Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 04:20PM

"Dear Harbor Freight Community,

As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.

So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.

• N95 Masks
• Face Shields
• 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves

If you work at a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in need of these items, please ask the office in charge of procurement at your hospital to click here so they can provide us with the information we’ll need to determine if we can make a donation. If you’re not with a hospital, but would like to give us the name of a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in your community that might need our help, please email us at hospitalhelp@harborfreight.com, identify the hospital’s city and state in the subject line, and our team will follow-up.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS AT YOUR LOCAL STORE OR OUR CALL CENTER AND PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HOSPITALS—THEY’RE BUSY HELPING THEIR PATIENTS.

For hospitals we’re able to help, we’ll email them a voucher when the supplies are available for pick up at their local Harbor Freight Tools store.

Although we certainly won’t have enough of these supplies to fill everyone’s needs, we’re going to donate everything we’ve got. We also recognize that there are so many other critically important people responding to this crisis and that there is need everywhere. We’ve chosen to focus our efforts on hospitals with a 24 hour emergency room with the hope that we can help as many people as possible right now.

Thank you and God Bless,

Eric Smidt
Owner and Founder
Harbor Freight Tools"

=========================================================

I guess I'll have to patronize his stores more often.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 04:27PM

That's fuckin' awesome!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 06:20PM

any ties to Mormonism / ChurchCo?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 06:27PM

Probably not. His name is not elegant.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 06:28PM

He doesn't even use his middle initial.

Date: March 22, 2020 06:29PM

I use my middle finger in lieu of a middle initial.

Date: March 22, 2020 06:28PM

None known.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 06:34PM

As someone who works in healthcare, this really touched me. How wonderful.
RMM

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 06:48PM

My friend works for harbor frieght. Good job sed.

Date: March 22, 2020 07:02PM

(not to detract from the thought)

I wish Harbor Freight sold higher quality tools. I spend in the neighborhood of $1,000 a year on that stuff, I do shop & spend at HF occasionally, but not for tools I expect to last, it's Craftsman or Husky (from Home Depot) for me in that department.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 07:23PM

They are great, however, for the occasional nearly-one-off tool. I needed an electric planer for on lousy job, so only paid $30+ for one from Harbor Freight. It's also good for things like multi-tool blades, many of which cost over $16 at Lowe's, but only $5 or so at Harbor. I know better than to buy things like nail guns and stuff there.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 04:23PM

What would Heavenly Father have us buy for power tools? DeWalt? Makita? Milwaukie? Ryobi? Is He okay with Porter-Cable? He's certainly not one to buy Craftsman or Skil.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 07:09PM

I got behind a guy returning an electric drill...said it caught on fire.

"No problem" said the Manager. "Just go get another one, and pick up a free fire extinguisher to go with it...our return policy is the best in the Industry!"

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FzydK58Gqr14%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hfqpdb.com%2Fcoupons%2F905_ITC_5.5_LB._FIRE_EXTINGUISHER_1432923436.2137.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 07:27PM

Too soon..lol. Nice gesture by their company heads.

They sell some good stuff. HF (i.e. not heavenly father), but Harbor Freight, has a ton of good tools just like any other manufacturer. For instance, their US General took cabinet box (upper and lower)..10 years ago..wow. Beat everyone else and well made. I bought a reciprocating saw there, outlasted my dewalt by a mile. Just got to be careful.

Date: March 22, 2020 07:30PM

Same here. I buy a few hand tools from harbor freight and the hand tools have improved in recent years. I buy milwaukee power tools from homeless despot because I already have the batteries.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 07:30PM

as it is one of my boyfriend's favorite stores and I've been in there so many times. After 10 or 15 years, he finally quit going there when I'm with him. I still get to go to Lowe's and Home Depot with him, though.

Date: March 22, 2020 07:42PM

I have to admit. I do get a bit of an adrenaline rush as soon as I walk into HF. New tools have a distinct aroma..hard to describe, but it's awesome. I get a "Tim the tool man Taylor" reaction. My wife also refuses to go into HF with me.

Date: March 22, 2020 08:24PM

Does HF have it's own brand of certain things like Craftsman / Husky? at least those 2 have 'lifetime warranties'...

Date: March 22, 2020 08:47PM

No, I don't think they have any lifetime warranties. I only buy Craftsman auto ratchets and socket sets for the Lifetime warranty. I only use Husky tool boxes because they are so damn good...nobody touches the organization and quality of a Husky tool bag for the cost. I literally ran over my 20' Husky bag (with the metal bar) with my truck, and still am using it 5 years later. I only use Makita Lithium Ion battery tools. Seems like all the brands have a very good tool line.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 10:37PM

Harbor freight has certain house brand names like "Pittsburgh Tools", "Chicago Electric", "Hercules", etc. They import cheap stuff from China. They are decent small home repair/home garage tools. They're not good for commercial use. Think of Home Depot/Lowes/Craftsman as Macy's or Dillards. And Harbor Freight as WalMart or K-Mart.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 07:30PM

That smell is Chinese rubber. They don't vulcanize like America does. It's not new wrenches or ratchets. It's rubber handled screwdrivers, rubber air hoses, rubber wheels on compressors, dollys and rolling toolboxes.

Date: March 24, 2020 07:42AM

It was my attempt at humor. I get the same aroma and mild excitement in any tool store or tool department (i.e. the box stores, Northern, Sears, etc). I stay away from Chinese tools generally.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 10:54PM

Some crap people stole my Predator 3” water pump. I think I’ll buy another one this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 01:31AM by Beth.

Date: March 23, 2020 12:44AM

All of my harbor freight wrenches have rusted together into a handy multi-tool.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 02:56AM

Meanwhile from the church with $100B: crickets.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 05:58PM

Now I know why the glove shelf was total empty.

I keep forgetting that I already bought gloves at HF, so I have 3 boxes half empty. Living on a farm it's good to have that stuff on all the time.

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 08:57PM

Interesting. In the Vegas valley a couple o' years ago, a hospital group began building small 2 & 3-story hospitals hither & yon. In North Las Vegas, there's a Harbor Freight right across the street from one o' those mini hospitals.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 09:41PM

Regarding this contribution from Harbor Freight, too bad that the company didn't have ghawd's help in knowing what to do. I say this laughingly!

The USA is suffering a shortage of masks and other protective clothing.

But..., I say, but... in early February:

"Working with Project HOPE, a plane from Salt Lake City is being chartered to transport supplies from the Church’s Bishops' Central Storehouse in Salt Lake City. A second shipment will be sent from the Church’s storehouse in Atlanta. In all there will be 220,000 respirator masks, 870 pairs of protective goggles and more than 6,500 pairs of protective coveralls sent on 79 pallets of protective medical equipment."

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/church-china-combat-coronavirus

It's almost like Rusty and the gang didn't see into the future!

Although there is time for them to duplicate their early gesture here and now! But then the Chinese don't have the priesthood to protect them...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.