Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 20, 2019 01:45PM

I used to be able to tune into 'Music & the Spoken Word' on KIRO/7 each sunday morning when ChurchCo/Bonneville owned it, now it's not on their list (?).

How much more to include BYU -TV on the cable lineup?
I'll probably never know :(

O Wait, maybe it's on the Canadian channel, Victoria B.C. is just across the water, within antenna range!!!

sigh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: October 20, 2019 01:52PM

Forget Victoria B.C. Watch Victoria's Secret videos. It will help immensely.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 20, 2019 02:22PM

I use to listen to M&SW every Sunday, last time was about 6 weeks ago. It was on 710 AM & 97.3 FM one at 6:00 and the other at 6:30.

I use to walk the dog by myself but a neighbor and I have been walking together for the last 2 years. Figured it was a little rude to listen to the radio while in someone's company.

I'll check next week and see what I can find.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 20, 2019 07:49PM

tumwater, you brought up one of my worst pet peeves about personal safety: "Situational Awareness."

Whenever my DH sees someone walking, alone, with earbuds in their ears, not a care in the world, he worries about their safety. His reasoning is that it would be all to easy for a predator to sneak up on and attack someone who isn't paying attention to their surroundings.

When I drive my car, I always have a CD playing, because whenever I've had a car of my own, I've had my music. But you don't play music when DH is driving. You pay attention to your surroundings.

I've become a lot more aware since being with him, but then, an elderly female is an attractive target, and I am aware of that.

Date: October 20, 2019 09:44PM

I walk primarily in my neighborhood or about 100 house, one major loop and three cul-de-sacs off the loop. No side walks.

I always walk facing traffic. In the winter when it's dark, I wear a coat with reflective strips on it and use a flash light to alert cars I'm on the side of the road.

Only had a problem with one SOB, he'd cross over to the wrong side of the road and come up behind me and honk. He thought it was a joke. The second time he did it, I called the sheriff's office and files a complaint. They talked to him and he quit.

The neighbors have become use to me and all wave as they pass, I walk a 13 y.o. miniature Schnauzer, all the kids have gotten to know him and call him Mr. Whiskers.

Thanks for the concern, but with over 20 years in working forest fires SA is part of my every day living, even if it's just going down to the store for a carton of milk.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: October 20, 2019 11:19PM

That SOB would’ve gotten my flashlight inserted into his drivers’ side window...I would have later regretted it and wished I’d done what you did....but I’d have done it anyway.

Date: October 27, 2019 10:25AM

I did stop him once when he came very close, I hit his fender of his cherished sports car, I almost hauled him out of his car and wanted to knock his teeth out.

Rumor had it he had wreck on a motor cycle and had a leg amputated and he sued the doctors and hospitals and apparently collected.

He was one of those type that would try to start a fight just so he could sue you.

The problem was solved this summer, he died. Nobody has had a good word to say about him and some actually said they were happy to see him gone.

Date: October 27, 2019 10:27AM

I heard M&SW this morning on KIRO-AM 710 at 6:00 this morning.

I don't know if it was on KIRO-FM 97.3 at 6:30.

Both out of Seattle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2019 10:27AM by tumwater.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.