Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 07:50PM

...in your opinion taken the "cake" with the biggest public/private/reavealed blunder of the past year???

Enquiring minds wanna know!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 09:31PM

It seems obvious to me.
Turning an apostles pet peeve into a prophetic revelation - that uttering the word "Mormon" is a victory for Satan. I believe the glorious leader, even Russell M. Nelson "takes the cake"!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 04, 2019 02:17AM

Another blunder in the running, in my opinion, is that of Elder Ballard declaring at a youth fireside (yeah, he put himself in the fire with this one) that the Mormon Church has never lied. Elder Oaks is sitting by his side for this one.

Ballard has reached the ripe old age of 80-something-or-other and this is what he says about Mormonism? I'd like to think that he showed many of the listening youth the way to the door with this lie with them laughing at the irony as they left. The youth are no dummies.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: December 04, 2019 02:43AM

I'm sure what Ballard meant to say is that although the leaders of the Mormon church have often lacked candor and have engaged in unsophisticated sophistry virtually nonstop since the founding of the church, they haven't lied about anything that is essential to one's salvation and that's because nobody knows exactly what is essential to one's salvation or, more precisely, although some essentials are known or perhaps are known, not all essentials are known and there are unknown unknowns that, if known, could potentially alter our understanding of the known knowns and known unknowns, such that anything that may appear to be a lie superficially, may subsequently prove to be nothing more than a lack of candor.

This is the type of ringing endorsement of the Church that Ballard intended to deliver, but he wanted to be as concise as possible.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 04, 2019 02:50AM

Hahaha

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.