Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 23, 2019 07:06PM

https://aftertherapturepetcare.com/

Dear Fellow Christian:

As the Apostle Paul describes in Thessalonians as quoted above, at some point in the future Jesus will come in the air, catch up the Church from the earth, and then return to heaven with the Church. This is known as the Rapture and it will be glorious. But what of our pets? Who will take care of our pets when we’re gone?

I’d like to help answer that question. First, let me tell you a story.

The After The Rapture Pet Care Story

The idea came from seeing someone else’s joke. An atheist created a site in England that said she’d take care of Christian-owned pets after the Rapture, and asked for 70 pounds as a “donation.” She promoted it as a joke, and it virally made the rounds amongs non-believers who enjoy making fun of Christians. My husband saw it (he’s an Internet geek) and told me about it. Admittedly, it seemed funny. I told my friend, Carol, who is not a Christian, and she brought up a question: “Hey, if you get raptured, what happens to Petey?” It was an excellent question, and I didn’t have an answer.

A couple weeks later Carol came back and suggested we start After The Rapture Pet Care together. She said she had asked several Christian friends the same question she’d asked me, and every one of them would pay for a service to ensure the care of their pets after the Rapture. I had also asked some fellow Christians their thoughts. In every case they wished there was a way to prepare for their pets’ survival.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: November 23, 2019 07:52PM

I love this last paragraph:

"It’s true God loves all animals, but there is nothing Biblical about pets being raptured or dying at the Rapture. There is plenty in the Bible about God putting animals in our care, though. You have a responsibility, as a good steward of your pets, to ensure your pet is taken care of if something happens to you, such as death or rapture. That is how God loves your pets – by putting them into your care and expecting you to take care of them. Expecting God to deal with your responsibility at death or the Rapture is no different than waiting for God to feed your pets. And registering your pets is only $10, so why not do it, just in case?"

What a scam...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 23, 2019 07:52PM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 23, 2019 08:23PM

I know what the denominational intent is getting at (and I have never in my life--not even for a microsecond--found any wisdom in the "rapture" theory), but when I read something along these lines, my instantaneous reflex response is:

WE are animals!

And any after-death theory of "animals" would necessarily include US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2019 08:24PM by Tevai.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 24, 2019 05:13PM

Aren't they all going to be surprised when one day all the pets are gone and they are still here. Luckily my cat is bad enough that she'll still be here with me. But I know a lot of dogs who deserve to be raptured and go to heaven.

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: November 24, 2019 08:21PM

This appears to be a form of Pascal's Wager.

Posted by: elove ( )
Date: November 25, 2019 06:12AM

OK, I am new here and still have a lot to learn about Mormonism. They don’t believe in the Rapture, do they? Sounds odd they would believe Jesus is coming back if all of their dead ancestors already have their own planets...

Posted by: Bross ( )
Date: November 25, 2019 09:52AM

elove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, I am new here and still have a lot to learn
> about Mormonism. They don’t believe in the
> Rapture, do they?

No, they don't. Contemporary LDS end times doctrine is cuddly. They don't seem to buy into the Antichrist, let alone One World Government and everybody being forced to be microchipped after an economic collapse (the last two seem to become likelier by the day.) Instead it seems to be more like bad weather and then Jesus arrives.

Posted by: Bross ( )
Date: November 25, 2019 09:50AM

Whichever way you look at this, it is a swindle.

Firstly, the atheist does not believe the Rapture will happen making her a huckster.

Secondly, if the Rapture does occur, then she will not be able to look after these animals. The consequent breakdown of society will make it difficult to track them down.

Thirdly, the Rapture doctrine does not seem to be scriptural. Sure, the Bible says believers will be caught up in the air, but it also says that they will go through the Tribulation IMHO. American prosperity gospel types think Christianity is easy - no suffering, no martyrdom etc while a cursory look at early Christian texts suggests otherwise.

Also most Christians do not buy into the Rapture doctrine.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 25, 2019 12:31PM

I heard about that a while back and it gave me an idea to cash in on the rapture too.

If you're a jack-believer, and think you might not be worthy of the rapture and might be left behind, you need some pest insurance.....for a nominal fee, as an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church, I will come to your property and preach a sermon powerful enough to convert all the moles, gophers, mice and other pests. I will then bless them that may be taken up in the rapture. Then when the rapture occurs and you don't make it, at least you won't have anymore pests do deal with.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.