Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: February 15, 2020 01:59PM

I believe this is the organization to which the Daybells belong.

AVOW Another Voice of Warning

https://www.ldsavow.com

The head or at least a main player is Roger K Young.

"I wish to make it perfectly clear that the AVOW website has no place for apostate doctrine, ideas, or teachings. I will take action against any and all that I believe are here to further an agenda that is not in harmony with the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints."

Authors list of AVOW including Chad Daybell
https://www.abysmal.com/category/CD.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2020 02:02PM by Twinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 15, 2020 02:18PM

...or $14.95/month...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 15, 2020 02:29PM

Darn it! That's way cheaper than my cult.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: February 15, 2020 05:06PM

If you can blindly swallow all of mainstream mormonism's BS (first vision(s), rock in a hat, J.Smith's marrying married women,flaming sword, etc), making a jump to their doomsday batshit crazy isn't that far of a leap.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 15, 2020 11:23PM

This was rather interesting. No doubt this is where she is getting some encouragement for her "visions"
https://www.abysmal.com/product/DV-3.html

And they even have ward and stake handouts.
https://www.abysmal.com/category/WSH.html

This kind of crap has been going on up there for a long time. Years ago we had a real problem with one group trolling here.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 01:13AM

Dingbat and Shallow were made for each other. This is yet another extremist group. Correlation must have been too boring.

Date: February 16, 2020 01:21AM

> Correlation must
> have been too boring.

Exactly right. The Book of Mormon opens with a murder, reprising the divinely ordered murder of Isaac by his father. Add to that 150 years of miracles and apocalypticism and secret combinations and you get a people who expect extremism in their religion.

The church claims that all of that stuff is absolute truth but denies any of it in the religion's current form. How can that possibly satisfy believers? Extreme "study groups" and cults that teach the hidden doctrines; Denver Snuffer, the Laffertys, and this pair of low-budget Charlie Mansons are the inevitable result.

Mormonism is an extraordinarily dangerous faith.

Posted by: synonymous ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 02:25AM

"The church claims that all of that stuff is absolute truth but denies any of it in the religion's current form."

It's still there in places, but very subtle; ordinary Mormons, taught not to think deeply, miss it entirely.

The hymn "The Spirit of God Like a Fire is Burning" alludes to it, and they sing it regularly:

Verse 1
The Spirit of God like a fire is burning;
The latter day glory begins to come forth;
The visions and blessings of old are returning;
And angels are coming to visit the earth.

Visions and angels "are" sung about in the present tense, but no one ever sees them. Can't think about that too much, might start to ask uncomfortable questions.

Verse 4
We'll wash and be wash'd, and with oil be anointed
Withal not omitting the washing of feet:
For he that receiveth his penny appointed,
Must surely be clean at the harvest of wheat.

The washing and anointing is obviously the initiatory and endowment, but notice the "washing of feet." That's part of the SECOND Anointing, but mormons have no clue about the verse's real meaning.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 12:31AM

synonymous Wrote

> Verse 4
> We'll wash and be wash'd, and with oil be
> anointed
> Withal not omitting the washing of feet:
> For he that receiveth his penny appointed,
> Must surely be clean at the harvest of wheat.
>

Where did you find the version of "The Spirit of God" with THAT 4th verse? The 4th verse in the presently used hymnal, as well as the previous hymnal, is as follows:

"How blessed the day when the lamb and the lion
Shall lie down together without any ire,
And Ephraim be crowned with his blessing in Zion,
As Jesus descends with his chariot of fire!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 12:32AM by scmd1.

Posted by: synonymous ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 02:17AM

I guess they don't teach that any more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_of_God_Like_a_Fire_Is_Burning

The lamb-lion-Zion verse is in Wiki as Verse 6.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 04:26AM

There are four verses to "Praise to the Man" in both the 1948/1950 hymnal and in the 1985 incarnation, but neither include the verse in question. It has presumably been at least 70 years since that verse was sung in regular congregational singing in a mainstream LDS church. It does presumably, then, fall into the "I don't know that we teach/sing that" category.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 04:07PM

A new verse will emphasize the importance of being a surgeon, having multiple women adore the prophet and the exhilaration from managing a billionaire's club.

Date: February 16, 2020 05:42PM

"Zulema R.Pasrenes is an LDS member and self-professed emotion code practitioner (she listed cuddling services in one of her profiles)

"Married to: Alex Cox -Date of marriage: 11/29/19

"Notables: Zulema married Alex Cox less than two weeks before his death; Cox took Zulema’s last name; and her 25-year-old son, Joseph Lopez, found Cox unresponsive in the bathroom, didn’t know his last name, and referred to Cox as his mom’s boyfriend, not husband."

https://www.annielytics.com/blog/personal/timeline-events-around-disappearance-of-tylee-ryan-jj-vallow/

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 04:13AM

Thanks EOD. This was quite a read. The time line is so close on many things like her trying to get her newly shot husbands insurance. That must have been quite a blow to her.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 01:03AM

In our eyes, this has got to be the Top Contender for 2020's saddest story.

There have been stories of drug deals gone wrong (Seattle), neglected toddlers (drowning in a motel pool), horrible vehicle crashes, plane crashes (Kobe Bryant), and the clown in the WH;

in my (sometimes feeble) mind, Nothing comes close to the sadness of those two children's disappearance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 02:58AM by GNPE.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 04:20AM

“Police have said Vallow and Chad Daybell have lied about the children's whereabouts and even their very existence, with Chad Daybell allegedly telling one person that Lori Vallow had no kids, and Lori Vallow allegedly telling another person that her daughter had died more than a year earlier.”

But it’s okay. They’re lying for the Lord.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 01:16PM

For being less than 2% of the US population (on a really good day), Mormons seem to have produced more than their fair share of grifters and murderers splashy enough to make a national name for themselves.

this pair of clowns seem to have left a cloud of dead and missing people in their wake. I'm amazed they haven't been arrested for **something**.

Date: February 18, 2020 02:03PM

> this pair of clowns seem to have left a cloud of
> dead and missing people in their wake. I'm amazed
> they haven't been arrested for **something**.

The night is young.

Date: February 18, 2020 02:58PM

I heard that they were going to head to Mexico.

If he'd served a Spanish-speaking mission, that might be a good idea. But for him to use his mission skills, they'd have to fly to New Jersey, where it is very likely indignant Jerseyites would not hesitate to get in their faces.

Apparently they think they just have to hang on until July, and then Jesus will put them in his entourage and things will be fine for them. Fascinating game plan!

Posted by: Jake451 ( )
Date: February 21, 2020 03:22PM

Take a look at the FAQ page:

Q. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

A. Curabitur ultrices consequat libero gravida dignissim. Fusce in erat est. Etiam bibendum ultricies nulla, nec convallis purus blandit ac. Fusce ornare commodo odio. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

What the actual hell? Is this supposed to be the Adamic language?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: February 21, 2020 03:31PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.