Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Still do not know today ( )
Date: December 24, 2019 04:15PM

It is christmas. Goaded, snubbed, stonewalled, ignored. All for emotional effect. I gave no energy back. Did not take the bait. Was close to doing it yesterday. They are desperate for control.

Yesterday people could probably see fumes coming out of my ears.

It is said that scapegoating happens because of bad things are going on.

I try to identify the "bad things". Can not find them. We are all adults and I do not participate in the emotional abuse inside their families. But it seems to me that they off-load on me if they can.

It is still a mystery today that smart and life-experienced adults can be this childish. I can not identify what the "bad things" are that is happening all the time.

I can see them in their car seats on their way to the christmas celebrations, one at the driver seat and the other at the passenger seat throwing their emotions like a hot coal or hot potato between each other. They keep it in the air until they get to the place where they can off-load. It is insane.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: December 24, 2019 04:30PM

Yes it is insane. Take a mental shower and get on with your life!

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: December 24, 2019 06:27PM

Sometimes the bad thing that causes a family to scapegoat is the family's own toxicity.

If you can, avoid those jerks this Christmas. If not, just "Grey Rock" (respond as controlled and unemotional as possible. Basically, be like a Vulcan with your emotions). And plan on avoiding the toxic jerks next year. Life is too short to spend with people who make you feel like garbage. Even if for only one day a year.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.