Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 03:09PM

My mother is mad. God isn't answering her prayers. The world is going to Hell and she can prove it because the man checking her Cosco receipt had a beard and long painted fingernails. This is in the heart of Utah County.

But what really chaps my mother's garment-clad hide is the fact that Jesus hasn't come yet. She seriously thinks that he should have come by now and she is certain that he will be here by 2050 when she is dead.

She is sad for her grandchildren because they have to deal with this sick and twisted world until then.

But does Jesus even know that he has to be here by 2050? Kolob is a very long way away. Even if he caught the next Kocobeam it would be awhile but does he even know the disappointment he is causing my mother?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 03:33PM

Jesus maybe knows his coming is overdue but he's been busy earning a living cooking at a taco shop in Santa Paula California. I know this because I stopped in there for lunch and right on the menu board was a list several items listed as "Jesus Favorites".
I testify that He's a good cook in case you were wondering.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 12:44PM

I don't think Jesus was a cook at Tia Babe's in Santa Paula, but as far as I'm concerned, when they went out of business the world might as well have ended.

Meanwhile, wasn't it only 3 or 4 years ago that one of the church bigwigs said "...you'll live to see your grandchildren and maybe your great grandchildren." So one of the Lord's anointed threw JC under the bus.

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 04:32PM

So that's what that meeting at the temple was when Jesus was 12. The leaders were confounded that coming now needed confession.

Date: March 10, 2020 04:53PM

So now he is edging his ejects.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 05:10PM

Per Peter....“that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day” (2 Pet. 3:8)

Jesus is using a different clock than we are. She may have to wait a while. She's thinking 30 years....10950 days, but jesus is thinking 10,950 days.....10,950,000 years.

Too bad they didn't synchronize watches when the war in heaven broke out like they do in the movies.

Date: March 10, 2020 05:11PM

And don't even get me started on daylight savings time! That puts a huge wrench in the works.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 05:13PM

How many lost hours can balance on the head of a pin?

Date: March 10, 2020 05:18PM

How many lost hours can balance on the head of a p....?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 05:57PM

LW is playing on a durable cliche, derived from medieval theological debates, which included the question "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin."

Date: March 10, 2020 06:38PM

I'm implying a less durable thing - penis.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 06:45PM

Date: March 10, 2020 06:22PM

A legion of angels can dance on the head of a pin during the hours lost and gained by daylight savings time.... but they are limited to certain dances based on church teachings.....

Such as the Angelica, Collegiate Shag (for BYU), Court Dance (of love), Cupid Shuffle, Gay Gordons, Grinding, Harlem Shake (only for the lesser valiant ones), Hoedown (referring to Fanny Alger in the barn), Hornpipe (referring to Joseph's junk), Humppa (got to produce those spirit babies), Intercessory Dance (we needed jesus damnit!), Java (don't worry, its really just Postum), Jerkin', Kumi Odori (they say it smells like teen spirit), Lap Dance, Limbo (spirit prison), Long Sword (flaming of course), Molly Dance, Moonwalker (for the Quakers), Nutbush, Partner Dance (they don't recognize same sex marriage), Pole Dancing (for Ziller), Prophetic Dance, Queer Tango, Roger de Coverley (rhymes with Oliver Cowdery), Sadi Moma (for the sisters with less than 6 children), Serpent Dance (the Devil gets his due), Swing (for those closeted Utah couples), Waacking, Wilt Thou Go to the Barracks, Johnny? (bishop interviewing children).

All of the above are real dances too. And the head of a pin on earth is the size of Studio 54 in heaven.....so lots of angels.

Date: March 10, 2020 06:41PM

Lady Chatterley's brother! That's a long list.

Date: March 10, 2020 06:48PM

And a big pin!

Date: March 10, 2020 05:16PM

I don't trust Peter with clocks or cocks. He was an epic cock block. Terrible sense of timing.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 06:38PM

for Y2K. I was led to believe he'd come around the year 2000 and my life was in the toilet. I was waiting for him and he failed to show up even if my "husband" had started hoarding things. We don't need to hoard now because of him. Well, toilet paper maybe.

I really was hoping he'd show up then. I did sit on the sofa and watch the clock tick away to 2000. I was home alone with my dog. Here it is 20 years down the road and he still hasn't come.

Just thinking about it makes me think TWICE. When is this all going to end--this earth? I'll be long gone I'm sure.

Date: March 10, 2020 06:57PM

I wonder, when he comes again,
Will naked angels scream?
Will earth be white with drifting trash,
Or will the world know recycling?
I wonder if his bar will grind
Far sexier than the rest;
With gaslight preying the whole night through?
Will women beat their chests?
I'm sure he'll call his little drones
Together 'round on his knee,
Because he said in days gone by,
"Suffer them to be spanked by me."
I wonder, when he comes again,
Will I be ready there
To look upon his sexy face
And join with him in his lair?
Each day I'll try to do his will
And let my plight be divine
That others seeing me may peek
At his greater size than mine.
Then, when that blessed day is here,
He'll love me and he'll say,
"You've serviced me well, my child;
Come unto my charms so gay."

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 07:02PM

Now I'll have it stuck in my head all evening.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 10:18AM

Sounds like a good thing I never heard it ;-)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 08:22PM

One of my childhood friends sister was told in her patriarchal blessing that she'd raise her kids in the millennium...and then cancer got her...ohoh!

Date: March 11, 2020 11:20AM

She'll be back. Church of zombies I tell you.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 12:43PM

He could at least call and confirm his appointment. Right? It's only polite.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.