Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 07:21PM

While trying to go to a ward's website I found myself being automatically directed to the official church website. I couldn't get onto the local website. Is this the usual process now?

As long as I was on the church's site I read a bit about the AMAZING new changes that would come about due to two simple fixes. I would have pasted the statement here but the LDS website won't let me copy just one paragraph. I can only copy the whole article.

Anyway, the amazing turn around in the church will happen for the following two reasons. 1) The church is ditching the name Mormon and using only Christ's name. 2) The members will now be changing their behaviors and acting more in accord with this new name change.

So, to put this in simple terms. LDS, Inc. is going to have a marvelous revival and revitalization due to the tried and true Mormon leadership tricks of using semantics to make things look like they have changed (Jesus is now our God and Mormon is just a minor character in a book) when actually the doctrine is pretty much the same. And the membership is getting blamed for not being Christ centered in the past but if they get on board and center their lives in Christ,and use his name correctly, God will shower down blessings and grow the church.

Sheesh! What a crock! How can anyone stand being Mormon under Rusty's reign?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 07:28PM

My TBM friend told me the Mormon church is much kinder than it used to be. There were so many things I wanted to say but didn't feel like having an argument.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 07:53PM

I can just see Dallen Oakes saying something like "No really, we've changed now. We're not willing to recognize the things we've done wrong in the past. Nor will we apologize for anything. But believe me, we've changed. You can trust us now".

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 08:02PM

Turn around a pile of crap and what do you have???? The same

crap in a different direction.

Posted by: logged off again ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 08:45PM

The members are going to act more like Christ? If you think about it, that's kind of terrifying. Mormon Christ is one mean SOB.

Maybe the plan is to follow Book of M-word Christ. You know, the one who destroyed the major cities of Zarahemla, Moroni, Moronihah, Gilgal, Onihah, Mocum, Jerusalem (not the one where he was crucified, the one whose inhabitants had nothing to do with it), Gadiandi, Gadiomnah, Jacob, Gimgimno, Jacobugath, Laman, Josh, Gad, (two cities, not the actor), and Kishkumen.

Or maybe they intend to emulate Second Coming Christ who will burn everyone whose tithing isn't paid up. Bishop, from the stand: "Today, we will begin implementing our new Come Follow Me Exactly program. Each week, we will by inspiration select a ward member who is in tithing arrears, remove them to the parking lot, and set them on fire, just as Christ will surely do one day. Sister Hardluck, will you please accompany us outside."

Posted by: nolongerangry ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 09:16PM

They will never change. Does anyone else think Rusty looks like a villain from an action/superhero movie? He looks evil!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 09:23PM

President Nelson taught: “The day is gone when you can be a quiet and comfortable Christian. Your religion is not just about showing up for church on Sunday. It is about showing up as a true disciple from Sunday morning through Saturday night. … There is no such thing as a ‘part-time’ disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Added: Did this apply to former churchco board of directors [apostles] such as Elders Perry and Ashton whom told CES personnel not to bother them with shop talk while playing a round of golf after a CES conference?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2019 09:27PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 11:22PM

That sounds suspiciously like "Every member a missionary" rewarded. And, of course, these pronouncements are only aimed at the members, never the top leaders or well heeled members who rub elbows (and loan out their jet planes) with the top dogs.

Whoever said that God was no respecter of persons never met the Q15.

Posted by: anonandanon ( )
Date: October 13, 2019 11:33PM

So, on top of endless time sapping meetings, toilet duty, lecturing your kids at home, church grass mowing, ministering. preparing and teaching lessons, doing the new replacement for scouting (whatever it's called) etc., members are on call for MORE duty because they have been slacking all this time? I predict a stampede to the exits.

Posted by: Ananemouse ( )
Date: October 14, 2019 08:08AM

"While trying to go to a ward's website I found myself being automatically directed to the official church website. I couldn't get onto the local website. Is this the usual process now?"

Yes and that has been the case for years. There are some national and regional features, but you have a better chance of finding local material on Facebook.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.