Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 10:45AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 10:48AM

How else are we expected to drown our sorrows ?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 02:57PM

Mine drown quite nicely in Jamaican Rum mixed with coca cola

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 11:07AM

If they had state run brothels they would probably deem them essential as well.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 02:58PM

You mean they are not??

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 02:59PM

Maybe Brigham's Bordello is still open?

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 11:11AM

In one respect at least, Utah is the same as the rest of the world.
Or not?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 11:14AM

Well here in SoCal the rush to the toilet paper aisle made it so much easier to select wines the wines that would pair well with the food that was no longer on the shelves.

Utah liquor stores. OMG. Many decades ago I had a friend in LA who used to ask me to get a bottle of Everclear for him when I went to Utah cuz you couldn't get it in California. He used it to clean his recording equipment --said it was the purest alchol ever. But it was so dangerous to drink you could only get it in a few states then----like Utah.

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 11:57PM

by simple distillation alone. I'll skip the lecture on azeotropes.

All you have to do is cut it about 60% with water and it's just like vodka. The danger is that it's flammable--like 151-proof rum--and maybe kids might bet hold of it and not dilute it enough.
Sometimes in Ohio my significant other would get some for use in the biotech lab. For small amounts, it was cheaper and simpler to just pay the taxes than to jump through all the hoops for the Treasury. And if some of it found its way to the Christmas party, you didn't have to feel guilty.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 03:06PM

I keep running out of stuff. I’ve noticed I only really care if it’s cookies or red wine though. Utah has its priorities right in some ways. *sipping a glass of red*

Date: April 08, 2020 04:45PM

I need my Trader Joe's Oatmeal Yogurt cookies but the line has been too long to get in.

So, going to bake some Parmesan Shortbread which is absolutley delicious and actually goes with a good red and some cheese unlike regular cookies. Just an idea.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 05:47PM

¿Y porque no 'stas haciendo quezadillas, con tal vez un poco de salsa, y pedacitos de carne asada? O jamon!

Date: April 08, 2020 06:41PM

Mmmnnnnn. Pero. Con vino rojo? 'stas loco?

Con Margaritas? Okay.

Tambien quiero de empanadas de pollo de Catalina Market y vino blanco. Soy facil.

Mi "otro mitad" no esta comiendo nada de carbohidratos porque esta tratando de controlar su azucar con solo dieta---como un tonto. Asi que es muy aburrido la comida en casa y no encuentro un vino que va bien con un pedazo de apio.

Oh! Espera. Bloody Mary! Por supuesto. Si. Si si si.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 06:45PM

Get a room, you two.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 01:12AM

LOL !

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 12:01AM

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 03:21PM

I am not a big drinker but did feel a need to have a drink at home alone. I felt better after wards.

Posted by: Bucolic ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 03:42PM

I drink primarily to drive from my brain the fact that I am a raging alcoholic.

And it works!

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 04:17PM

I drink "spirits". I'm not an alcoholic, I'm Spiritual. A lot of people living among a bunch of mormons find that being Spiritual helps in dealing with mormons.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 04:38PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 04:41PM

I don't drink much. I'm not above buying alcohol for those I know, though. I got my boyfriend some scotch for his birthday and my sister some wine just for the hell of it. I stood in line in Logan and Brigham City didn't have a line, didn't have anyone in the store.

This little old perfect mormon girl.

I rode in a carpool to Thiokol years and years ago with 3 nonmormon men. I pulled out in front of a semi one day on the way to work and they told me I had to buy them beer and I did. They couldn't believe it.

Hey, the nonmormons and exmormon need to be able to deal with the mormons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 04:42PM by cl2.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 05:23PM

I love the irony. The temples are closed and the liquor stores are open :) l

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 08:48PM

The STATE runs the liquor stores in Utah.

They don't want to miss the money.

They learn that from the Mormon leadership - Money is more important than anything.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 06:13PM

Just sayin

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 01:01AM

Oh good. Spirits are getting difficult to come by in my part of Oregon. I'm going to Utah in a few weeks to help move my last child in the state out of it. I'll stock up on a few essentials while I'm at it. Thanks, Utah!

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 05:17AM

Well, if you deny the entire state of Utah access to alcohol, you'd have to assume that a certain number- maybe a couple thousand, maybe more maybe less, I don't know for sure- are so dependent that they risk having seizures or DT's without it, which would create a burden on a medical system that is already at risk of being overtaxed...

The presumption being that a liquor store is the only reasonable way to get alcohol in Utah, especially given the CoVid-19 crisis, and I don't know if that's true or not. I would guess all bars and restaurants are closed.

In other news, In my home state of Nebraska, restaurants that deliver food may now be allowed to deliver 1 cocktail that can be larger than 1 GALLON. not a joke.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.