Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 04:05PM

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/11/former-idaho-falls-gynecologist-admits-to-using-own-sperm-to-father-patients-children/?fbclid=IwAR2zTnJEccoOMr-NmnFUTPAWPoOEwn3ccuelcK_DKfPJv0ukcd9NV1pEpeE

Former Idaho Falls doctor admits to using own sperm to inseminate multiple patients.

IDAHO FALLS — A retired Idaho Falls gynecologist sued last year for allegedly using his own sperm to inseminate a woman admitted to the wrongdoing in sworn testimony.

Dr. Gerald E. Mortimer, the accused physician, previously denied having any memory of using his sperm to inseminate the eggs of patients seeking fertility treatments. But now Mortimer has confessed not only to inseminating one patient in this way, but multiple, according to court documents recently discovered by EastIdahoNews.com.

Kelli Rowlette, a Washington resident and Mortimer’s biological child, filed the initial case in March of last year. Rowlette is the child he fathered with one of his patients, Sally Ashby. Ashby and Howard Fowler, who were married in 1980 when the incident took place, sought fertility treatments from Mortimer when they were unable to conceive a child. Fowler and a donor both provided sperm for Mortimer to use in the insemination process. However, Mortimer, without Ashby or Fowler’s knowledge or consent, used his own sperm instead.

When attorneys involved in the case initially deposed Mortimer, he denied having any knowledge of using his sperm to inseminate Ashby or any of his other patients. However, in December 2018, Mortimer changed his story, according to court documents.

Rowlette’s attorney, Shea Meehan, questioned Mortimer while he was under oath. Meehan asked if Mortimer previously lied about not being able to remember using his own sperm to inseminate Ashby, and Mortimer admitted to the fabrication.

“I was ashamed,” Mortimer said. “I regret the fact that I was a sperm donor; that I did those things in the past. I guess I feel bad about that. I wish I hadn’t done it.”

In his deposition, Mortimer admits to masturbating at his office and giving a nurse the semen samples that were to be used. Mortimer confessed to using his own sperm at least twice, but less than 10 times to inseminate patients. He said no one else in his office knew about the practice, and he doesn’t recall when he began or stopped using his own semen.

Rowlette and her family are seeking an undisclosed amount of more than $75,000 in damages.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 09:51PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stillangry ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 04:30PM

Um, gross.

Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 04:34PM

Several years ago another Mormon OB in Virginia fathered dozens of babies via insemination . He had a “ lazy eye” condition and every child he fathered had the same issue . I recall his wife was in full support of what he did .

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 05:13PM

I am failing to understand why this is a civil case rather than a criminal case.

This guy belongs in a prison cell, and the families devastated by his actions should share his estate.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 08:15PM

Because what he did was a '...wrongful act or an infringement of a right leading to civil legal liability', to wit, a tort. If a law had been enacted by a government with the authority to do so, and that law specifically laid out the elements of the doc's crime and prohibited that crime, then there would be a standard against which to charge and judge the jerk-off.

What he did was agree to do something and then failed to keep his end of the bargain, which the jurors, unless an out of court settlement occurs, will have to decide what amount is 'just' in terms of compensation.

I wonder if they asked for punitive damages, although he is hardly likely to need that punishment to keep him from doing it again.

Think of it as a landlord/tenant dispute. If you don't, as you promised to, pay your rent by the date agreed upon, you have NOT committed a crime and you are allowed to stay until your landlord gets a court's okay to use the power of the local police to evict you.

People living together in a society is an interesting endeavor, and should only be attempted by wise, informed, intelligent humans, right?

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 11:13AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because what he did was a '...wrongful act or an
> infringement of a right leading to civil legal
> liability', to wit, a tort. If a law had been
> enacted by a government with the authority to do
> so, and that law specifically laid out the
> elements of the doc's crime and prohibited that
> crime, then there would be a standard against
> which to charge and judge the jerk-off.
>
> What he did was agree to do something and then
> failed to keep his end of the bargain, which the
> jurors, unless an out of court settlement occurs,
> will have to decide what amount is 'just' in terms
> of compensation.
>
> I wonder if they asked for punitive damages,
> although he is hardly likely to need that
> punishment to keep him from doing it again.
>
> Think of it as a landlord/tenant dispute. If you
> don't, as you promised to, pay your rent by the
> date agreed upon, you have NOT committed a crime
> and you are allowed to stay until your landlord
> gets a court's okay to use the power of the local
> police to evict you.
>
> People living together in a society is an
> interesting endeavor, and should only be attempted
> by wise, informed, intelligent humans, right?

