Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 02:54PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 02:55PM

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 03:05PM

Piffle, my sweet! Italian doctors wouldn't be able to keep their hands off you!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 08:07PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Piffle, my sweet! Italian doctors wouldn't be
> able to keep their hands off you!

I love it when you say "Piffle".

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 03:12PM

Dave, what about little handicapped folks?

I think I know the answer.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 03:21PM

I fear that some of my non-verbal clients will die simply because they are unable to speak. And what about my dialysis clients. Seems like those kidney dialysis places are just waiting for death to happen since a lot of dialysis patients have compromised immune systems.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 03:25PM

A lot of hospitals have already canceled all elective surgery. Given that there is very little excess capacity in the US healthcare system, there is a high probability that American physicians will have to ration hospital beds and treatments too.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 03:26PM

try to slow its roll.

If we're diligent in trying to keep our hands to ourselves, heh, we might have a slower rolling infection that *might* alleviate some of the stress on healthcare facilities.

I live around the corner from a retirement home, and anytime I hear someone complaining about social distancing or whatever, I'm like, "Suppose one of us infects a person living in the retirement home. They *are* allowed to take walks and whatnot. Do you think our hospital can take care of half of the home's population and a quarter of the assisted care facility up the road? No. No it can't. So quit whining and think about the other people."

Period. Think about other people. I might get sick. I might not. The odds are low that I'll require hospitalization. The odds are high that I will be infectious at some point.

We can do things individually that can, and likely would, benefit the community at large. I grew up in a commonwealth, and I take those ideals to heart.

I wish we'd been able to contain it here in WA state. I'm sorry it's all over the damn place. But I *can* do my best to keep myself healthy so I don't take up a bed, and I can do my best to keep those I meet in public healthy.

Even if social distancing doesn't *seem* like much, it could be, and that "could be" keeps me hopeful. Maybe the act is worth more to my sense of contribution, to my well-being, and to my lack of control. Self-interest rightly understood.

I'm going to keep someone out of the hospital, even if that person is a figment of my imagination.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2020 04:00PM by Beth.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 03:41PM

Between you and i beth if i get the virus i'll probably let it take me out i decided today. There are kids out there that need supplies more than i do such as toilet paper and food. I'm satisfied with all i have tried to accomplish. I am still afraid of my father more than the virus i realized today as he tried to call me.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 03:52PM

You just haven't seen it yet. Others have.

If you give up, it will be the world's loss.

I can't wait until you see who you are with your own eyes. It's a beautiful sight.

My wish for us all is that one day we wake up and like what we see in the mirror. I'm working on it. :)

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 04:03PM

I deliver food beth from grocery stores to people and i actually see the shortage affecting families firsthand. Its affecting me and i won't hog any supplies for myself. Although i do think i am helping since TONS of people are ordering groceries instead of risking going to the stores themselves.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 08:14PM

Warrior71783 Wrote:
> Between you and i beth if i get the virus i'll
> probably let it take me out i decided today.

I doubt it would "take you out" - you're in the low risk age group, right?

Our best defence, after regular effective handwashing, is to be informed - what to do, what to avoid, what are the health experts advising.

I think on this one we're all learning together and there is much to yet understand.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 05:04PM

Yes, and that's exactly why schools are shutting down, businesses are sending workers home to telecommute if at all possible, and people are being told to avoid large crowds. We are trying to prevent a spike in cases so that hospitals are not overwhelmed, and so that health care workers are not put in the position of having to make terrible choices.

There is a reason that a reporter asked President Trump about access to respirators in the press conference yesterday. It is because Italy is rationing respirators, and some needy patients are doing without.

Posted by: Bradleynli ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 07:23PM

They should have a contest like the PGA Open for medicine. A million bucks to anyone who proves they can effectively treat bad cases of corona virus.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 14, 2020 10:24PM

Bradleynli Wrote:
> They should have a contest like the PGA Open for
> medicine. A million bucks to anyone who proves
> they can effectively treat bad cases of corona
> virus.

Well, heck, I have the priesthood!! Of course on this basis, I should be paid per patient/cured.

Plus a volume bonus!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.