Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 09:44PM

Virtue is a big deal in la iglesia mormona.

And apparently, it's a very specific kind of virtue:

For men, virtue means keeping the penis out of any and all the vaginas to which they are not lawfully wedded;

For women, virtue is keeping any and all penises outten deh vajajas, homey, lessen the dude done married up to'em.

Also, don't be holding hands to much, cuz dat fires up de loins!

Okay, seriously, the sex act is such a tiny part of sensuality.

Granted, it's usually the very much sought for culmination, but most humans who don't brush their teeth as a scheduled exercise like to postpone (after the first couple of losses of virtue) that culmination. They figure how much time they've got and, you know, pace themselves.

Now my questions:

Is the mormon church totally and completely out of touch when they preach virginity as a be-all, end-all of righteous human unmarried behavior, or if you're in England, behaviour?

Don't bishops and SPs remember their youth? Or in the case of the SP who sent me out, his weekends with his secretary before he got caught and ex'd, while I was still at the LTM? C'mon, he was lecturing me and 'forgiving' me and fuckin' preaching to me while he was busy banging the blonde bombshell who'd set him as her goal!!

They just don't seem to want to accept that sex is a natural function of being alive and that ghawd's forgiveness (a completely made-up concept) allows all the humans to 'fess up, look chagrined so that they can then role-play being sexually faithful latter-day saints ... again ... for a while.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 09:49PM

ziller entered thred 4 links to pics ~

ziller leaving thred disappoint ~

#sad ~

brb ~ considering reporting OPie 4 no links to pics ~

brb ~

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 10:14PM

“C'mon, he was lecturing me and 'forgiving' me and fuckin' preaching to me while he was busy banging the blonde bombshell who'd set him as her goal!!”

Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life.

I thought oral was moral in Utah. There’s only one hole that counts. Loopholes like soaking are a gray area until the brethren specifically address them. The upside of obedience is “they didn’t say we couldn’t”.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 11:31PM

When I was growing up in Davis County, there were three stake presidents who owned car dealerships, and got caught bonking a female member of their staff. I guess they got Ex-ed. One remained a very successful car dealership and and salt of the earth businessman and member of chamber of commerce. I heard one of them skipped the country. And the third, a girl I used to date in high school told me that he had tried to talk her in to sex while she was being interviewed by him.

I think this kind of thing is rampant in the leaders they promote. I lived in AZ for a while and a bishop there was bonking the relief society president. His wife was a an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10, why, why, why would you do that. It seems like it is a power/ego thing.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 01:17AM

I'm old, and I approve of others having sex. Restrictions are used to control humans and protect the DNA of powerful men. So I say WTF, and I mean it, sort of.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 24, 2020 03:43AM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 01:59AM

some say don't make decisions while you're angry,

I say-

Don't have sex before your hormones are under control / you're not ready to parent or deal with VD.

teen-agers & sex usually don't mix well, I was lucky in that regard.

It's like they can't teach wisdom about who & when you have sex, so they pretty much gotta control it some way, as in Marriage.

Doctrine is 99% rhetoric, 1 % serious decisions/actions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 04:07AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 04:11AM

As the ex-wife of a sex addidct, it is NOT really about sex, but about control, power, Narcissim, self-indulgence, the pursuit, challenges, aggression, passive-aggression, the excitement in lying and sneaking around. The more extreme sexual predators are psychopaths. Many are abusive. My ex was a serial predator, and chose weak, needy women as his targets. I knew some of the women as friends, and they had low self-esteem and felt neglected by their husbands. I had no idea of what was going on. Sex addicts are good liars. Oh, also, I was very very naive, stupid, and trusting. They make the worst lovers--yuck. If your sex partner acts like it is a wrestling match or power struggle, is cold and impersonal, or causes you pain--run! Seduction is playful; whereas a power struggle is unpleasant and brings you down, and the Narcissist wins. I think of Hedning's poor girlfriend who was approached by that horrible SP during an interview--forced sex is a truly ugly experience, that is devoid of affection or regard for the victim. It is abuse.

How unkind it is for a person to manipulate another person into sacrificing their marriage, family, children, security, for what--nothing but selfishness.

Normal sex is fun, and all that, but, for me, as I understand it, it is an expression of positive emotions, such as love (ideally), companionship, comfort, shared pleasure, laughter, communication, exploration, extasy. Sex addicts don't seem to enjoy sex all that much. They are shallow people. They are not focused on the partner, to the point that they are bored (and boring) and quickly move from one partner to another. No personality is involved. I ended up hating my ex-husband, and divorced him, before I ever knew about any of his affairs. He was cold and nasty to our children, and he abandoned them.

Sorry, but I think extreme sexual promiscuity is a symptom of some more severe personality and mental disorders, and is often tied to more extreme criminal behavior, such as rape, spousal abuse, child abuse, robbery, assault, even murder.

