Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 31, 2019 10:49AM

.....after 10 years of cancer battles. I loved her as Rhoda (who didn't?) and she did some great work later as well.

In my Las Vegas days, my roommate had 2 tickets to see the play "The “The Tale of the Allergists"wife, at the Ahmanson Theater in LA.(about 2002). It had just come to LA after winning Tonys in NYC, starring Valerie Harper, Michelle Lee and Tony Roberts. It's about #20 on my list of favorite plays but the experience was great.

She said this about having cancer: “It’s not so much about resisting death. It’s accepting that it’s there and then making sure that I’m living to my utmost potential.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2019 10:50AM by memikeyounot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 31, 2019 10:55AM

Yeah, that made me sad. She and Mary both passed away just after they turned 80. I'm glad that she got to be 80.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2019 10:55AM by Greyfort.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 31, 2019 12:15PM

My daughter has the whole Mary Tyler Moore series and LOVES Rhoda. That sitcom was one of the best ever.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: September 01, 2019 03:28AM

Yes, we loved that show, too. I miss good character-driven TV shows. These were so well-written, that we could identify with them, just like friends. Mary, Rhoda, Mr. Grant, Ted, Phyllis, Murry. They all had quirks, but meant well. I can't find empathy for most of the characters on mainstream TV these days--they are too extreme, too crude, too one-dementional, and just not funny. Rhoda and Mary, dealing with being single and a little older--great stuff!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.