Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 05:02PM

Crystal Legionnaires - SLC Bench Trial 1-13-2019 for speaking out "Stop Protecting Sexual Predators" three-times in General Conference.

I was impressed with how the judge conducted the court, denied most objections and let both sides present their arguments. An official recording of the trial is available through Salt Lake City Municipal Courts. The trial last about one hour. Here is Crystal's reaction to reporters outside of the courtroom after the $340 fine was paid. I gave Crystal a $20 bill to help out.

https://youtu.be/5H9pJnVeLqs

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 13, 2020 05:24PM

Is reporting of (sexual, other) abuse to authorities a matter of ChurchCo policy?

Does it vary according to location?

Yeah, I understand ChurchCo leaders have very little spine.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 15, 2020 10:58AM

Local church leaders are instructed in no uncertain terms that their first loyalty when cases of abuse come to their attention is to protect the church's reputation. To do that, their first step, and often their only step, is to inform Kirton McConkie and let them take care of it. They are only to report it to the authorities when the law forces them to. They do not care about the children.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.