Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xxMo0 ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 12:11AM

geez ... have they ever had this many temples closed (either due to renovations or otherwise) at the same time?

--
Vancouver British Columbia Temple Joins List of Temporary Closures

The Vancouver British Columbia Temple has become Canada's first temporary temple closure by the Church in response to concern over transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Vancouver is located about 140 miles north of Seattle, where the most coronavirus cases in the United States has been reported. Closure of the Seattle Washington Temple occurred on Saturday.

https://churchofjesuschristtemples.org/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 12:20AM

The current number of cases indicate who has been contagious without knowing it for the last 2 to 6 weeks, so it makes sense to wait and see.

In theory, I think Mormons could beat the virus through faith. But then, what faith? There’s the rub. Their hollowed out religion is nothing but a money grabbing scam. Yeah, maybe you should close those temples.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 02:22AM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 10:25AM

If one was closed back in the 1960s, then the percentage was much greater than it is now. When are they going to start closing more stake centers? Aren't they going to have SM at some places? But not SS and YM/YW, primary? So the people are already at the stake center and shared their germs, but then they don't stay for the second meeting?

It seems to me they aren't using a lot of common sense if they are having them go to any meetings. If any place is a Petri dish, it is mormon stake center.

What about the 2nd or 3rd ward meeting after 2 wards have spread their germs? Three wards meet at this SC really close in time to each other (I've tried walking my dogs by at the wrong time).

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 11:15AM

They already lose members who start thinking/researching for themselves. They also lose people who fit their narrative: too easily offended, wanted to sin, had a weak testimony and never were fully committed.

Now they can lose more if church leaders appear not to give a damn by ignoring basic health warnings and best practices.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 11:25AM

...all Temples must now comply with CDC Level BSL4 compliance. Temples will remain closed until Temple staff and CDC oversight officers screen attendees for active bank checkbooks and loose pocket change......Keep Calm. Observe the Protocols.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 12:36PM

The Vancouver Temple is approximately 30 miles from Vancouver and it can take up to 45 minutes to an hour to get there from Vancouver.

So the name could be a bit misleading. I guess they mean it's for the Vancouver area.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 12:00AM

Once again we see the power of the priesthood protecting the square root of sweet f***all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.