Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mythb4meat ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 05:53PM

Fresno County has a population of about 982,000. 15 people have been hospitalized, 3 total deaths.....2 of them were elderly in bad shape with something else. And we are shutting down the entire area? This is ridiculous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 05:59PM

Having experienced lickety-split freeway speeds during a recent "rush hour" and breathed clean air and seen the fresh snow on distant mountains because of the clean air, I feel the urge to agree with you!

But I personally will continue to masturbate in place.

Study Italy, fearless young Jedi.

There are answers for you out there.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 06:17PM

I live in an area with four virus infested rest homes. One has fifty with the illness. It's five miles from my house. Another is about eight miles away with seventeen patients. That's too close for comfort.

I think people in Fresno County are lucky someone is watching out for them. The virus is deadly and spreads quickly and easily.

Wish my county had kept deaths as low as Fresno is now.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 06:20PM

It will get to your area in force. Then it won't care wtf you believe.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 06:45PM

No, it is not ridiculous. It is a preventive measure that can help keep the illness from spreading.

Posted by: Sharapata ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 06:47PM

So what exactly are you complaining about? Hospitalizations and deaths in Fresno are low because Fresno has been shut down? Would you rather have the opposite scenario? Interesting logic to say the least...

Date: April 09, 2020 07:51PM

Apparently level-headed people can differ as to the proper course of action.

But I hang onto the thought that people will promote the courses of action that they feel benefit them most. This is an easy rule to believe in.

It's the old "what's in it for me?" equation. Find your factors and then solve the equation. This is why differing point of view exist.

Who does the 'math' and then acts against his personal solution? I mean besides First Responders... And other assorted heroes.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 08:01PM

In shooting wars people die and are maimed. That's asking for the ultimate.

In this virus war people are asked to sit on their sofas and watch movies, then apply for aide and work to recover financially.

The second choice seems better to me.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 08:17PM

"In this virus war people are asked to sit on their sofas and watch movies..."

As Jay Leno said, this is the kind of warfare Americans are especially good at.

Date: April 09, 2020 08:29PM

"I didn't know that I'd spent all these years preparing for the fight of my life! I'm a hero!! Finally!!"

--Judic West, Earl of Grey, the West End and Comfy-on-the-Couch, Shrubberyshire

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 08:56PM

In my opinion, things would be a lot worse if states didn't advise non-essential businesses to close, and most people to stay at home. Just because it's not as bad in Fresno now, it doesn't mean it won't get bad. What makes this virus even more dangerous is that people are contagious before symptoms appear. It's called "Safer at Home" for a reason, as the more you stay at home, the less risk you have of becoming infected, or infecting others unknowingly.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 09:17PM

doyle18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my opinion, things would be a lot worse if
> states didn't advise non-essential businesses to
> close, and most people to stay at home. Just
> because it's not as bad in Fresno now, it doesn't
> mean it won't get bad. What makes this virus even
> more dangerous is that people are contagious
> before symptoms appear. It's called "Safer at
> Home" for a reason, as the more you stay at home,
> the less risk you have of becoming infected, or
> infecting others unknowingly.

Yes.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 10:10PM

“Many people who are dying, both here and around the world, were on their last legs anyway” -- Bill O'Reilly

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 02:23AM

O'Reilly said he hoped he didn't sound callous. Only to someone without ears to hear it.

Posted by: Anonxxx ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 10:15AM

It is an extremely contagious, nasty, and unpredictable virus. Although folks under 20 seem to fare well, the 50 and over folks do not always. Between 20 - 50, risk for severe problems depend on several factors, including body habitus, but there is a mysterious "hit and miss" factor with this virus. This virus can attack the lung, heart, liver, and brain. Glad Fresno is doing okay. In my mid-west community, we've been spared, but recently we were told that several employees a very popular bulk food store had the virus - as posted on their front door. Spain had a major soccer event, with 70K in the stadium, 3 weeks after the virus broke out. They wish they hadn't now. In two major Italian cities, early on, (e.g. Florence) the respective mayor's insisted on having a "hug an Asian" day, being so afraid of looking racist. The virus doesn't care about politics, your feelings or opinion, etc.

Posted by: AnonInCali ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 07:19PM

That's only true if you believe those numbers - which I for one dont.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.