Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:21PM

Following GC, the LDS leadership announced that the church is donating 2 billion dollars to help single mom's around the world pay their bills until the pandemic is over.

They are donating 1.5 billion to help make masks and other medical PPE.

Missionaries are to help disinfect and help deliver groceries to the poor and needy.

Just kidding. They just waived their handkerchief to signal just how out of touch and selfish they are, but If you'd like to join them on a world-wide fast this weekend and donate that money to them, they will also take that from you. Oh and God is putting another temple in Layton basically, becuase he knows the needs of his children. Hosanna!

they are sitting on 130,000,000,000 and 60,000 volunteers and they decide, you know what, we'll just throw a few pennies at this so get publicity and ask people to pray.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:33PM

You cute little SOB. You had me. I was going to be proud of the mormons and I have never been a mormon. For some reason, I expect them to be more honest, more kind, more giving then the run of the mill christian group (if you want to call this religion christian. Well, it is radically different with their polygamy and multiple gods and humans can become gods.).

Mormons have something to prove. They have to prove that they are legit. Too legit to quit?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:36PM

It's too late for this year's April Fools, U have to wait for 2021; but by that time, the virus will either have Killed most of us or been cured / resolved in some way...

'nice try'.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:16PM

Okay, the timing was off, but mad style points!!!

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:21PM

Mad style points? For spouting off something the church would NEVER do followed by a just kidding? My, how original and clever.

You want style? Go binge watch Clint Eastwood movies!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 10:35AM

I knew this topic couldn't be real when it contained the word billions with a "B". The only thing the mormon church does in the billions of dollars is to hoard it. If they can get a lot of publicity bang for the buck, they might donate millions (with an "M"). But billions of dollars can only be hoarded or invested to get a bigger financial gain for the church. So they will invest in a mall (something with a financial return) or to build or upgrade a temple (something with a financial return). But charity? What? They're greedy, not stupid.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 11:33AM

One thing my dad learned about working for them was that for every dollar they donated, they spend 3-4 times that amount in publicity for it.

They wont even donate a day's worth of interest on their enormous fortune to help the hungry, needy, sick and destitute.

No wonder other churches don't consider them christian.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 12:17PM

the $ 100's of Billions is like a M-80 that the whistle-blower expected to go BANG, but it fizzled instead.

Any future leaks of 'secret' ChurchCo info will be measured against this episode.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:07PM

Nothing, absolutely nothing, anyone can say or prove will dissuade the hardcore TBM’s. They want it so bad and are so invested in the fantasy that they have no ability to process anything counter to their preconceived belief. Is a mental illness.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:01PM

Great point.130billion and 60,000 volunteers willing to do most anything. And all they propose is a fast and some hanky waving.True colors shining thru.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:05PM

Eat less, do more and we salute you with our snotty hankies!

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 05:38PM

members are publicizing on social media this Friday fast to pray for health care workers and for the economy. Yes, praying for the economy -- the GAs and LDS, Inc, must have lost a lot of coin in the downturn and looking at tithing income falling.

Most Christians are recognizing Friday as a day of thanks and humility toward God and toward Christ for laying down his life, not coming in asking that God restore their jobs or investment account.

Posted by: canuck guy ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:12PM

When considering the lack of action by the church, I am reminded of the following passage from the book of James:

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.