Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 25, 2019 01:06PM

wasn't there a dust-up about it not too long ago?

is recreational uses still a crime?

what about therapeutic use / users?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 25, 2019 01:10PM

They don't want there to be too much. I heard a little bit about it on the news the other day. They said something about a Colorado grower who said that they wanted to be one of the growers because if they don't grow enough of it, it will create a black market (or something like that--maybe someone else was really listening).

My son's doctor, who he got suboxone from and there are only a few doctors who are allowed to prescribe suboxone, told my son he won't go into doing medical marijuana because each doctor is only allowed to have I believe 26 patients and they have to jump through a bunch of hoops just to do that many.

It is still a felony I do believe in Utah. It will become legal I'm sure for recreational use no matter what the church does. The fact that it even passed as much as it did (and then the legislature changed the law) shows that mormons voted for it. They never thought gay marriage would come to Utah and it did.

Date: July 25, 2019 01:15PM

wasn't SSM a federal decision?

Date: July 25, 2019 02:12PM

Let me know and maybe I can answer. My son certainly could answer, but he is at work.

They are trying to do everything they can to keep marijuana from being "legal" in Utah.

I'm sure there has to be someone else from Utah on the board who knows more.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 25, 2019 04:16PM

They must have big investments in opiates.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: July 25, 2019 03:54PM

"It is still a felony I do believe in Utah. It will become legal I'm sure for recreational use no matter what the church does. The fact that it even passed as much as it did (and then the legislature changed the law) shows that mormons voted for it. They never thought gay marriage would come to Utah and it did."

Whoa. Slow down. First- recreational is waaaay off the table here. They're even trying to restrict MMJ to extraction without THC. This is not anything like CO or CA or even WA. They are fighting it tooth and nail. Yes, we will get medical marijuana. Yes, it will be highly regulated. It will be like the DABC. Any little step will be like pulling teeth. The usual connected Utah players are on the brake pedal until they can form the channels to profit from MMJ.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: July 25, 2019 01:26PM

Utah won't decriminalize it... it will be a hold out state. But I think they will follow suit with New Mexico and make it a misdemeanor offence with a $45 ticket. No court. No jail. No arrest. The Reagan era stiff penalties didn't work obviously. People enjoy smoking weed. The courts are so backed up with petty offences that it's preferable just to do away with the harsh laws and tackle the more serious offences. BTW... my best friend lives in the Moridor and says Mary Jane is very easy to get your hands on if you are looking for it.

Date: July 25, 2019 02:14PM

My son had a supplier, but the supplier was turned in by his mormon brother and had to move out of state. Now he is lucky to find some, but my son isn't very social, so his contacts are minimal. He knows where to go to get some out of state, but it would be easier if he could find a new supplier or more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2019 02:14PM by cl2.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: July 26, 2019 12:05PM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 28, 2019 04:00PM

I would get baked with Orrin Hatch.

Date: July 29, 2019 12:39AM

would U survive to tell about it?

Date: July 30, 2019 06:58PM

because the way the legislature changed the law that was originally passed here in Utah, the people distributing the pot will be from the county health departments. Davis and SL county have said they will not be distributing it because they could be arrested because of federal law.

So let's see what happens next?????

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.