Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lafayette ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 04:18PM

Hello board.

Anyone got any experience from eating ritalin? Forgot to eat?

I have not eaten lunch for about three weeks. Only breakfast and dinner.

Weightloss: From 288 pounds to 260 pounds in a month. Doing great until the last two weeks when everything started to go down.

Got more and more tired the past two weeks. No mental endurance.

Studying at a university 100% and made a fool of myself talking about irrelevant stuff during a seminar. As a aspie my theory of mind sucks and the whole class did not know what to say hearing me.

Came to the conclusion that I forgot to eat.

Any advice how I can get back on track without gaining weight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 04, 2019 04:22PM

Also been drinking coffee and diet coke like crazy. My body craves caffeine. I just need to hit it all the time.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 05:03PM

Just take the sensible advice you would give someone else.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 06:53PM

Lots of overweight women in my old ward used to give out diet advice all the time. The liquid protein diet killed people, un-balanced diets caused vitamin deficiencies and excess appetite, Phen-fen was banned by the FDA, because it harmed the body. Those Mormon RS women would lose a few pounds, then gain back twice as much. One became so extremely obese, that she became bed-ridden. One got diabetes. The old Nutrisystem diet caused several women to have gallbladder surgery.

Take advice only from your doctor!

My doctor's advice is to eat REAL food--a small meal--when you are hungry. Not the idiotic "food pyramid" that used to be recommended, but the old "5 food groups" balanced eating.

Vegetables, fruit, eggs, chicken and fish, milk, starches--these are all FOOD!

Cut out sugar, and junk food. Blood sugar swings from high to low, all day long cause excessive, urgent, shaky cravings, which are mistaken for hunger. (Real hunger is not urgent) Sugar makes you crave caffeine, and visa-versa. As you probably know, Sugar and caffeine can worsen the symptoms like anxiety, depression, Asperger's.

Don't be mean to yourself. Have one treat once in a while, for a special occasion like your birthday, Halloween, Christmas, etc. That way, you won't feel "deprived."

I eat very healthy, and have been normal-to-thin all my life. Eating good, whole, real food, I often have to remember to eat enough, because I'm almost never hungry. Eating "enough" is as important as not eating too much.

Never skip a meal--especially breakfast or lunch. I promise you that a lunch of an apple, a glass of milk, and a piece of meat will not make you as fat as snacking on soda all afternoon, and you will feel much better, for several hours.

From my doctor--how to give up sugar/caffeine:

Cut caffeine in half for 4 days. You will feel more relaxed.
Cut that in half for 4 more days.
Cut in in half, again for 4 more days.
Continue, until all caffeine or sugar is gone.

Cut out the sugar first, because that's most important.
Stabilize for a couple of weeks, then cut out caffeine.

Bonus--you will sleep better, and be less nervous.

You can do this ((((hugs))))

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 02:01PM

A friend from college died from Phen-fen at a relatively young age.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 07:33PM

eat small meals 3-4 times a day. Don't eat till you want to explode. Just one little patty on the hamburger, child size, no triple whopper cheeseburgers! No extra large fries. And cut out the soda. Stick to natural things like apples. Stuff that doesn't rot the teeth.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 08:11PM

Some good advice here

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 04, 2019 09:52PM

Try foods with a low glycemic index like apples or cucumbers. You eat them, you don’t get hungry for a long time. So you don’t get hungry for junk. The fiber is good for you too.

Posted by: Riddler ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 05:06AM

Take up meditation and therapy, and lean less on drugs. Also stop calling yourself an "Aspie". You are someone who has Aspergers not an Aspergers person. Stop letting it define you.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 10:39AM

Just an opinion, but it sounds like you are ingesting far too much caffeine on top of your Ritalin. My first step would be to cut back on the caffeine, especially the soda. I would also try to eat something healthy for lunch (even if it's just a small meal) to keep up your energy during the daytime. You might also consider carrying some healthy snacks around with you for mid-morning and late afternoon. A snack doesn't have to be huge -- it can be a graham cracker, a small yoghurt, or a small handful of nuts.

Date: October 05, 2019 02:17PM

Hello everybody! Thank you for your feedback. No I am not clueless anymore. I will be more strict and not skip any meals.

Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 06:03AM

Asperger Syndrome is a permanent condition. It is not like anxiety or depression, which might be helped with medicine.

If Asperger Syndrome makes you anxious or depressed, you might take pills for the anxiety or depression, but you don't need to take it just for the Asperger's.

Try to internalize the fact that Asperger's by itself does not need medicine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.