Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 02:15PM

Hey everyone! I don't think anyone really remembers me, but it's worth a shot.

It's been years since I've seriously posted and a full year since I've checked in. I saw RfM come up on something and thought I'd check in on everyone.

I'm chugging along. It's been two and a half years since my dad died and last August we lost his mom (my grandma) and we lost his dad in December (my grandpa). It's been rough. I'm really hoping 2020 is my year with zero deaths.

I'm happily teaching high schoolers math and have my husband and three pups. We bought a new house last year and have 2.5 acres to play with our pups and enjoy our time. I'm planning on getting a large garden going, attached to the already established orchard.

I hope everyone is doing well and would love to hear how your lives have been. RfM was an important part of me leaving the church and I made so many friends here. :) I really hope everyone is well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 02:49PM

Hey, fidget. It has been two-and-a-half years since I lost my Dad as well. I know how rough that is.

I'm glad to know that you are otherwise doing well.

Date: February 06, 2020 08:11AM

I'm sorry you had to go through that loss too Greyfort. (Hugs)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 03:00PM

Sad to hear of your losses, though;

Stay in touch :-)

Tom in Paris

Date: February 06, 2020 08:12AM

Hi Tom!

Thank you. I try to check in with you all when I can. This board and the people on it were a lifesaver for me.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 04:16PM

I remember you! I'm glad life is going well for you. Enjoy those three pups.
Thanks for checking it. It's always nice to hear from old posters.

Date: February 06, 2020 08:13AM

Hi dagny!

I remember you as well. Oh I definitely will enjoy them. They are a handful but I wouldn't trade any of them.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 04:38PM

Hello, Fidget! It's good to hear from you. I remember you.

Sorry about the loss of your loved ones. I lost my grandparents, all at once, like you did. It was because they were all close to the same age, and it was their time. Your dad died too young. You will probably miss your loved ones forever and will think about them every day. The good news is that the love lives on, and the happy memories of them will overpower the sad stuff. Be patient, and never feel bad about your feelings of sadness and loss. It's the human condition. (That's why the Mormons invented all their temple and CK mumbo-jumbo, to make money off of people in mourning.) Love works better than religion. Personally, I believe in a better heaven, but it isn't more important than the here and now.

I don't remember you teaching high school math--that is awesome! You were a sweet wife, I remember. Congrats on your 3 pups, and your new house, that must be idyllic! I wish you joy!

You have good odds of 2020 being death-free.
It's Leap Year, after all, and good things happen on Leap Years.

>^..^<

Date: February 06, 2020 08:14AM

Thank you for the kind words forestpal!

I hope you are well.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 05:10PM

Hi, Fidget! It's always good to see you here.

I'm glad that you are doing well. I am still teaching as well, but I'm out of the classroom and teaching small groups only. It has made a world of difference for me. Your new property sounds great! I hope that you continue to enjoy it.

I'm sorry for so many recent losses in your family. I know that's tough.

Date: February 06, 2020 08:15AM

Hi Summer!

Oh that sounds fun to teach small groups and I'm glad you are enjoying it. You helped encourage me years ago on here and I'll never forget it. :)

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 26, 2020 08:26PM

hello fidget ~

in b links to pics of garden ~

Date: February 06, 2020 08:23AM

Hi ziller!

I'm a bit far away from pictures still. The previous owners didn't take care of the land. But I can't wait to get it going and make it beautiful!

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 12:06AM

I remember you! Sorry about your losses... I have lost a few loved ones myself.

Sounds like you’re otherwise doing okay! Nice to see you!

Date: February 06, 2020 08:17AM

I'm so sorry that you've had losses as well :(

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 12:27AM

Funny that I just popped in this evening. I see you around in other places and now I’m seeing this post. I haven’t been here in a while, either. Interesting how we process complicated family relationships over time as we leave Mormonism and try to sort out the complicated “black and white” Mormon thinking that invades our human relationships. I’m so happy that we met here and remain friends. May we meet in person some day.

Date: February 06, 2020 08:17AM

I am glad that we are friends in other places as well. :)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 02:22AM

So nice to see you!!!! Tell me all about your pups :)

Date: February 06, 2020 08:21AM

Susan! Oh how I've missed you.

We still have our Aussie/Border Collie Rescue, Tazer, who is now 10.5 years old. He's doing pretty well for his age besides a mystery illness that they can't quite figure out.

We also have a 5 year old chocolate lab named Juney. She's a big love bug who needs all the attention all the time and will chase a ball non stop.

And we recently added our pup Tucker, who is 5 months old. He's a standard Australian Shepherd and oh my is he a hoot. He's the perfect mix of the other two dogs personalities with some of his own sass.

How are you doing? I hope you're well!

Posted by: edward812k not logged ( )
Date: January 29, 2020 04:53PM

I remember you Fidget. I don’t post or visit much anymore either, but I’m sorry for your losses. Glad you’re doing well though. Those were fun days on the board. You could really feel something new happening.

Date: February 06, 2020 08:22AM

Hey edward812k!

Thank you. Those were fun. I made so many friends that I still keep in touch with today. This board has been a bridge and a landing spot for do many through the years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.