Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 03:20PM

Like the government gives you a number. Did i have two slave numbers when i was born is what i want to know basically. Never took the time to investigate if the cult had given me a number attached to my from the get go. Like being born in a nazi camp with no free choice from the beginning. Just curious if anyone knows if we were given our own numbers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 04:17PM

They also sometimes give you a member number if the ward clerk or someone else turns in the data to SLC.

Date: November 11, 2019 05:05PM

I do believe i was blessed as a baby. Had my work cut out for me of ever trying to successfully leave the operation from day one.

Date: November 11, 2019 06:03PM

"I am no longer a member of your church. I resign as of today. I am a non-member and expect all mormons at every level of your organization to accept that fact.

Date: November 11, 2019 07:36PM

I have resigned but the mind is still healing for sure.

Date: November 11, 2019 10:09PM

It takes time and effort, but you're well along the way!

Date: November 12, 2019 12:05AM

I still have a ways to go no doubt about it though.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 04:12PM

The walls of your prison are all self-imposed. Mormons drag around the chains of their own making. If you see the world as something you need to guard yourself against, that’s the reality you manifest in the world. It’s toxic thinking.

The right way to think is to see all of life, even the parts you don’t like, as a blessing from God or whatever transcendent cosmic oneness you believe in.

Date: November 12, 2019 05:17PM

I can actually feel the prison block i drag around almost. I do feel i have some kind of connection to the universe though. Beyond this i don't acknowledge much else. The universe acknowledges me somehow though and it is very strange. I should have been dead a long time ago but the universe completely refused me so i am still on the planet after past failed suicides. Not sure i can die and trust me i have provoked many people along this journey to take me out but it never has happened. So i am still stuck here left to figure out who i really am. I know that i am different than the average human and i have run into other warriors that are somewhat like me roaming around this planet. One of them told me the earth cried out for help so we were sent here in response. The empaths. What i am supposed to do to help the earth out i have no idea because it is clear the earth does not need my help i do not think.

Date: November 12, 2019 05:54PM

I'm a freak of nature babylon i really am. Made of energy within this body. I moved a dangling necklace in circles the other day like some kind of mutant. I can repeat the demonstration without any trickery to any human that is curious. Always knew i was diferent than the whole but not like this.

Date: November 12, 2019 08:06PM

Tell me you have a connection with the universe and i am not alone in feeling this. Not someone that studies the universe but someone that feels the connection themselves. I would say i am crazy but i have come across others and i get evaluated every week by a professional just to make sure. Been evaluated a long time and i am just different anfd that is ok. I don't need to bury myself in meds just because i am different.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 04:27PM

'for sure' when / if you're given a name/blessing as an infant, that gets the ball rolling.

Date: November 11, 2019 05:07PM

I see i was never told this information while growing up in it. They really never told me anything about what was really going on. Its good to know these things that i was given a number from the get go.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 04:48PM

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 05:10PM

Date: November 12, 2019 12:09AM

This is not cool with me to be a target for anything anymore. Just want to live in peace far away from it all in the long run. Relocation does wonders. Relocating on the fly has done wonders for me. I don't like any of them knowing my location where i rest my head at night.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 06:56PM

and there wasn't a membership number on them. I guess I'm too old. ha ha ha I just put my name and maiden name, home address, etc., and they "let me go." Again, one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

Posted by: Aaron ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 07:30PM

Slave number?

Date: November 11, 2019 07:41PM

Correct. The number they give the baby that they do not want to think for itself or have true free choice throughout its entire life. If the child wanted to critically think for itself and ask real questions all hell breaks loose. Mental slave i guess you could argue of never ending servitude for a made up religion.

Date: November 12, 2019 04:24PM

Never mess with a guy’s fantasy life.

Unless we’re all slaves in a neo-feudal global plantation. The walls of the mind are so much cheaper and more effective than real walls.

