Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: September 02, 2019 07:22PM

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/tony-perkins-mass-shootings-080832225.html

Perkins also claimed it’s impossible to have morality without religion, a view he said George Washington had shared.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 07:24PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: September 02, 2019 07:53PM

Somebody PLEASE tell this yahoo about the Scandinavian countries, he'll experience Instant mwlt-down

just sayin'

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 08:29PM

GNPE1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Somebody PLEASE tell this yahoo about the
> Scandinavian countries, he'll experience Instant
> mwlt-down
>
> just sayin'
Not to mention most Asian societies, which are founded upon Confuscism, which has more to do with human relationships than God.
Personally I think the problem of mass murder in America has more to do with unfettered access to weapons of mass murder than anything else.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 12:09PM

REALLY????
PLEASE!!!
SPOKEN IN TRUE IGNORANCE

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 12:29PM

Naw. Learning science will just educate the shooter more on how their gun and ammunition work. They will understand better that lead and copper are elements and be able to find them on the periodic table and look up their atomic value. Maybe they can use their molecular understanding to make better alloys for better bullets.

They can understand the chemical reactions that make primers work better and understand the composition of the nitro-cellulose gun powder better. They will understand it was Nobel discovering nitro glycerine was what make modern gunpowder smokeless.

Why do these people snap and do mass shootings? I doubt a science education has anything to do with it. I don’t think anyone knows for sure. Maybe they are just suicidal and want to be a big news story instead of just hanging themselves in the garage and not making the news at all.

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 01:11PM

Isn't that the same Perkins whose house flooded after saying floods were a punishment from Gawd.... LOL!!!!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 02:29PM

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 03, 2019 04:05PM

When I read these religious fundamentalist stories, I think of this...

Destruction of the Serapeum from "Agora" (2009)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lTRa_ZJn8

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 12:40AM

"As a totally godless human being who has been teaching about evolution for a few decades, I’ve noticed that I and my fellow biologists and atheists are less casual about taking life than our gun-totin’ Christian brethren in general. Evolution teaches that we’re kin to everything; it doesn’t bring us down, it elevates every living thing on the planet in our eyes. To claim that we have no morality is a lie. We have many of the same values that our fellow citizens do, we live quiet lives finding happiness in our families, our children, in service to others, in simple pleasures. Most Christians are the same way, except when their priorities have been distorted by misplaced fanaticism, which, unfortunately, the kinds of Christians who listen to Tony Perkins are fed constantly." -- P.Z. Myers

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.