Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 18, 2020 08:50PM

Just announced. Also Mario Diaz-Balart, rep from FL also has it.

How far will this spread now in Congress?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 18, 2020 09:18PM

Man, I thought those guys were always washing their hands, of anything and everything!

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 01:09AM

Well done!!!

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 01:12AM

It sure seems oddly coincidental that one famous or well known person after another keeps coming down with it. I guess we unwashed masses have built up an immunity to the dirt they surround us with.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 01:49AM

With over 8700 *known* cases in the US (and who knows how many unknown cases), it is inevitable that several famous people will get infected.

Famous people likely have a higher probability of being able to be tested than the average person.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/coronavirus-test-nba-celebrity/index.html

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 02:29AM

Probably got it from all those guys who went to CPAC and were exposed. At that time the Pubs were all claiming it was a hoax. Joke’s on them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 02:32AM by NormaRae.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 01:22AM

to fly home without getting tested? You'd think I'd remember an hour later. He said it feels like the worst possible cold he's ever had.

So how many people did he come in contact with that he doesn't know? And he can't call and ask to quarantine for 14 days?

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 05:34AM

Famous people travel more than the 'great unwashed', and are on planes more so naturally they get more germs than the rest of us. It's the travel industry that needs to change their protocols. Somehow the planes need to filter the air different (instead of just recycling it around) or they need to not let sick people board the plane. Perhaps there should be illness screening by a nurse official at the terminal, and those that are sick get locked up in a padded cell for couple of days to recover.

I haven't been on a plane since 911, and haven't had flight sickness since then.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 02:42PM

Now, this is just bad information. Most airplanes air systems are better and more sophisticated than office buildings. Delta's system pull in outside air, not recycled cabin air. Plus, that air is passed through a high tech HEPA filter, cutting out 99.99% of contaminants including coronavirus. Aircraft's have zones about every 6 aisles, with separate ventilation. It's not like a car or van. The cabin air is not recycled, in fact, the air is replaced about 18-20 times per hour compared to about 10-12 times an hour like your average office building.We have enough crap to deal with without adding to the fear by spreading bad info.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 06:46PM

Thank you for that.

You'd think that the industry would be very proactive in getting this kind of information out to the great unwashed public!

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 07:07PM

Yeah. Here's a company video, but you're right, they should all make that more clear. People think the nastiest, most germ hiding place on the plane is the bathrooms. Good guess, and they are nasty, but they get deep cleaned all the time. The most germmy place is the tray tables and seatback pockets. Now, since most seats have inflight entertainment, those touch screens are pretty gross as well. There's a lot more to worry about than cabin air. These are not airborne viruses, they're not carried through air exchange system. They're caught by you touching someone or something that is holding the virus and then getting into your immune system. Practice good hygiene,wash your hands. Wash your towels and sheets more than usual. And use those alcohol wipes on your car keys, doorknobs,sunglasses, etc. after you go out in public. Gas pumps handles and the pump touch pads are nasty. Use a wipe after you use a pump. Just gotta be smart and proactive.

https://news.delta.com/video-air-filtration-systems-help-keep-aircraft-cabins-safe

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 02:21AM

I used to work with pilots and asked them for info on cabin air and they told me exactly what was posted above.

People get sick on planes because they have social distancing of about negative three inches (sarcasm). If you are stuck next to someone for four hours while they cough and sniffle viruses, no air filtration is going to fix that. Moving all the seats farther apart would help some.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 08:11AM

I think this goes to show that the virus is already out in communities in higher numbers than we can imagine. This gives us an extra incentive to stay at home as much as possible, and to take extra care when venturing out.

At some point today, Italy will surpass China in terms of total deaths from the virus. We don't want that happening here.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 02:47PM

And McAdams has been travelling around on the airplanes across the country. People seriously need to listen to the President and the CDC and stop all unnecessary travel. It's spreading fast. But no the priveledged class continues to fly around for whatever reason. I haven't been on a plane since 911 or travelled away from Utah and Colorado since then, and because of that I have been lucky enough to not get sick from a plane, it's the smart way to live, and healthier!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 06:33PM

You haven't been out of Utah/Colorado for two decades?

That explains a lot.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 09:09PM

Since 9/11, I've traveled on more than 200 commercial flights. I haven't been sick even once following a flight. i'm being cautious now, especially because I don't want my wife to get COVID-19, but during ordinary times, it isn't something that frightens me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 09:11PM by scmd1.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 09:19PM

Since 9/11, I have taken over 160 intercontinental flights, at least 20 more international flights within other continents, and at least another 60 within the United States. Flying is a pain in many ways, but it is not in my experience any more likely to produce illness than spending that time stationary in North America.

That travel also taught me a lot of things about the world besides what is available for the armchair consumption. It will be sad, albeit understandable, as public perceptions of the "outside world," whether that be Kentucky or Cairo, grow more narrow as we hunker down. Ignorance of the world is the germ of many ills.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 06:06PM

I see that Rand Paul has tested positive. I guess covid-19 doesn't care if you claim it is a democrat hoax.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 06:12PM

I just read that Utah's own repub senator Mike Lee has been advised to isolate. Guess he has hung around Rand Paul.

So, here are all these folks at the capitol trying to hammer out a plan to get money to people and hard hit businesses...all the while in larger groups than recommended. Even trying to stay 6 feet apart is tricky.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.