Date: November 12, 2019 05:58PM

It is not fantasy. All of the babies received their own numbers. You probably have yours memorized by now. SSN. You can call it fantasy all you want everyone was matched with a number at birth in this country. Atleast my generation was numbered.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 08:06PM

Who do you think monetized microchip implants for lost pets?

Infants born with a full head of hair receive a small scalp tattoo containing trace amounts of uranium rather than visible ink. The uranium can be detected by small drones and the person's location triangulated within minutes.

Those born bald later get a special tracking filling once they have their adult molars.

*****NONE OF THIS IS TRUE! NONE OF IT! Don't go pulling out your teeth, shaving your head, or digging under your skin for a microchip. It's not there*****

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2019 08:07PM by Beth.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 11, 2019 11:24PM

F***. Now you tell me. ;)

Date: November 11, 2019 11:44PM

Date: November 12, 2019 12:12AM

You are still given your own number though. This much is true and we all know it.

Date: November 12, 2019 04:27PM

You didn’t know about aluminum foil?

Date: November 12, 2019 11:51PM

Posted by: Anon for just now ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 07:36AM

I wouldn't joke about it Beth, that is the way things are being made to go. I remember someone talking about having his son microchipped "to stop him going missing" nearly twenty years ago.

I told him off but the idea keeps coming up, and it will be a matter of time before cards and phone trackers are replaced by these.

When this happens, we'll effectively be cattle. We're most of the way there already.

Date: November 12, 2019 10:15AM

I have seen humans being treated like cattle right in front of my face the other day for a tv show and it was pretty disgusting to watch. Those people could have been led to a slaughter house outside and they would have gone. No joke, a lot of people will do anything for fame and fortune even give up their own free will.

Date: November 12, 2019 09:16PM

I'm not mocking you. It just came to mind. Super freaky and dystopian. Just how I like it!

Yah - here's the trailer https://youtu.be/yef_HfQoBd8

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 11:05PM

Yes, that was a disturbing and insightful show.

Date: November 11, 2019 08:14PM

You may find that some people on this website take issue with that statement. Roughly 10% of the US populace have ancestors who really were slaves.

If you find American citizenship or membership in the LDS church unduly burdensome, you can leave. That is why you are not a slave.

Date: November 12, 2019 12:15AM

I did leave. Still was a mental slave and there is no argument about it. Different day and age but still slavery none the less. Were you not born in it?

Date: November 12, 2019 12:43AM

Of course I was born and spent decades in the church. I nevertheless am not a slave and never was one. I realized I was in a cult, left, and continue to deal with the consequences--which is what people do who take responsibility for their own lives.

More importantly, I was never bought, sold or otherwise treated as a chattel. I will therefore not put myself in a category that has been inhabited by so many others who truly were slaves.

I'd ask you, with that in mind, what you think it is like for someone whose ancestors were slaves to see you use the word to describe your relatively minor problems as "slavery." People like that come to RfM fairly frequently, and they usually leave because of the insensitivity evinced by those lacking in perspective.

Date: November 12, 2019 01:35AM

I think slaves would be surprised of what it is like to be ruled under cult oppression. Slaves at least had an underground railroad to gather with others and find a means to escape to a very far location to rebuild their lives. There is no such physical community for cult escapees to gather and support each other. All we have is digital internet as support as far as those that got away. We don't actually have a physical community of like minded people to support each other in real life. We are all just spread out with no ex-cult community at all. No leaders at all in the ex-cult community that can help others heal and deprogram successfully. I take responsibility too even for the actions of others. Including mentally unstable parents. So here we are both on a path to who knows where. Maybe a better life eventually but we don't know that for sure.

Date: November 12, 2019 02:54AM

You are way out of your depth here.

You think slaves didn't know what it was like to live under "cult oppression?" Does that mean you think they brought Christianity with them from Africa? That they were free to abjure the Gospel and could continue with their native religions? The truth is that Christianity as taught and practiced in the American south, and as applied to slaves, was a cult used to justify and legitimize racial oppression. Read what Twain wrote in Huckleberry Finn, where Tom Sawyer realizes that rejecting slavery required rejecting Christianity. That is the definition of a "cult."

