Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 31, 2020 09:37AM

The article here:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-05-white-kids-black-preschoolers.html

which is entitled "Can white kids grow up to be black? Some preschoolers think so" recounts a study where children of different ages were asked which colour different (black and white) children would grow up to be (see the article for details).

They found that roughly half of 5-6 year olds thought that white children might become black as adults and vice versa.

I take this as an indication that Horny Joe's mental age was similar, with his idea of blacks becoming whiter through "virtue". 5-6 years old seems about right ;-)

Tom in Paris

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 31, 2020 09:40AM

But what about the mental age of Joju's penis?

Posted by: Odd Thinker ( )
Date: January 31, 2020 11:12AM

Joseph was the ultimate con man and liar he would say anything to get people to like him and turn around and change postions with who ever he was talking to. It was a way to get people to do as he pleased. No different than a politician trying to get votes.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: January 31, 2020 07:30PM

Maybe someone with child development knowledge can validate me here or improve on my opinion, but I would say modern average 14-16 year olds have JS beat in terms of emotional intelligence, and they're still in a very self-focused developmental stage. Most kids that age are at least learning that keeping a rein on impulse control and delaying gratification are worthwhile endeavors. They start to see that playing the long game is usually the best tactic for getting what they want even if they don't like it too much or aren't very good at it yet.

JS had no mental brakes clear up to the end of his life. It seems to me that any time the cult got a tiny toehold on success in a new community he found it impossible to take it slow as the leader of a new subculture trying to engage with the longtime residents. Instead of building trust and working on gradually rising in the already established community hierarchy, he seemed to always offensively elbow his way in, demanding in typical narcissistic fashion, the best of everything and all the power, justified only by his self-appointed title. He could never seem to exercise political patience or keep the bizarre and boundary violating tenets of the cult on the down low or just confined to the cult's members. I'm sure the cult gave off a very weird vibe the second they'd arrive somewhere, but JS could never chill out, wait, fly under the radar. It was always straight to "I'll be making the rules now, and btw, I'll have your property and your women while I'm at it."

My kids were making 5 year plans at 16, about jobs, college and saving money. They found it abstract and tedious, but they did it. JS was flying by the seat of his pants long after 30, which was solid middle age at that time. He reminds me of a twisted Peter Pan, making off with various Wendys. He was better at throwing fairy dust everywhere and worse at exiting via windows.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 01, 2020 12:28AM

I put him exactly at puberty, and not one second more.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.