Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 08:57PM

We’re needed. Sure, we’re needed to tell the top brass they’re hurting families and individuals. We’re needed to tell them to stop hoarding money and come clean with their finances. We’re needed to tell them to come clean about church history. And we’re needed to clean the toilets.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 08:59PM

I’ll show up at the ward building next Sunday. I’m sure they’ll invite me in with open arms.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 09:02PM

Quentin who ?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 09:11PM

Doesn't seem to matter anymore, does it. All the names of all those old men. . .

Hand me the remote control, please. There has to be something on the Hallmark Channel.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 09:48PM

>>Quentin who ?

Tarantino. Movie director. Netflix and chill.

Remember -- our parents and grandparents were called to war. We are called to sit on our sofas and watch movies. We can do this!

In my best opinion, that's what the church talk was all about.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 09:39PM

That was my exact thought. I have no idea who the "names" are anymore. Out since '92.

Date: April 06, 2020 09:56PM

I once had an interview with a church leader who was annoyed that I didn't know the stake president's name. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was important.

In the church of Jesus Christ, surely there is only one name that matters. But no. I was supposed to know who each of the Q15 were as well as our local leaders.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 09:15PM

The sad part is that they don't bother asking why we left. It has to be hard heartedness, or desire to sin. A two way dialog is what would help. But they don't listen, they talk.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 02:48AM

And they are impervious to reason because critical thinking is Kryptonite to their testimony. Some people just can’t roll that way but they won’t accept that. Nothing short of bat shit crazy will do.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 02:50AM

macaRomney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The sad part is that they don't bother asking why
> we left. It has to be hard heartedness, or desire
> to sin. A two way dialog is what would help. But
> they don't listen, they talk.

They transmit, but they don’t receive.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 09:37PM

It is always about forcible interference and mind control

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 09:43PM

Come back to what?

Church at home? I've been practicing that for 20 some years with a 10% raise.

Offer nothing and say nothing. Same old church.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 02:53AM

I’ve sometimes wondered how that would work. Purely hypothetically of course and because I think my family still hope I will one day return. I suspect endless interviews where we have to repent of our apostasy before we are even baptised. Who on earth would submit to brainwashing a second time, completely willingly. They are so clueless.
My SIL told my daughter that if she came back now (at the time she was 18) it wouldn’t matter so much that she had left in the first place. Well, what is she really saying there? That leaving is a huge sin, but if you return when you’re still young, it is less unforgivable? The stuff they think is so nasty. Then we hear stuff like this; it’s blatantly dishonest.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 01:30PM

I admit i have self-loathing issues but not enough to rejoin that nonsense.

Date: April 06, 2020 01:36PM

Ok boner we will go back and overthrow the leadership and put me in charge. Then, i will open up the bank vault and spread it among people evenly. Then liquidate the entire operation. The end.

Date: April 06, 2020 07:06PM

Dude, you’re too much of a good guy to be a wanker like the Morg leadership!

Posted by: Old Al ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:33AM

They make it too difficult to come back. Other churches just let you show back up, no questions asked. I’ve contemplated returning for social reasons, but wouldn’t want to jump through all of their hoops when I know they don’t have the authority from any gods to make me. Not worth it.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 08:12AM

Yes- we are needed. They are not.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:16PM

bothering me right now especially since I'm older. Otherwise, they'd be working on me. My daughter blogged something and I'm sure she is hoping I would read it. I think she says too much. I read it. I'm glad she has calmed down from her meltdown Friday. Here conference was coming over the weekend and she had a meltdown? I'm surprised.

I have to say I had a little thought in the past few weeks that maybe I'm wrong. Don't get that very often anymore, like NEVER. All you have to do is listen to Rusty and see the hosanna shout and break into laughter. Besides, I was at Costco getting TP. If you guys want some, Costco definitely has it, but you can only take one 30 roll bag (now that I'm down to 3 rolls, but can buy it from my son's boss).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2020 12:18PM by cl2.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 01:15PM

BYU Boner Wrote:
> We’re needed.