There is nothing in Mormonism that approaches chattel slavery in its horror. Mormons do not have their children sold away from them; they are not routinely beaten and raped--you realize, I perhaps too optimistically assume, that 95% of American blacks are partly white because of slave owners taking liberties with black women?--and they are not routinely killed for running away. There is nothing in LDS history that comes close to the systemic evil perpetrated against millions of people that existed in slavery.

That you find it lonely being an ex-Mormon is indeed unfortunate and understandably so. But you need to get some perspective on this. The burdens you and I and we bear are NOTHING compared to what happened to slaves. Part of "recovery" is learning, over time, to put one's own suffering in the proper framework. Honesty requires no less.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2019 02:57AM by Lot's Wife.

Date: November 12, 2019 10:26AM

Ok i may be out my depth on this. I did not live back then so i'd imagine it would have been a complete otroscicity. I was not taught correct history as you know. Not even in public school. So yes i am still learning. All i know is what happened to me in particular and how i struggle everyday now because of it. I literally have felt like a human fighting for its right to use its brain and think for itself without feeling like i am doing something illegal. My indoctrination phobia was so strong for the first two years i received proper counseling i thought the mormon god was going to strike me down with lightning and my father was going to hunt me down and beat the shit out of me for resigning. I did not even live under the same roof as him either. Still thought i was going to be hunted down and get the shit beat out of.

Date: November 12, 2019 11:34AM

Warrior, I sympathize with everything you say EXCEPT the comparison with slavery. There are elements of the cult experience that render people subservient in important ways, but you and I woke up and left and are in the long-term process of dismantling the mind control.

But we were able to "wake up and leave." Slaves are not. That is a profound difference.

Date: November 12, 2019 06:00PM

Ok i yield. You are correct. It may have been a stretch in comparing to the slaves of the past.

Date: November 12, 2019 06:24PM

"Slavery" is a word, like "Holocaust," that represents literal horrors for the people who were directly or familiarly touched by it. When others describe a bad day at work as a Holocaust or characterize an SNN as slavery, they trivialize things that should neither be forgotten nor minimized.

I know what you mean about cults and numbers but would feel more comfortable if we treated those as what they actually are rather than employing hyperbole that offends those who have suffered more than us. What we experienced was bad enough. Describing our lives accurately is more than sufficient to convey how destructive Mormonism was and, for many, still is. I believe that part of "recovery" is learning perspective: that which traumatized me was terrible but in broad human terms my life has been pretty damn good.

Date: November 14, 2019 09:14PM

Ok you are right. I need to learn correct perspective.

Date: November 12, 2019 04:42PM

The late Dick Gregory was a good reference on the origins of terms like “motherf**ker” and “honky”, well worth the view on YouTube if you don’t mind some conspiracy theory thrown in. You can’t blame a guy for not getting over the black experience. Or for not getting over Mormonism for that matter.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 10:34AM

Yes, your cult number was 71783, I thought that's where your moniker came from? JK'ing you bro. No don't the cult mind F's us, and so until a person breaks away from that indoctrinated hold - I sure feel like I was a slave to that stupid cult, wasted a lot of money (that my family could have used), spent a massive amount of time (away from my family), emotionally tortured myself with guilt, and then the mental suppression from critical thinking was the worst. Good points there Warrior.

Date: November 12, 2019 06:06PM

I want to use the full spectrum of my brain but i still can't for some reason. The lockdown shutdown feel is always there because the lockdown was so constant in that operation. My brain was locked down but i was forced to be indoctrinated against my will none the less. My brain is still a little whacky and i know my social behavior is not like that of the average human still but screw it. Nothing i can do about it but keep going forward. I feel like i am looking for a cure of what i went through but i can never seem to find it because it really does not exist.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.