Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: delbertlstapley ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 09:32PM

Why send out missionaries? Not only are they put at risk for corona, but what can they do. Can't go door to door or have gatherings or even got to chruch. In terms of LDS Inc thinking, missionaries are a big liability now. If people get the virus from a recently sent out missionary it seems like a lawsuit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 09:52PM

So obviously the missionary numbers will drop off a lot.

When they get the thing rolling again, they may never recover to 2019 level of missionaries in the field.

Some countries who severely restricted missionary activity might think that was good, and they could easily discourage / ban future missionaries.

Although there has been a huge increase in sister missionaries with the new 19 age thing, young women may mostly go back to thinking it's mostly the boys who should go, and why risk getting sent to a god forsaken place to catch disease and live in miserable conditions (for example Los Angeles).

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 10:00PM

If they could find another rite of passage, I'm sure your thoughts would be given the consideration they deserve.

There have ALWAYS been mormon missionaries!

Those lucky mormons have ghawd at their beck and call; he'll show them the way!

It just hit me! (Pay attention, church monitors-of-apostate-goings-on!)

A real tough missionary video game, one that really puts you through the ringer! It can be played alone or in a team setting. It has to be hard, but there are commensurate rewards! You have to be worthy to be called to play and the playing is on church servers at MPCs, Missionary Playing Centers, You are released when you've 'won' the game...

Did I mention that it is hard? And immersive... Those who get called and complete it, RMs, (Role-playing Masters), will have great status! And this time they'll make it a firm rule: gotta have the priesthood to play!

Isn't it amazing that ghawd would use someone who doesn't believe in him to reveal this to his servants! What a knucklehead he is!!

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 10:04PM

My FB friend just announced that her son who was recently shipped out to Ecuador to start his mission during the pandemic, will now be sent to Washington D.C. to complete his mission after a two week quarantine. I'm stunned. What good can missionaries possibly do during the pandemic? They shouldn't go from person to person and risk spreading the virus. Isn't there a shelter in place in most states? WTF is LDS Inc. thinking? Idiots.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 10:14PM

Maybe he can help test the missionary video game ghawd revealed through me, ghawd's humble tool?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 10:31PM

It's worse.s

Missionaries are helpers in Morg plans / efforts to extort WEALTH ($$$) from developing countries (has revenue from other countries flat-lined?) & have it sent to SL / COB, Never to be seen again.

If this isn't despicable, NOTHING IS.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 26, 2020 10:48PM

It will. In 2 weeks, the US is going to be in 5-10 worse than we are now. Can't believe that a prophet couldn't see this coming. Buckle up and be safe.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.