Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 09:44PM

My son just sent me a photo he took of the vehicle that was ahead of him at a light while he was on his way home from work.

The following message is on the rear window, with lots of pink hearts:

"I can't believe Heavenly Father sent an angel (COVID19) to send MY MISSIONARY HOME EARLY!" Accompanied with pink hearts and "I love you"'s.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any nuttier here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 09:45PM

Date: March 25, 2020 09:46PM

We need to make of list of people for the pillory when this business is over.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 09:47PM

And stocks too.

Date: March 25, 2020 09:48PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 09:49PM

Stocks were wooden or metal devices with foot holes used as punishment until the beginning of the 19th century. ... A pillory was also a wooden or metal device with holes to lock the convicted individual's head and hands in place. It was impossible to sit while in a pillory.

Date: March 25, 2020 09:51PM

I know what "stocks" are.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 02:32AM

All they had when I was a kid was a paddle with holes in it.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 09:48PM

Ya gotta love the "friends of Jesus" types who think this way. Everything is about them and only them.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 10:13PM

Devoted Exmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ya gotta love the "friends of Jesus" types who
> think this way.

This one sounds more like friends of Moroni to me. :)

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 09:51PM

:O

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 01:54AM

Ms. USA to see her son come home from his mission. She sure made sure she was on the TV cameras that night in the parking garage.

Pretty despicable. Someone is not going to take kindly to that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2020 01:55AM by cl2.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 02:16AM

I saw that on FB. Absolutely disgusting. God is killing millions and crashing economies all so her kid can come home early? She was probably one of the idiots crowding the airport thus endangering people all because she count wait a few minutes for the kid to walk to the car. People are stupid and clueless.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 02:37AM

Our right to believe stupid things is enshrined in the Bill of Rights. Why does it surprise you when members of an apocalyptic death cult see this as a good thing?

Date: March 26, 2020 04:20AM

Because I don't know anybody who would say such a thing.Even If they believed it, they should have awkwardness of how awful that is

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 11:06AM

Subliminally Mormons know they are in a millenarian death cult. I mean they go to "work" for the dead.

Strange things springs from the unconscious mind of Mormons.

Date: March 26, 2020 08:13PM

You dont have to be Mormon to think this virus is a hoax or that going to the beach for Spring Break is a great idea,or that God is punishing gays or Jews etc. Stupidity isn't an exclusive Mormon trait. I saw video on FB where an idiot licked an airplane toilet seat to proves that covid 19 is a hoax. It would be hard to find anything stupider.I suppose it is even a possibility that someone other than a Mormon missionary parent decked out that car as a statement against Mormons or as a tasteless joke. We are all bored with a lot moren free time on our hands than we want. Lots of people are turning to morbid and stupid humor to get them through. This may have been a prank by someone who thought it was funny and it could have been a Mormon or someone else.Whatever it was it was particularly stupid and offensive though. My point is.that this.type of thinking is hardly confined to Mormons. There are clueless idiots everywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2020 09:23PM by bona dea.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 03:16AM

She thinks that she and her loved ones are somehow immune from the virus. The virus might have the last say on that.

I saw reports over on Reddit that three large plane loads of missionaries are on their way back from Sao Paulo. Lets see how the SLC airport handles the families this time around.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 08:06AM

No news cameras for them unloading. Just pictures of the planes.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 29, 2020 09:29AM

Flights from Chile of missionaries are coming in.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 11:22AM

The window message should have read,

I can’t believe Heavenly Father sent the Angel of Death (COVID-19) to send MY MISSIONARY HONE EARLY. Why, the fuck, did my church leaders put him/her in danger when they should have known better?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 11:30AM

"...when they should have known better?"

Because God. Trial of faith. Mormon leaders are more than mere messengers. They are not faith healers but faith testers. They probably get boners over pandemics and such.

Posted by: Elizabeth S. ( )
Date: March 29, 2020 01:21AM

Last week, at work, (behind locked doors) I’d get mad and say: "People are stupid!” every 10 minutes, like a Tourette's patient.

Schools & daycares were closed, non-essential businesses closed, old age homes lockdown, all businesses at risk of failing.

After weeks of hearing countless reports, warnings, recommendations, being educated by social media chats and gossip, CBC radio, TV re; the dangerous reality of Covid-19, I saw dozens of kids were playing together in the playgrounds & the skate parks, not distancing and unattended by any parents, people were crammed together in long store line- ups. The bars and restaurants were filled to capacity.

Then I read:"I can't believe Heavenly Father sent an angel (COVID19)…”

It’s such a disgusting statement; it’s incredibly ignorant. People are STUPID.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.