The former president of the former Sears Stores would automatically fire anybody who cheated on their spouse. He said that a person who couldn't be trustworthy in their own marriage could not be trustworthy to Sears, either. Likewise, many people believe that if a person will cheat With you, they will cheat ON you.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 02:27PM

Well said & appreciated, Breeze!!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 11:55AM

Most modern society has unrealistic expectations about food, sex, and drugs. I don't know about rock and roll.

We can benefit by moderation in many things tied to our most sensitive pleasure centers. How we do this puts the devil in our most intimate details.

And the x rating of this topic is so overblown.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 02:37PM

> And the x rating of this topic is so overblown.

Without hyperbole, no one would ever read anything EOD wrote. You clearly are not in marketing!

Date: January 10, 2020 02:47PM

When I read it just in my mind, I always say 'HIGH-per-boil'.

And for me to even admit that 'sex' is part of ordinary life is a pretty big deal!

Date: January 10, 2020 02:52PM

Oh, I don't know about that!

In a community where a lot of people appearntly ain't getting nuttin', you and your beloved seem to be thriving.

Yes, the double entendre was intentional.

Date: January 10, 2020 02:54PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, the double entendre was intentional.

Is that some kinky French thing?

Date: January 10, 2020 02:55PM

When I read it just in my mind, I always say 'Hyper Blow'.

Date: January 10, 2020 05:10PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> When I read it just in my mind, I always say
> 'Hyper Blow'.

Is that some kinky French thing?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 01:25PM

Then when faced with what I was facing, they said it was okay for us to do anything up to, but not including intercourse. I never could wrap my mind around that.

I did it all the way they told me to in terms of saving myself for marriage (not what they told me to that I mentioned above) and then I was worth sacrificing.

Got married in the temple and all.

Look how well it worked out for me.

So this time around, I have chosen to do it MY WAY and completely NOT their way.

I'm still a what, monogamous person, and probably will not have sex with more than the 2 I've had in life as it is part of who I am. Can't say the same for the men I have been in relationships with, though my boyfriend is monogamous and was in his marriage.

I just think it is rather INTERESTING that this mormon virgin ended up with someone gay who I believe is actually a sex addict (he was ruined by being raised mormon and by his lovely parents) and a guy who grew up in the coming of age of the sexual revolution I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 01:26PM by cl2.

Date: January 10, 2020 04:07PM

This was the notion that I had, growing up in the church. As long as Tab A didn't go into Slot A, it wasn't the sin next to murder.

And I suppose it's where the justification came for Tab A into Slot B... or Slot O.

Sex and Religion always seem to be such odd bed partners!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 05:21PM

petting from the age of 12. I didn't have a clue what they meant, but I figured it out later on. So intercourse wasn't the only thing they didn't want us doing.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 08:35PM

It's amazing that people can find sexual partners that have had zero VD episodes these days.

There would be a lot more activity if VD wasn't an issue with the populous.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 09:11PM

I call it "Mormonspeak." Mormons got a vocabulary that, although it's not their own, is misused to represent something else.

"virtue" = "intact hymen"

When The Brethren say, "Protect your virtue," that's what they're thinking about.

"Worthiness" = "sexual purity."

Can't go to the temple unless you're "sexually pure," whatever the hell that is. For a young woman it's "having maintained her virtue."

"Modesty" = "no display of naughty bits, not showing too much cleavage, too much thigh (except when wearing a swimsuit, of course), and, today, not exposing the shoulders." In Mormonism, "modesty" is a bit of a moving target. Unfortunately, in Mormonism "modesty" does not mean stifling one's bragging, living within one's means, humility, moderation, or not being pretentious. In fact, being pretentious is a pretty big deal in Mormonism. So is not living within one's means.

Mormonism is confusing. Don't buy into it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2020 02:03AM by cludgie.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 05:51PM

Utah might have a market for hymen reconstruction surgery.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymenorrhaphy

“The operation is popular in Middle Eastern countries, in particular, in Iran, where women are expected to keep virginity until the wedding night. Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Sadeq Rohani has issued a fatwa which permits hymenorrhaphy and considers a woman after the operation to be virgin.”

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 10:05PM

Date: January 11, 2020 12:52AM

See what I did?

That’s right, I don’t capitalize ‘ghawd’ or ‘mormon’, but ...

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 24, 2020 12:02AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> Vagina scented candles

At $79, and they sold out!

To think that this is what the cultural elite pay money for.

Getting back to "hyperbole," LW--isn't that the big big football game I'll ignore in a week or so?

Date: January 24, 2020 12:24AM

It would have been a more interesting game, certainly, if your boys had remembered to deflate their balls.

Date: January 24, 2020 02:29AM

No worries.