Many are called to clean but few are chosen to sweep under the rug.

Date: April 06, 2020 10:20PM

Elder Berry Wrote:

> Many are called to clean but few are chosen to
> sweep under the rug.

Church Correlation, Strengthening the Members, Translations, Communications, Ensign Peak, and Budgetary Committees among them!

Date: April 07, 2020 11:47AM

Compensated leaders = haves
"Volunteer" leaders = have tos
All the rest = have to clean up after everyone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2020 11:47AM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 12:34PM

Degrees of glory, based on premortal righteousness.

They simply inherit what others have built. Must be nice!

Date: April 07, 2020 12:44PM

Yeah, but didn't their highest leader Jesus have to suffer being put to death?

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 03:58PM

Jesus? He's more like a mascot to them, a bit like Mr. Peanut.

They'd prefer that he not be a God. They've got their own Gods.

Date: April 07, 2020 05:29PM

Thus their new logo. Mr. Jesusnut.

Date: April 06, 2020 01:24PM

I like that last sentence. We are needed for free labor.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:09PM

Which I don't.

There's literally nothing in the Mormon church that I miss, or would need.

Posted by: Annon2 ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 09:25PM

I don't trust Cook. When I hear him speak, he reminds of a snake oil salesman. He's selling a "cure all" elixir that really has no benefit to anyone. There's something about the way he talks and that crooked smile of his that makes me want to run.

Posted by: decultified ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 10:22PM

In his pre-GA life, Cook was a sleazebag lawyer who stole a hospital and profiteered from cutting health services to sick people.

http://www.slideshare.net/Mormons4justice/new-l-d-s-apostle-quentin-l

In mormon theology, "Master Mahan" is one who murders for gain. Cook is at the very least an Apprentice Mahan.

Posted by: Annon2 ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 08:15AM

Wow! Just finished reading your link. Cook is a snake oil man. He does whatever he needs to do in order to benefit himself. My power of discernment must be working because he gives me the creeps. He fits in nicely with his quorum.

Posted by: LOL ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 10:17PM

Wants us to come back does he now?

Well I'd like to cook his little quentin.

Date: April 06, 2020 10:21PM

LOL Wrote:
> Well I'd like to cook his little quentin.

“A Stewed Prune” —- Sir John Falstaff’s Boner

Date: April 06, 2020 10:41PM

Go, you thing, go!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:05AM

Oh Quentin..you don't want the likes of me!

Date: April 07, 2020 07:16AM

There seems to a lot of confusion in mormonism. They contradict themselves. On the one hand they want to save us and have us come back. On the other hand, we are terrible sinners, like unto the sons of perdition, destined to be sent into outer darkness, and to avoided.
I’m sure this explains the bizarre behaviour of my family. One minute I’m staying with them and all is fine, they couldn’t be nicer. A few months later they are visiting and throwing subtle put downs at me in front of anyone. My SIL implied I did drugs. If it wasn’t all so insidious it would be hilarious.
Anyone else seen this?

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 10:49AM

Oh Eloheim YES I have seen that schizophrenic Mormon behavior. You are absolutely correct. On the one hand, "we love you so much...(crying)...please come back." Then a few minutes later, "well you will reap what you've sewn, we have taught you, we worry you will be a son of perdition, we will come visit you in the telestial kingdom."

The excommunication ritual aka "court of love" is actually a microcosm of exactly the behavior you speak of in a formalized setting. Six f-tards sit on one side of the room represtenting you (they love you), the other f-tards representing the church (they hate you). It is a ritualized sadomasochistic social display, where they denigrate, humiliate, and castigate literally on one side of the room, and the other cry about how much they love you.

I have witnessed this many times in my 40 years in the crazy Mormon cult. Crazy. Mormons crave the excommunication deep down...the crazy ones do anyway - and there are a lot of them.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 11:52AM

Third of Five Wrote:
> There seems to a lot of confusion in mormonism.
> They contradict themselves. On the one hand they
> want to save us and have us come back. On the
> other hand, we are terrible sinners, like unto the
> sons of perdition, destined to be sent into outer
> darkness, and to avoided.

