Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: March 13, 2020 06:08PM

Who wrote the Race and Priesthood Gospel Topic Essay? Did the leaders of the LDS Church approve it before it was published? How did the LDS Church produce the Gospel Topic Essays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzJwdx7pAyk

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 13, 2020 06:29PM

Its a pretty big deal when omitting history and hiding information ruins lives. It should be a big deal for any child of the 80's or 90's that knows that they were brainwashed with false information and forced to accept it before the internet began. There are a lot of casualties when information is with held trust me. It's a big deal.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 13, 2020 11:16PM

Am I the only one whose gaydar is going ding ding ding ding ding when watching that guy? I’m pretty good, ya know. I got lots of ugly comments when I insisted the ol gaydar went into overdrive every time Ed Smart would be on TV.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 09:19PM

yes, it's judgmental and bigoted to categorize folks. I use to do that too but stopped after watching this great New York Times segment on effeminate men not being gay. Please watch this. Sounding like a sissy doesn't make one gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkm0rmigGOw

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 08:13PM

You will notice that not One LDS leader will put their name to the Essays.

Very different from this one: Proclamation of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (April 6 and October 22, 1845)

https://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Proclamations_of_the_First_Presidency_and_the_Quorum_of_the_Twelve_Apostles

The top leaders to day are afraid to put their name to anything that is a solid statement of fact or belief. Guess too many years of being revealed as liars causes them to re-evaluate things?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 08:26PM

The leaders would not put their name on those essays, but you can bet your bottom dollar those essays were carefully vetted and approved.

There is zero chance some rogue internal employee wrote those and sneaked them onto the website. The Q15 had to have approved them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.