Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 02:22PM

Of the lucky seven Boomers to have reached the nadir of being Mormon Bednar rules as a senior apostle and the other 6 form the junior apostle cohort of their quorum.

"Baby boomer is a term used to describe a person who was born between 1946 and 1964..."
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/baby_boomer.asp

http://threestory.com/apostles/

And what a quorum it is! Did you know that their power and priesthoods give them super powers?

"[00:17:04] Let's go behind the curtain for just a few more minutes. What I'm about to describe, I think, only 15 of us can describe. I invite you to listen more than try to copy down notes and stuff. Now, I want you to try to imagine the day we have today from 8:00 until 9:30 we were in a sacrament meeting just like this and we were preaching the gospel. From 10:30 to noon we were in another one like this and we were preaching the gospel and now we are here with you and we're doing it again. This is what I do all day, everyday. It kind of cracks me up, people, they say, "Do you just sit in your office in Salt Lake and study the scriptures and write a General Conference talk and that's all you do?" We have council and committee assignments. If you were to be our buddy at work for a day, follow us around, you would drop dead by 1:00. And if you tried to follow President Nelson, it would probably be at 9:30 in the morning. President Nelson at 93 comes back China. Have you ever had jet lag? Try it when you're 93. He gets in on a plane at 10:00 at night and he's the first one in the Quorum of the Twelve meeting the next morning at 8:30 as bright as can be and he doesn't get dozy 1:30 in the afternoon. He's 93. Two weeks later he goes to China. He was in Russia. Okay, you go around the world one way and that knocks you body clock off in a particular way. Two weeks later he goes around the world the other way, that really messes you. He was in China and you'd never know it.

[00:19:04] "For whosoever is faithful unto the obtaining and honoring of these two priesthoods are renewed by the Holy Ghost." You see that taking place in these incredible men. "
https://mormoneye.blogspot.com/2018/02/transcript-of-elder-bednars-talk-in.html

Ok Bednar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2019 02:22PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 02:55PM

I reckon that when your body clock is all fowled up it increases your susceptibility to messages for the lighted pen!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 03:45PM

I guess physical deterioration has a spiritually focusing affect?

And BTW I do think there may be a superhuman ability in sitting through Mormon meetings.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.