You nailed it!

Since GC, the church PR dept works overtime to flood webpages (yahoo in particular) with endless articles regarding Nelson and their "plan to change the world." For many never-mos, it's really annoying to see these pro-mormon articles clogging up their news feed.

And if you go to straight to the comments, the morg apologists are bitchin' about the journalist's use of the word mormon in the article. They blissfully believe that the m-word causes people to throw mud at their beloved profit and church.

Umm...no. People correctly attack the church because the church always goes out of its way to EXCLUDE people.

-Example: Come see our beautiful temple, but we won't let you come inside. We won't even let all of our members attend unless they are all paid up in our little temple recommend club.

The church is a fraud. It divides families and hurts people.

Date: April 07, 2020 12:45PM

BYU Boner Wrote:
> We’re needed.

To punish for our sins.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:28PM

. . . The Q15 want a bigger kingdom to rule over.

JC☺

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:38PM

About cleaning the toilets
When the bishop + his councilors + the stake president + his councilors show up to clean toilets the MAYBE I will join in

Date: April 07, 2020 05:33PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
> About cleaning the toilets
> When the bishop + his councilors + the stake
> president + his councilors show up to clean
> toilets the MAYBE I will join in

About cleaning the toilets ...

When the bishop and her councilors and the stake president and her councilors show up to clean toilets then MAYBE I will join in

Date: April 07, 2020 05:58PM

Put their shoulder to their bowl fix their clog. Their duty is a john full of dog ….

Date: April 07, 2020 06:15PM

I don't think that rhetoric is aimed at us. The vast majority of those who have fallen into inactivity have no interest in returning to the faith.

And, frankly, they don't want us back. Our terms--individual dignity, equality, some form of institutional responsibility--are as much a threat as ever. The only way they want us back is if we cease to be ourselves.

So why the "come home and we'll kill the fatted calf?"* Probably so the members think the church cares and is magnanimous, perhaps to encourage members to pressure us to return. But they know they aren't reaching us.

*Fine print: "Fatted calf" is for advertising purposes only. We do not have the resources to celebrate the return of people who, dammit, should have been paying tithing all along.

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:30PM

And we’re needed to teach the now becoming forgotten blood oaths. Or at least to help run a ‘road show’.

Date: April 08, 2020 09:50AM

It’s interesting to watch what mormons do in terms of selecting those they think can be converted back. As I said before, I think their good works are only ever directed at those they believe can be reached “spiritually”. It’s what makes everything good that they do so transparently fake.
Since resigning over 10 years ago, the only times my TBM family members have seemed truly nice to me were when I went to stay with them and when they realised I was going to be a nurse during this pandemic. It feels that they have a very warped, black and white view of what constitutes a “good” person, and they also like to be in control.
Conversely, they have put all their effort into stealing my daughter from me, and specifically swooped in when she was depressed and used that as the moment to get her going back to church. They stated “but if you come back now it won’t be so bad”. Note the underlying rhetoric here: If she delayed further it will be worse for her in terms of judgement, and her leaving was a bad thing in gods eyes. It’s all so insidious. Luckily they didn’t succeed, but as she is still relatively young, they haven’t given up completely; they even still state they wish they could adopt her, even though she is now an adult. I wonder how long it will be before they grow colder once they realise she will never have interest due to her becoming her own person.

So the mormons pick on the weak, the young and impressionable, and are scared by those who have developed a strong sense of self. And if you are against the mormon church but are obviously seen as good by most other people, that’s when they get really confused.
As my therapist pointed out, mormons are confused. We are not.
I think it’s true that the church don’t want us back. This statement is for appearances only, and they know who easy targets are. They know the strife it will cause when mormons argue with their exmormon relatives, and they don’t care because it is us that suffer. My therapist made an important point: all of this behaviour if we have to endure it, is an extension of the spiritual abuse we have already suffered. I for one am working to cut this out of my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 09:54AM by Third of Five.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.