I was just spying on you.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: January 24, 2020 12:59AM

In Canada, we like that behavioUr too, eh?

It keeps us warm.

Human, warm, lick-‘ered-up ‘n’ unashamed, thankfully.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: January 25, 2020 01:23PM

elderolddog just for you a very cringe worthy video. 2 missionaries are giving the law of chastity lesson to a couple that is living together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0udNjXqzOoY

Date: January 25, 2020 06:58PM

Holy freaking Jesus!

Initially, I couldn't figure out the provenance of the video. It was being presented in the iteration your post presents as being a "look at how stupid and invasive" the missionaries can be! But at the same time, the filming, the pacing, the dialog, and above all, the climax (I actually stopped it when he was walking down into the font). The essence of its creation is Pro-mormonism!

The answer is that this comes from a longer mormon church video that is 21 minutes long (versus 7 mins for the 'anti' video) which can be seen (if you have the stomach for it) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPlUceFWjHY

It is laughable, given how she was mini-fondling him during the early part of the video, that they had remained 'pure' during the time they were sleeping in the same bedroom, on bunk beds. Of course, there are different ways to describe 'pure'.

It didn't bother me that they asked the 'are you keeping the law of chastity' question. It's their church, so they get to set the rules.

Most foreign country Spanish-speaking (if not all!) require the elders and LMs to push for and help expedite by-the-book marriages for some of their investigators. Either the couple never got married, or one of them was previously married and never got a proper divorce, so they're 'living in sin', with kids, and can't be dunked until that situation is remedied.

It strikes me as being brazenly deceitful to have a couple get married on Saturday morning and then have the elders dunk them that same afternoon, and everyone is all "Praise Jesus!" because the law was fulfilled. Very Pharisaical! There was no repentance from being unchaste, just a bit of legalism that changed the sex act from a sin to be now being hallowed.

Have I mentioned that I don't think the mormon church has any connection to a divine being, at least not since Saucie resigned?

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: January 25, 2020 10:00PM

There was some petting going on and their looks was like yes we are having sex but their words was no. 1:20 to 1:25 she is petting his arms and focus on her face. At 2:42 she knows what lesson will come next. At 3:06
This video is supposed to be pro lds but I find it strange how he was worthy to be baptized while living with his girlfriend. When I was going to college I had a male roommate and the elders quorum president came by to tell me that there was an opening with a female. We attended the same single ward. I was renting a room in his house. We never dated yet the elders quorum president wanted boys and girls separated.
Elders quorum president said he wanted to prevent the appearance of sin and the temptation that I might put on the male.
Anyway back to the movie here they were allowed to sleep in the same room! While dating! Still he is allowed to get baptized.
Now being out of the church I found it very intrusive of 2 18 year old's to aks "do you keep the law of chastity".

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 02:48PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> Holy freaking Jesus!
>
> Initially, I couldn't figure out the provenance of
> the video. It was being presented in the
> iteration your post presents as being a "look at
> how stupid and invasive" the missionaries can be!
> But at the same time, the filming, the pacing, the
> dialog, and above all, the climax (I actually
> stopped it when he was walking down into the
> font). The essence of its creation is
> Pro-mormonism!
>
> The answer is that this comes from a longer mormon
> church video that is 21 minutes long (versus 7
> mins for the 'anti' video) which can be seen (if
> you have the stomach for it) at
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPlUceFWjHY
>
> It is laughable, given how she was mini-fondling
> him during the early part of the video, that they
> had remained 'pure' during the time they were
> sleeping in the same bedroom, on bunk beds. Of
> course, there are different ways to describe
> 'pure'.
>
> It didn't bother me that they asked the 'are you
> keeping the law of chastity' question. It's their
> church, so they get to set the rules.
>
> Most foreign country Spanish-speaking (if not
> all!) require the elders and LMs to push for and
> help expedite by-the-book marriages for some of
> their investigators. Either the couple never got
> married, or one of them was previously married and
> never got a proper divorce, so they're 'living in
> sin', with kids, and can't be dunked until that
> situation is remedied.
>
> It strikes me as being brazenly deceitful to have
> a couple get married on Saturday morning and then
> have the elders dunk them that same afternoon, and
> everyone is all "Praise Jesus!" because the law
> was fulfilled. Very Pharisaical! There was no
> repentance from being unchaste, just a bit of
> legalism that changed the sex act from a sin to be
> now being hallowed.
>
> Have I mentioned that I don't think the mormon
> church has any connection to a divine being, at
> least not since Saucie resigned?

You haven't mentioned it.... but that was the perfect time to do it mi amor.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 01:22PM

I do know some Mormons who have hosted home Sex Toy parties.
Others who photograph and paint and sculpt nudes - mainly female nudes.

Not all L-d$,inc types are totally prudes.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 01:29PM

clickbait

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.