Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 05:37AM

That the walking dead can move their lips.

I’m sure I could outrun them in person.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 09:08AM

will make it until the next super dooper special GC next spring? How about Oaks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 09:08AM by cl2.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 10:25PM

cl2, I'll take that bet. lets put up one of the golden oxen under the big tub in the basement. If Rusty croaks before next GC, you win it. If Rusty doesn't croak, then I win it. Either way, one of us will get a new lawn ornament.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 02:41AM

I want to see Rusty volunteer for Habitat fo Humanity and help build a house like Jimmy Carter. They both are the same age.

I’ve never seen any general authority do any charitable service. They all travel with security and make people feel like they aren’t measuring up from their talks.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 09:16AM

Whee, Whee, Rusty left the members with a cliffhanger about what to expect next April.
Any guesses which of the nine versions of the "First Vision" that they'll celebrate?

Posted by: normdeplume ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 07:54PM

Shinehah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whee, Whee, Rusty left the members with a
> cliffhanger about what to expect next April.
> Any guesses which of the nine versions of the
> "First Vision" that they'll celebrate?

And why not continue the celebration next April with versions of the club-swinging-toad story about JoJun getting laid on the bean by a damned amphibian while attempting to drag forth the Holy Golden Plates prematurely.

Have the Priesthood condemn all guardian toads on Saturday night.

Such twists in the tale could have thwarted the glorious hoax of "Restoration."

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 02:37PM

"...greets his wife Sister..." second photo:
https://www.deseret.com/2019/10/6/20897694/general-conference-sunday-afternoon-mormon-lds-temple-recommend-bicentennial

General Conference proves Mormons are really into sisters and wives or is that wives and sisters?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 05:50PM

married to my great grandfather. Is this what you mean?

Boy reading some of that, it sounds like Rusty is really planning for the next conference to be the end.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 06:10PM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> married to my great grandfather. Is this what you
> mean?

Yeah, Sheri and Wendy are sisters...and wives?

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 03:54PM

Nelson called the temple the crowning jewel of the restoration...well of course he did....it is the profit center of the church. How else would the members be coerced into donating 10+% of their income to the cult?

Date: October 09, 2019 02:46AM

Pretty much. They get more from temple recommends than they would from passing a plate in sacrament meeting.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 08:57PM

Guy I know on facebook was gushing about how wonderful GC was....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 09:12PM

How about the story (Monson's?) of the milk/cream stripping?

No Conference could be complete with that Marvelous, Wonderful story, ya know...

https://bycommonconsent.com/2009/07/01/the-milk-strippings-story-thomas-b-marsh-and-brigham-young/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 09:14PM by GNPE.

Date: October 08, 2019 03:32AM

Nelson is kind of like PT Barnum. You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until the next conference rolls around.

Nelson knows the members like the prophet to make so called inspired changes. That's what he's done. Shorten church an hour. Cut out some redundancy and rename stuff.

Not much real change but the members think it's real change.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 04:03AM

You read it here first:

It will be the first ever combined Conference-and-funeral. Who will it be for? TBA....

The cult will bring 1,000 Africans (they're the most noticeable third world minority), and seat them on the front rows, with the cameras on them. Some of them will sing with the MoTab choir--nothing interesting or native African, mind you--just the same old Mormon dirges.

They will announce the end of the missionary program as they know it. Instead, they will be called "Disciples of Christ", and will teach and do people's yard work. Most of the missionary selling and door-knocking and harassing of the "less active" members will be the responsibility of the members.

There will be no more Mormons, and no more church members. They will be called "Saints unto Christ."

Nelson is right--one's imagination/inspiration runs wild in the middle of the night. I'm using a lighted computer.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 10:14AM

I wonder how many attendees heeded Nelson's advice to overdose on their vitamins and strap themselves in their conference seats? It sounded like they needed to do that to stay awake.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 09:18PM

Big doin's are a-comin'. Rusty done said so.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 01:12AM

OK. Russell can be amusing, but he does not come close to being as bombastic as Gordon BS HinckLIEy.

Date: October 09, 2019 02:52AM

Ha! When Hickley would get put on the spot he would play dumb and go “I don’t know.” He knew coming off as a nice old man made up for a lot of BS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.