Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ervil Lebaron ( )
Date: March 28, 2020 11:28PM

I have heard all the teaching by evangelical churches that an antichrist will arise and force all people to accept a mark of the beast.I never heard of this teaching in all my time as a tbm teenager.I heard of the antichrist,but not the apocalyptic message of an antichrist taking poltical control of the world and forcing verybody to follow him through an implanted microchip.

How do mormons interpret these teachings in Revelation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 29, 2020 02:43AM

I heard this a lot, but it’s been a while. It’s from the book of Revelations. Microchip tags aren’t practical or necessary for tracking you. Smart phones do just fine. Thanks, Steve.

Mormons and Evangelicals are both chomping at the bit for the Apocalypse and looking for signs. They’ve been doing that for 2000 years. They did it during the Black Death. There’s no way COVID19 will be that bad. They keep hammering pegs into holes that don’t fit as if making one go in means something.

They’re waiting for something that’s never happened, ever. Not even close. But a mythological book says it will, so let’s believe that.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 29, 2020 08:35AM

A lot of the Mormons that I associated with growing up believed that the beast in the last days, spoken of in Revelations was the Catholic Pope.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 29, 2020 03:56PM

The Antichrist will show himself beginning 7 years before the Battle of Armageddon. Half way (Three and a half years) into the reign of the Antichrist there will be a big incident, many believing it will be a worldwide plague. So, it's obvious that coronavirus is that plague. The apex of the plague is expected to be May 9th.

So all we have to do is go back 3-1/2 years from May 9th and see if any world leader came on the scene around November 9th, 2016.
They'd have had the mark of the beast on their forehead and induced many other people to get the mark. He would be someone very sneaky who would put the mark in plain sight on their foreheads, probably printed in white letters on a red hat.

Just sayin

Posted by: Oliver ( )
Date: March 29, 2020 10:19AM

I've heard it be talked about being RFID chips that people get implanted into their hands (usually between the thumb and first finger). They can program that chip to do all sorts of things like for "tap to pay" or security access where you'd tap your badge (except you'd use your hand now).

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 29, 2020 10:35AM

And there’s the “mark of the beast”, the bar code we’d all have on our foreheads!!

Men would have even numbers and women would have odd numbers! From that point on, my memory gets hazy on what to make up ...

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 29, 2020 06:45PM

No one without the number would be able to buy or sell anything. Some countries are phasing out the use of currency. That worries me. As soon as the public allows it, that chip that is currently in your credit card can be implanted in your hand. Most credit and debit cards now have wireless RFID capabilities. The power is also delivered indcutively to the chip when it is used, meaning there is no battery in the chip to ever need replacing. Barcodes are so old-school. Given a good antenna, you can read an RFID chip in someone's wallet or under their skin from thirty feet or more away.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.