The charge should be rape. He put himself inside her without her permission.

Date: November 08, 2019 12:10PM

Gheco Wrote:
> The charge should be rape. He put himself inside
> her without her permission.

I had the same thought, but I doubt that charge would hold up in court. I don't know if there's a law in Idaho against switching up sperm donations, but it seems unlikely since marrying your 1st cousin is legal in ID.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 12:13PM

Gheco Wrote:
> He put himself inside
> her without her permission.

He put half of himself insider her without permission genetically speaking. And what about the children? Making this rape is just insult to injury.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 10:03AM

This reminds me about the joke where a prostitute goes to the store to do her grocery shopping. When they ring up her groceries the check-out person tells her how much the groceries will cost and she hands them a one-hundred dollar bill. The grocer says "I am sorry ma'am, but this bill is counterfeit. The woman replies "oh my god, I've been raped".

Date: November 10, 2019 12:43PM

azsteve Wrote:
> This reminds me about the joke where a prostitute
> goes to the store to do her grocery shopping. When
> they ring up her groceries the check-out person
> tells her how much the groceries will cost and she
> hands them a one-hundred dollar bill. The grocer
> says "I am sorry ma'am, but this bill is
> counterfeit. The woman replies "oh my god, I've
> been raped".

haha, rape jokes always kill at RfM!

Date: November 07, 2019 05:25PM

I blame his selfish genes.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 05:29PM

Date: November 07, 2019 05:53PM

Natural Selection is the enemy of God.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 05:51PM

How did he obtain his sperm and how did he pass the bishops worthiness interview after obtaining it?

Hmmmmmmm?

Date: November 07, 2019 09:50PM

He was a Temple President and a Mission President.
I wonder what other sicko things this pervert did in those roles.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/local/2018/04/04/ex-fertility-doctor-facing-suit-for-using-his-own-sperm-is-a-former-mormon-mission-and-temple-president/

Date: November 08, 2019 11:55AM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
> I wonder what other sicko things this pervert did
> in those roles.

Seriously? Isn't it enough what he did? What are you getting at? Marrying multiple wives just for sex in the sealing rooms after hours? Sexually abuse missionaries?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 11:57AM

I think he is saying the man, by dint of his authority, could have done many other abusive things. Think of all those interviews, those trusting women and girls...

Date: November 08, 2019 11:59AM

Point taken. And all the fawning older women in the temple I'm sure he could have taken advantage of...

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 07, 2019 10:26PM

“previously denied having any memory of using his sperm to inseminate the eggs of patients”

God said the same thing when questioned about Mary.

Date: November 08, 2019 11:53AM

Touché.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 04:37PM

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 04:58PM

Well he was shoveling around a lot of messygoop that's for sure. I thought masturbation was illegal in mormondumb...he got some 'splain'n to do.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 05:07PM

A temple president and mission president? He's covered by the second anointing and doesn't need to explain anything to anyone.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 05:22PM

The ego. "I'm a doctor, I'm a mojo modern Mormon, of course my jizz is superior, no one will ever find out."

Date: November 08, 2019 05:36PM

Multiple and replenish is a commandment. He had easier access to act on it.

Posted by: dumbmormons ( )
Date: November 08, 2019 07:35PM

First, he needs to be castrated.
Then a public hanging and sell tickets so people can watch the spectacle.
Make it big and loud and a major punishment. None of this pitty pat time in prison or jail where he will be a local hero for getting over on the stupid mormons.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 08:00AM

who have been in high positions, no less. I am sure some of you can come up with something to say about my statement about positions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 08:01AM by cl2.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: November 09, 2019 08:40AM

As many as the sands of the seashore...

IDK let's séance Horney Joseph's Myth at the Temple this weekend and ask him about his favorite border collie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.