Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SecretsSecrets ( )
Date: October 02, 2019 08:27PM

Well...I did it.
I spoke with the Bishop, I sent him and the church an email with my info asking for the removal of my name from church records.
I feel a little guilty. Like I broke up with someone I've been with for a long time...someone that I can't be with because they lied to me, and I can't be with someone who lies.
It's a surreal feeling to even speak my disbelief out loud.
I know I did the right thing...but part of me feels sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: October 02, 2019 08:45PM

You did. The sadness will pass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2019 08:46PM by Bruce A Holt.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 12:01AM

SecretsSecrets Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know I did the right thing...but part of me
> feels sad.
===============================
Well yah for sure. We wanted it to be true, but it's just not.

I think it's kind of like mourning the death of the "old me" -- we go through the stages of grief and loss, kind of like Kubler-Ross sussed out or something. But definitely gets better and better as the "new re-born me" takes strength.

Congrats by the way there, keep looking forward

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 05:15AM

I felt very sad too. I wanted the mormon church to be true - it’s all I’d known for nearly 12 years and I had believed in it 100%. However I also felt a sense of peace, and that was my consolation. The sadness passed quicker than I thought it would. I guess it’s a type of grief; I mean we are bound to mourn everything lost by leaving. However, there is so much more, and better things, outside of the mormon church.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 10:40AM

I was lucky enough that me and most of my family resigned at the same time. I asked my husband just now if he had felt any regret and he said no; in fact, he was very happy that I had finally come to my senses. You can't unread what you have read. You can't unlearn what you have learned. I had done a lot of research in the past couple of years, and worked in the historical department in the COB. It took me this long to put two and two together, and my family had figured it out way before I did. I'm not sad about it at all; I needed to completely cut ties with TSCC. Resigning is my way of saying "Hasta la Vista,Baby"!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 10:47AM

decided to resign. My nonmormon boyfriend who knew me at age 20 and we've been in a relationship since I was 47 and I'm 62 now. He sent me all the e-mails he could find that I had written stating I'd never resign for many different reasons.

I did it anyway. I never have had one regret. It has been one of the best things I've done for myself. My sadness happened long before I resigned, so I was prepared for it. I also resigned when the bishop at the time is a good friend. He stopped by with my letter telling me I was out and told me he wouldn't try to talk me out of it as he had seen some of what I had been through. He's been extremely supportive.

Posted by: Eric3 ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 05:29PM

I don't know anyone who's been through a divorce or ended a relationship who didn't feel sad.

Including some who had very good reasons to do so.

It doesn't mean they should have stayed together.

It hurts, even when you know it's the right thing to do.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 02:48AM

I was reading a transcript from a podcast interview with a general authority the other day. This GA was trying to explain away all the lies, illogical teachings, and misdeeds of Joseph Smith. As I was reading his statements I realized that he was giving a primer on how to self delude. It is so exasperating to have church members tell you there are good reasons for all the lies, criminal acts, double talk, etc. in Mormonism and its history. Then they go on to say they cannot give you any good reasons. You should just take it in stride and tell yourself there are reasons that will be explained in the afterlife. Yeah, right. It all just comes down to them wanting Mormonism to be true when it blatantly is not true. They want you to simply delude yourself into believing it all even though they cannot give any rational or logical reason for what is being preached and practiced.

This is why it is so hard for me to be around Mormons as an ex-Mo. I just want to shake them and say, "Wake up !!! Your mind has been hijacked."

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 03:17PM

Pooped, I just finished reading everything online. I can't find what you read. Please share the keywords to search...or the actual link. Thanks!

Posted by: SecretsSecrets ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 01:43PM

Thank you all for being so kind and understanding!

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 07:37AM

Congrats. When I resigned post 40 years of being in the mind-numbing cult, I immediately noticed that I suddently loved my Sundays, i.e. a summer stroll, fishing, working out, matinee, time with family, NFL football, etc. I also noticed my bank account had suddently been given a 10 percent raise. It was awesome to leave the cult...never look back. You did the right thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.