Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 10:08PM

I know I ought to be surprised but at this point I don't really care, just so it's not here where I live, lol!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dennis Moore nli ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 10:10PM

Oh sweet hesus. What a waste of time and money. Everyday when I drive past the Redlands Temple I yell, "you're wasting your time." Of course no one hears it, but at least I express my feelings. :)

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 10:11PM

That's not the big news. The big news is that they used the women's conf to announce. That in itself means something to the faithful lds sisters.

I still find them distasteful.

Posted by: Sharapata ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 10:20PM

True, this is the first time that has happened, but not all temples have been announced in even a Conference setting. Many of the Hinckley era McTemples were announced by press release at seemingly random times of the year.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 11:28PM

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 11:29PM

Will the Bentonville temple be known as the Walmart temple?

Posted by: W8sted2years ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 11:49PM

[|] Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will the Bentonville temple be known as the
> Walmart temple?

Their new slogan could be.. We have greeters too"
'Save Money Live Better - dont go in here."

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 02:03AM

Bwa-Ha-Ha-Ha-ha-ha!

Securing more tax-free land for LDS, Inc.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 01:17AM

More temples to serve a growing church? Sorry. The church isn't growing. Not enough temples in Utah? I guess that's where a lot of the tithing money comes from.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 02:17AM

Will there ever come a time when the church stops building temples in Utah?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 04:11AM

It’s getting nuts with temples.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 08:59AM

Remember back when they had a chapel on every corner and then they started putting in stake centers. Logan is so full of them, it is ridiculous. Over by the hospital (below the University) they have 4 in a very small area next to each other for 3 of them.

Why doesn't Cache Valley have another temple? We don't have one in Hyrum yet. MAYBE that means we don't have as many tithe payers in Cache Valley!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2019 09:00AM by cl2.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 12:03PM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember back when they had a chapel on every
> corner and then they started putting in stake
> centers. Logan is so full of them, it is
> ridiculous. Over by the hospital (below the
> University) they have 4 in a very small area next
> to each other for 3 of them.
>
> Why doesn't Cache Valley have another temple? We
> don't have one in Hyrum yet. MAYBE that means we
> don't have as many tithe payers in Cache Valley!!!

you're right, either Hyrum or North Logan deserve a temple, how about both?! That's probably what's coming next and my TBM parents would be THRILLED. How about a temple in Sardine canyon too! ;)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 10:38AM

They could put one right at the mouth of Blacksmith Fork Canyon (to beautify the area) next to the unattractive businesses and the Hyrum City power station. What a place to put these buildings they have there at the foot of these mountains.

They are building A LOT of townhouses and condos, let alone single family homes up there and some of the newest townhomes/condos are facing these businesses. I was walking my dogs by these yesterday and thinking "How are they going to sell these?" Well, if they tear down the businesses and build a temple!! Mormons will be fighting over being able to purchase them. Or there will be a new stake center as they are going to need one.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 04:02PM

Crank up the worthiness interviews.

I was 14 when the Bountiful temple was dedicated. Because of volunteering for the open house, the dedication, and early temple trips, it felt like I was always being interviewed. It was hell.

Posted by: Jotta ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 07:16AM

So non-American LDS are funding American Mormonism. Most members do not live in the USA anymore, and most US members do not live on the Wasatch Front.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 12:24AM

The Holy Board of Directors have decided to stash the cash in real estate. Tax free real estate is their preference.

Oh, how I wish that the federal tax free designation on church's would require a usefulness clause to disallow that designation.

But they're no dummies. We'd probably hear a revelation that temples were now going to be used as soup kitchens, day care, food distribution centers, etc. Otherwise they are absolutely useless.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 12:58AM

As many temples as filling stations, but fewer than restaurants. No word on how many supermarkets compared to temples, but stay tuned...

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 02:21PM

All of the larger McDonald's franchises (the ones that have "Play Places" for children) will include a Mormon temple next to the Play Place.

As part of the promotions, Happy Meals will soon be launched with a set of temple action figures, including cute characters doing each of the different handshakes. They're going to be collectors' items for sure. I'm really looking forward to the series of cute characters with removable aprons and floppy hats. If you buy 25 Happy Meals, you can get a free "Celestial Room" dollhouse.

Nelson is absolutely right. It's time to strap in and take your vitamins because there's a whole lot of amazement headed our way!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 02:52PM

temples in Rexburg, Hawaii, Provo:

I can imagine some people put the pressure on their dates:

"Let's do a temple session together to learn if/when we should be married" (and have 'legal' sex).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.