Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 02:18AM

Watch leaders of the LDS Church Embarrass themselves with the Hosanna Shout in General Conference April 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnxWY2cJHYw

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 05:57AM

Yelling HooRah and waving a White Flag - no wonder so many Mormons don't serve in the military.

Posted by: Daphne ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:01AM

Palm Sunday services with real palm fronds is so much better, imo.

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:39AM

Hosana? What does that mean? Is that a hebrew word?

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:44AM

These people are idiots. And PROUD of it.

Posted by: God ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:47AM

Please don't do this silly thing anymore. It's embarrassing enough as it is to have you even mention me.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

Now leave me alone.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:47AM

I thought it was the hosanna shout, but it's more like the Melchizedek Mumble. Very inspiring (not).

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:55AM

@Soft Machine:
I agree. It was impotent.
To compensate, he said it 3 times.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 10:23AM

When I was still deeply mired in mormonism and seen this, I was appalled and couldn't believe that this was my church and it was revered as sacred. I was embarrassed to see it and hoped that nobody else did, but it was on TV. I think the Rusty is just trying to keep himself in the spotlight and surpass any previous prophet's antics. It's too late now, but Rusty should have one of his nocturnal missives and say the lord told him that this wasn't needed anymore and to drop it.

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 10:34AM

The video is absolutely cringe worthy. Even more, were the photos in the Deseret News of Mormon families actually doing it in their living room while watching the embarrassment on t.v.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 12:11PM

You guys are so hilarious!!
Thanks for the laugh of the day for me!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:04PM

Do not cast your pearls before swine.

This was often reaffirmed when ward and stake missionaries invited their non members to firesides that were not "geared" for people interested in learning about the church. And the contacts ended up rejecting further missionary teaching.

So here's my observation: Why do that ridiculous ritual on live tv if it's truly sacred or special?

A little plea to the media about being respectful doesn't cut it.

They never should have done it in the first place. It looked beyond stupid and didn't make sense.

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:09PM

When I saw it, I wondered how much Corona-virus was on their handkerchiefs...

The Brethren told every Mormon in the world to pull out their handkerchief and wave it around in the middle of a pandemic.

Brilliant!

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 02:06PM

2 Nephi 9:44 re-translated by Nelson:

O, my beloved brethren, remember my words. Behold, I take my handkerchief, and I shake it before you; I pray the God of my salvation that he view me with his all-searching eye; wherefore, ye shall know at the last day, when all men shall be judged of their works, that the God of Israel did witness that I shook coronavirus from my body, and that I stand with brightness before him, and am rid of that infectious agent.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:19PM

In a 'spechul way', the Hosanna Shout is necessary;

the Mos have to keep a certain balance between mainstreaming & being 'peculiar', this is just their way of appeasing those who lean toward the peculiar side of things, if you will the legacy ChurchCo members...

my .02

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 01:45PM

Do you think Nelson is trying to get in every thing a prophet could do before he bites the big one, just so he could be remembered as the leader who did it all?

Posted by: Vortigern ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 07:24AM

I'm seriously waiting for him to have the members erect a big golden statue of himself on Temple Square.

Maybe for his 100th birthday.

Posted by: SeCular Priest ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 08:10AM

It sure looked like something out of a war movies or an old western movie the way he was doing it. I think personally he has had it with Dusty Rusty. It was his way of saying I give up. I mean what can he do to match what Dusty Rusty is doing.

I mean if Rusty had gotten up and said I was going to announce I am going to build 8 more temples but instead donate the money to find cure for what is happening, that would be leadership. Imagine Oakes, sees Rusty do this lame proclamation thing. The lame logo idol thing. The worst blessing to everyone at the end of conference. Imagine Oakes trying to work with Dusty Rusty as they see missionary program failing. People leaving church. All he sees is Dusty Rusty, Wendy and the Sherri. Yes that explained his I surrender wave.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.