Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 10:18AM

Most probably know about the storm off the east coast by now. I am planning on riding it out at home. Thankfully I’m in a better structure and the storm isn’t as bad as the one last year so I am not as worried. My friends and I are prepared for a couple of days of no power. I am actually at work waiting to clock in but I am not sure I will be working the rest of the week or when the restaurant will open back up afterwards. I went to the dollar store next door to work and got some candy, and puzzle books to get me through the rest of the week.

Good luck to the rest of the East Coast RFMers and please stay safe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 10:30AM

"Nearly 100 dogs in Nassau were going into Hurricane Dorian homeless, so one dog lover took them all in herself.

Chella Phillips is sheltering 97 dogs inside her home in the Bahamian capital during Dorian's slow-moving stay in the islands. A whopping 79 of them share her master bedroom, she said in a Facebook post.
She kept AC blowing and music playing. Sick or anxious pups waited out the hurricane in donated crates. The doors and windows were barricaded. And not one of the 79 dogs attempted to jump into her bed, she said in the post.

"We may not get hit as hard as other islands and the saddest part is that after the hurricane leave the Bahamas, some islands will take a long time to recover," she wrote. "Each island has [an] abundance of homeless dogs, my heart is so broken for the ones without a place to hide a Cat 5 monster and only God can protect them now."

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: September 04, 2019 05:15PM

She sounds lovely.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.