Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Birdman ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 02:28AM

The Mormon Church is rat-holing the money in anticipation of the events of the last days, the millennium or the rapture if you prefer. In any case they are anticipating problems upon Christ’s return. That conjures up various problems in my mind:

1. During that time why would the Mormon’s believe that financial institutions would survive such events and keep their money and investments secure? Aren’t the last days before Christ’s return supposed to be a period of utter chaos and cleansing?

2. Why are faithful Mormon’s supposed to have a supply of food and various commodities? Shouldn’t the inspired leadership be suggesting a two-year supply of cash at Zion’s Bank. At least all their storage won’t rot. Stocks and bonds not food!

3. Somewhere weren’t they saying that a bushel of wheat would be more valuable than a stash of cash. I guess their advice is for the peons and not the elites.

4. I guess Christ has changed his position on moneychangers. One of Christ’s mission when he returns will be to keep the U.S. dollar secure and protect the Mormon stash.

5. So in the millennium we’ll be able to use our dollars? Kind of means that keeping buckets of wheat in your basement is only useful to weevils and rats.

6. When the dust settles and the millennium arrives, I can drive down to Zions Bank and withdraw some of my money?

7. So much for social justice. The US economy will survive and the rich will remain rich and the poor will remain poor. This being done by Jesus to protect the Mormon Stash?

I was worried – I guess my 401K is secure into the millennium and beyond!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 06:05AM

The church will never fess up to its greed because it doesn’t have to. It’s a religion of excuses. That’s what all of the sophisticated (or not) lying is all about. Choose the right but not really. Isn’t the right someone else’s left? They make the us and them game seem so real, but there’s a Hell of a price.

Maybe Jesus will make a big pile of cash and re-enact the scene from “The Dark Knight”.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 11:17AM

In buckets of wheat, of course.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 08:26AM

With respect to point 2, I'm not sure that they teach that...

"2. Why are faithful Mormon’s supposed to have a supply of food and various commodities?"

Although we still have years-old cans of wheat stashed around our hime, I cannot think of this being emphasized or even discussed recently.

The message has changed to provident living, which oddly enough seems to focus on living within your means.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 09:59AM

They had us believing the end would happen around the time I turned 40 back in 2000. They've never once told the smaller masses that they needed to put money aside for the millenium. They always taught us we couldn't take it with us.

I've said before that my uncle even tried to have his wife declared unfit so that when he died, she wouldn't spend his money. She was so afraid of what her son would do after her husband died to her as far as money was concerned, that she had a stash around the house which was quite a significant amount of money. She had her granddaughter go make withdrawals. Her son did admit her to a nursing home and she never forgave him for it.

My uncle kept telling his kids he was going to leave it to the church, but he didn't. He sure wanted to take it with him and it was obvious that he couldn't. He was a SP. He was horrified of dying.

So HE KNEW that he couldn't take it with him. What are they telling the people about the reality of the end? That they don't believe their own preaching, but of course, the people will buy into it. Most will that is. They are saying that, in reality, they don't even believe in "the end."

$100 billion. I'm still in shock. I never ever thought they had that much money, let alone all the other stuff they own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2020 10:00AM by cl2.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 10:04AM

Would they even recognize end days? The world could be burning and they are playing their fiddle at the bank.

They know Jesus hasn't exactly contacted any of them (except with pretend feelings). What makes them so sure Jesus would show up to them other than shaky claims of previous cult leaders? They have to depend on the flock just believing the whole thing which is convenient when it comes to hoarding money.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 11:01AM

You can be sure they don’t have conversations with Jesus in some special room in the temple. Otherwise, Jesus would have had a “come to Jesus” talk about the money.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 11:14AM

There is the Parable of the Rich Fool: a man's harvest exceeded his storage, so he decided to build bigger barns, so he could "eat, drink, and be merry."

“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’" (Luke 12:20)

There is also Christ's teaching that the end will come "like a thief in the night." (Tip of the hat to Dagny, above)

To Birdman, OP, above: Go back to the date the whistleblowers first announced the $100B, and check the threads. Quite a few posts began there.

Date: January 06, 2020 10:50PM

I want to comment on the post by Lowpriest. There is so much there to unravel. Consider all the years that home storage was emphasized. There even was a ward calling for that activity of helping members purchase commodities. There were even articles in the church magazines of young college students keeping their home storage under their beds. This was hailed as obedience to the “Lord’s Prophet”. Now all of a sudden, the new doctrine is provident living. No explanation, no apology for all the wasted money, just a new program with a new emphasis. For all I know they might have found out that Jesus had cancelled the second coming.

I remember members risking jail time to pay tithing instead of child support. I remember members risking creditor problems, health problems or food problems rather than not pay their tithing and fast offerings only to learn that the church has over 100 billion dollars stashed!!! I remember when we first started to be required to pay for manuals because the church could no longer bear the cost of giving them away for free.

Consider for a moment if you had a financial advisor that consistently gave you bad advice – how long would you retain that person? Now consider that church with their crap prophecies, and counsel. Apparently, Godly prophecies are tolerated with a lower expediency then counsel from a financial planner.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 11:07PM

simply by thinking about the cover story they are giving for hoarding this massive stash of cash (and securities).

Notice how they have no details to offer.

The excuse is that it's in preparation for some form of end-times tribulation, but they don't know much about it.

They don't know when it will happen.

They don't know exactly what will happen when it happens.

They only "know" that it may be a good idea to have a super fat bank account on hand whenever whatever it is happens if and when it happens.

So.... What does this tell you about the value of being in a church led by self-proclaimed "prophets" and "apostles".

They are essentially telling the world that they don't know anything more about what is to come than anyone else. They only know that they don't really know and they just want to have a mountain of cash on hand just in case it turns out to be handy.

It's transparently foolish. If they were really worried about end-times preparations and even really cared about the members, they would invest in skills/training for the members. Medical skills, EMTs, doctors, nurses, machinists, agricultural skills, electrical skills, masonry, plumbing, carpentry, animal husbandry, home repairs etc. They would invest in valuable tools and equipment and durable supplies. Letting the members turn into unskilled couch potatoes, while hoarding a mountain of secret cash? That's not what you do to prepare the church for end-times tribulations.

The ridiculousness of their cover story reveals that the cover story is a lie and they know it's a lie.

So that's the answer.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 06, 2020 11:27PM

plz read your bible OPie ~

the Mormon world-view and everything Joseph Smith, Jr. ever said is a giant lie ~

brb ~ 2nd Peter 3:10 ~

in b 4 ~ everything is burnt up ~

financial institutions / money / investments / food / various commodities / cash / wheat / cash / the U.S. dollar / wheat / Zions Bank / money / 401K ~

all burnt up ~

even your soul is burnt up unless you are vouched for by RealJesus™ ~

plz read your bible OPie ~

Date: January 07, 2020 01:20AM

Are you suggesting that con artists didn't come onto the scene until the 19th Century AD?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 07, 2020 03:09PM

Once again they try to run the long con

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.