Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: klsmd ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 06:03AM

One of the mishies I've been hanging out with is being sent home after a little more than year. It seems that about 30 kids from the mission are going home due to the expected influx of returning mishies from outside the USA. All of the mishies selected for early return have medical issues: asthma etc.
Depending on your point of view, nice of the church to send those most at risk home, or the church is looking to duck medical costs for a couple of weeks in intensive care...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 05:04PM

The very last thing that the people in power in the "church" want is to be exposed to the necessity of spending money on anyone or any thing other than themselves.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 05:57PM

Wow. I have mixed feelings about this. If I had a child or grandchild out on a mission, I would want them back home, just to be sure they are safe, but you can't guarantee your own safety, let alone theirs.

Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 10:05PM

Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 10:11PM

re: the church is looking to duck medical costs for a couple of weeks in intensive care

well . . . . they've only got about 130 billion saved up in the corporate nest egg (or is that trillion?? not sure)

wouldn't want a bit of medical expenses to put a dent in the massive pile of unspent tithing from poor little old ladies around the globe who die early from disease / lack of good medical care, 'cause they faithfully donated tithing money for decades.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.