encounter (having been in a relationship already with her), etc. Most likely he eventually realized she was crazy, but you know..he wasn't raped. Jesus this is funny.

Date: July 06, 2019 01:16PM

The guy was in his late teens/early twenties. Without going into detail, it is very easy for a man to become aroused at that age, even against your will.

Sexual assault of men by women is always treated as a joke. It is real. I have had unwanted sexual advances from women, including some grabbing my equipment (putting their hand inside my pants) or my butt. When you discuss this, you get told you should have enjoyed it. If a man did this to a woman, it would be unacceptable. I may be heterosexual but that doesn't mean I find all women attractive and even some of those I might find attractive are not always those I would accept advances from. Some forum members seemed to think I was "sick", because I said I wouldn't make advances to a married woman, even if I did like her. Well it cuts the other way, I've no intention of cucking someone else if someone's wife makes advances to me

Posted by: Anon...former London ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 01:34PM

You've got a good point...

Posted by: ALifeExamined ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 05:13PM

I was a student at Oxford University in 1977 when the Joyce McKinney kidnapping hit the front pages of all the tabloids. At breakfast on the morning the story broke, a fellow student asked, "Have you read the morning paper?" When I repied, "no", he responded, "Dude, you need to get a sign on your dorm room door immediately that reads, 'the Mormon lives here!'"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2019 05:14PM by ALifeExamined.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 05:43PM

That's funny.

Posted by: ALifeExamined ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 05:52PM

And it's absolutely true.

Date: July 06, 2019 08:11PM

Oh, I believe you.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 06, 2019 09:35PM

Wiki says she's homeless & living somewhere in SoCal, also says that KA is married with children, a real estate agent.

eta: I wonder if since she was convicted in England, ? would she be required to register here as a sex offender?

(reads that female > male unconsentual intercourse was a lessor offense than Male > Female, I hope they've changed that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2019 09:39PM by GNPE.

Date: July 06, 2019 09:39PM

She wanted to experience immanacled conception.

PS. EOD made up that joke, not me.

Date: July 06, 2019 10:05PM

Dammit!

I can't find it in my heart to deny this ugly allegation.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.