Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 07:20PM

As much as I despise the cult’s leadership, I feel for this man’s family and friends. Everyone, stay home if possible!

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/3/23/21191722/mormon-temple-covid-19-coronavirus-utah-death-bountiful-lds-church

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 07:21PM by BYU Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 07:30PM

The man attended the temple just last week, when I was sitting home on my butt because my state had the common sense to start shutting everything down.

Maybe the Q15 should start attending temple sessions daily with the church membership, to you know, set an example.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 07:49PM

Silly us, leaning on the wisdom of mere mortals!

Men of faith trust ghawd and do his good work! Yes, visit the shut-ins, take them your spiritual gifts, let them breathe deeply the strength of the holy priesthood!

Show us the strength of your faith, you stupid, credulous mormons...

How horrid of me to revel in the dismantling of SLC-centered mormonism.

Go get'em, Denver Snuffer! Go get'em, you dumb ass Chad Daybell!

Cynicism may not win the final pot, but it's still very much in the game.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 08:06PM

I'm somewhat FLOORED that the Desperate News printed this!

Sooner or later, the man's name & reputation will be m/less pubilc information, which is NO ONE's BUSINESS except family & friends; no doubt some Nazi-Mos will find something to chortle about, saying it 'was his fault', not ChurchCos...

Vicious & self-righteous you say, that's the ChurchCo brand!!

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 08:04PM

Unfortunately for Utah, that number will rise especially with those Covidiots at the Salt Lake airport waiting for missionaries.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 08:10PM

Oh for the love of God.

Yes, please, stay home.

Date: March 23, 2020 08:17PM

Clicking on the related link in the article reveals HALF of the Morg’s temples worldwide are still open!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 08:19PM

This is just ridiculous. They said they aren't worried about infection because he went to the temple a week ago and wasn't showing symptoms. That's when the virus is likely to have spread. Good grief. The stupid is going to get people killed!

Date: March 23, 2020 08:25PM

And, who generally attends the temple—older members! I have no idea how the PR Department can spin this!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 08:30PM

AND they'll say see how wonderful he is for going to the temple. I did see something the daughter wrote, but I couldn't find it now if I tried.

My mother and her brother died within about 6 months of each other. My mother worked HARD all her life and all I could think was I want her to rest. My cousin, who has never lived like a 'good mormon,' got sent home from his mission for having an affair with a married woman, said, "God must really have some big work going on and he needed both of them." HUH?

Just read the article. Oh, so that is why they closed the Bountiful temple. Why don't they tell us where he traveled? Sounds suspicious. They obviously suspect that is where he was exposed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 08:34PM by cl2.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 10:27PM

Yes, this exactly how they will spin it!

I think I have shared the story about the reckless actions of a bishop who took the youth to the river. He dove in and clobbered a submerged rock. He broke his neck, and died shortly after.

Leaders didn't focus on how stupid it was to dive head first into murky waters. Instead it was all about HF calling him home for a "special" work and wonder.

I think the church will ultimately spin the death that this 60+ individual had pre-existing health conditions and it was misfortunate that he passed on after attending the temple.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 08:59PM

Oh, I thought that even asymptomatic people could spread the virus. But, maybe that's one more truth for mormons that just isn't useful.

From the article:

“Patrons, volunteers or workers at the Bountiful temple are not considered at risk because their temple attendance was prior to the case’s onset of symptoms,” said Isa Perry, public information officer for the Davis County Health Department. “Our guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control are that those who are considered at risk are those who were in close contact after onset of symptoms.”

How Mormons twist the truth for their infomercial.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 09:09PM by kathleen.

Date: March 23, 2020 10:23PM

if I were the people. Like I posted, a guy who was fixing a machine where my boyfriend works started having symptoms late at night. He was from CA. They had him drive home instead of fly and then they sent him to the doctor. Doctor said it was flu. Didn't say if he tested for flu. I keep reading and hearing of people who have been diagnosed as pneumonia and then end up being positive for Corona later on. We are a week in since the guy worked at the place my boyfriend does. My boyfriend had direct contact with him and me. I have no symptoms.

I don't think we can be too careful now. OBVIOUSLY, the LDS church is afraid he did expose the people at the temple.

Why are they testing some and not others. Coach of New Orleans Saints was tested as he didn't feel well, but didn't have a fever or a cough, and they tested him and he was positive, but they don't test someone with diagnosed pneumonia. My neighbor's dad was sent home with pneumonia and antibiotics, and still was sick, so he went back to the doctor and he has Corona. He is 77. And they DIDN'T TEST HIM when he first went in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 10:25PM by cl2.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 10:39PM

cl2 asked,

> And they DIDN'T TEST HIM
> when he first went in?

I think because many people would rather rely on their feelings instead of science. Science doesn't 'mean' well. Science just "IS"!

But feeling good, having good thoughts, hoping for the best, that's what we humans do best, and science can't touch us in this regard!!

Sending him home with our best thoughts and our warm regards! Wow, that's humanity in action!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 11:02PM

At what point do TBM's come to the realization the priesthood is about as usefull as the toy in a box of CrackerJacks and won't save them from the square root of SFA! I'm betting never for a lot of them, sadly.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 11:06AM

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 11:09PM

I can't believe they are still keeping the temples open and operating.

Are they still doing endowment sessions where strangers are giving handshakes and whispering the sacred stuff into each others' ears???

Forget about the sacrament being passed around, this is some physical contact between strangers, with most of them elderly!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 11:34PM

If a faithful member dies, "The Lord has important work for him in the spirit world".

If Shinehah dies, "See what happens when you leave the church".

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 11:39PM

I'm just wondering if he knew he had "something," and figured this was his last ditch effort for God to heal him.

We were taught that, in the celestial room, you can ask for anything, and that SHALL be granted to you.

I think TSCC just doesn't want their big stash paying out lawsuits, so the timeline in this case was tweaked a little.

Date: March 24, 2020 08:06PM

I never even got to sit down in the CR. They never gave me long enough to get through the veil since I only went through the veil 4 times. The last time, my robe was on inside out.

But this man should never have been in the temple. Seems he must have had symptoms to have died that fast, but who knows. I don't understand the virus.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 24, 2020 01:30AM

I don’t think you’re seeing the silver lining. The secret handshakes were fresh in this guy’s mind, so now he is ruling and reigning in the House of Israel, bossing all of the smoothies around. Not to mention hooking up with countless spirit wives.

Date: March 24, 2020 12:17PM

That begs the question, Bradley, how does one do a hook-up with a spirit wife? A boner in the hand is worth more than two in the spirit bush. Just sayin’.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 10:57AM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how does one do a
> hook-up with a spirit wife?

A high calling is an erection made sure for eternity. Spiritual eyes can see even the power of Min in the facsimile of Abraham. One look at the power and priesthoods of some men and there are sure to be multiple Mormon-has-ums. IF that doesn't work just stick ur, um, in their bum, ums. It will take their breast plates away.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 24, 2020 07:55PM

Things like this tick me off. The corporation does not care of course.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 02:42AM

Of course they care. He won’t be paying tithing anymore.

Posted by: villager ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 02:54AM

For the life of me, I can't figure out why he wasn't kept in the hospital so he could have been intubated if needed.

He should have been sent to a REAL IHC hospital in SLC with a REAL ICU. But they let him go home?

Holy Sh*t! what were they thinking?
Sue Mountain Star.
Shame on all of you bountiful temple people!

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 08:54AM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 10:58AM

Don't touch your face after tokens. IT is a sign.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.