Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Perduro ( )
Date: October 18, 2019 02:02PM

Feel free to add your own!

1a: God's commands are unalterable:
"Now, the decrees of God are unalterable; therefore, the way is prepared that whosoever will may walk therein and be saved." (Alma 41:8)

1b: God's commands are alterable:
"Wherefore I, the Lord, command and revoke, as it seemeth me good … Wherefore, I revoke the commandment which was given unto my servants Thomas B. Marsh and Ezra Thayre, and give a new commandment unto my servant Thomas" (D&C 56:4-5)

2a: Adam lived in the Old World:
"And the name of the second river was called Gihon; the same that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. And the name of the third river was Hiddekel; that which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river was the Euphrates." (Moses 3:13-14)

2b. Adam lived in the New World:
"SPRING Hill is named by the Lord Adam-ondi-Ahman, because, said he, it is the place where Adam shall come to visit his people, or the Ancient of Days shall sit, as spoken of by Daniel the prophet." (D&C 116:1)

3a. God doesn't change:
"God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity" (Moroni 8:18)

3b. God does change:
"I formed the following couplet which expresses the revelation, as it was shown me … As man now is, God once was: As God now is, man may be.” (Fifth LDS President Lorenzo Snow)

4a. One God exists:
"Now Zeezrom said: "Is there more than one God?" And he answered, "No." Now Zeezrom said unto him again: "How knowest thou these things?" And he said: "An angel hath made them known unto me." (Alma 11:27-31)

4b. Multiple gods exist:
"AND then the Lord said: Let us go down. And they went down at the beginning, and they, that is the Gods, organized and formed the heavens and the earth." (Book of Abraham 4:1)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: USN77 ( )
Date: October 18, 2019 02:33PM

1 Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

D&C 124:49 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that when I give a commandment to any of the sons of men to do a work unto my name, and those sons of men go with all their might and with all they have to perform that work, and cease not their diligence, and their enemies come upon them and hinder them from performing that work, behold, it behooveth me to require that work no more at the hands of those sons of men, but to accept of their offerings.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: October 18, 2019 10:14PM

For more contradictions, see:

http://packham.n4m.org/contra.htm
"Mormon contradictions"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.